Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER DOESNT RUN

Registered Member

NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER DOESNT RUN

Nokia software uploader doesnt run in Vista Home premium.
I have a) checked that no components are already running, using task manager
b)checked that the 2 programs are allowed through the firewall
c) removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled several times
d) administrator status

but when i try to run the program it hangs, then says vital components are missing, and says i should reinstal. Ther must be a fault. Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?
N95 8gb, but this not relevant, I think.
Please use plain text.
kal1ch

Have you installed the latest version of PC Suite? Try doing that.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have the same problem.. both latest software installs of the suite and the updater from the net. using a nokia n95 8 gb followed instructions rebooted for the drivers but nothing

just either hangs on opening the updater or says the message as the guy above. critical missing components.
second install failed going to attempt on my laptop but im not happy with nokias software really...

any help will be very much appreciated

cheers

Trevor
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

try to reinstall again as dictated...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

on my 5th install on vista
from the cd
from the internet files
gave up installed on my laptop(xp) worked fine but i still want it working on vista!!!

if i figure it out ill post back (seems people just leave problem posts open ended...)

cheers
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am trying to update my 6300. I have installed all the latest pc suite/updater etc but I keep getting 'Critical component missing' as well.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times, when it does run it won't recognise my phone!

Any further suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

try a differnt computer for now is all i can reccomend in my experiance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

i don't know, but at 1st my NSU did not worked as well it just does not pop-out, (i am on vista home premium, hp-compaq laptop Presario V6000) i simply rebooted and tried again and it is still working for me...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Whisperer
When you download and install software updator it leaves an icon at the desktop. Now if you have the latest Pc suite ( which I suggest you have ) you will see the same Nokia software updator icon when you open PC suite. Use the one shown in PC suite. It should work
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried everything suggested, but now have to admit defeat and will use a computer with XP
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have exactly the same problems, as discribt above and i have a 6300 . And i tryed it on 2 computers running on win xp.Sorry if my english is'nt ok, i'm dutch.
Please use plain text.

Yes, I tried it on WINXP and got another error problem. Error 1720 whatever that is. I really want to update the firmware but I don't know how I'm going to do it.
Please use plain text.

I'm new here but following discussions closely.

I'm have the same problem with the update of my N95-1.
Tried (and tired of) reinstalling several times.
I'm using latest version of Vista on a Dell Inspiron 531 with most recent updates installed.

Up till this last firmwareversion no problem with connections whatsoever.

Tried all tips before execpt the one with the reinstallation of previous NSU versione replaced bij last one. Can't find this previous version and I am skeptical about the solution.

The only addition I can make is the installation of the PCsuite for Nseries. Bluetooth function was't perfect en deinstalled this with regular PCsuite (latest version).

I'm out of options and look forward to solution without trial and error. If everything fails trying to look for 'clean' XP machine elsewhere.

To me it looks like a bug in the NSU because of number of reports that have been posted, also on other fora.

Fenx in advance!
Please use plain text.