Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA X2 SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM :

Registered Member
uuuuuuuuuuu

NOKIA X2 SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM :

Hey!

This is my first post to nokia. Well i purchased new NOKIA X2 in september . Yesterday i connected it to NOKIA OVI SUITE . It gaves me a message of " NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE". I clicked on yes . It downloaded first bt when it starts installing it starts showing messages of USB CABLE DISCONNECTED . First i afraid but i checked my port the cable was actually connected then my phone get OFF and gone on test mode . New update not installed but it send my mobile on TEST MODE . I went to nokia care centre in Pakistan they said it looks like that your cell phone is dead . PLEASE PLEASE advice me what can i do on this situation i dont want my X2 in dead condition please advise me !!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: NOKIA X2 SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEM :

For how much time did it show 'Test Mode' ?  Try again and wait for some time (upto 5 minutes) when the phone switches off during the update... If you can't succeed you may have to get it done thru' Nokia Care...

P.S. Take back-up before the update...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
melvinedward212

any new software for my x2
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lowbaper

I had the same problem when i try to update my X2 from v4.90 to v.8.17 like uuuuuuuuuuu. I try with Ovi Suite and Nokia updater software but both  Updates didn't  finish succesfully  and appear the message

"NOKIA RESTORE"

THE CONNECTION DISSAPEAR

PLEASE REMOVE USB CALE AND THEN RECCONECTED 

AND PRESS OK

I tried a lot of  times to recconect my X2 but only the programs did'n find the X2. My PC found it!!!So the installation didn't finish ever succesfully!

Test Mode dissapear when i remove battery.I check the version on my X2 after and it was v8.17 but i don't know if the installation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2ritwik2

Exactly same thing happened in my case also, had same issue while updating from OVI but with Nokia Software Updater it went smooth

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shijithc90

pls try to upadate after restore the restore factory setting.   Menu-->Settings-->Rest factory settings :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
siddhant1991

In Windows 7 and Windows Vista the reason for failure may be caused by windows trying to download and install additional conflicting device drivers during the update process.

To disable windows device installation for the duration of the Nokia Suite process do to following:

1. Access "Control Panel" and select "System and Security", and from there select "System"
  2. Next select "Advanced System Settings" and then the "Hardware" tab, and select "Device Installation Settings"
  3. From "Device Installation Settings", choose "No, let me choose what to do" and next select "Never install driver software from windows update"
  4. Click "Save Changes"

After this process please try to run the Nokia Suite process again. You may need to manually connect to your device again using Nokia Suite's "Add New Device".

Remember to enable the windows device driver settings after successfull installation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
siddhant1991

In Windows 7 and Windows Vista the reason for failure may be caused by windows trying to download and install additional conflicting device drivers during the update process.
To disable windows device installation for the duration of the Nokia Suite process do to following:
Access "Control Panel" and select "System and Security", and from there select "System"
Next select "Advanced System Settings" and then the "Hardware" tab, and select "Device Installation Settings"
From "Device Installation Settings", choose "No, let me choose what to do" and next select "Never install driver software from windows update"
Click "Save Changes"
After this process please try to run the Nokia Suite process again. You may need to manually connect to your device again using Nokia Suite's "Add New Device".
Remember to enable the windows device driver settings after successfull installation.
Please use plain text.