Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New FW for Nokia N79

Sage
vnt2

New FW for Nokia N79

Europe and MEA 32.001_v9.0_N79
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This release is useless. No know bugs have been fixed. Its only joke from Nokia :smileysad:

Btw: last thread where i wrote this opinion was deleted... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

This isn't an official update. It could just be a typo in the database for the existing v31 update. Waiting until it's a real update might help!
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes my post got deleted, saying its not official announced by Nokia, But on the nokia NSU page. If you put the product code it will show the version as 32.001. I have updated my phone to 32.001. its pretty fast

*Perfomance is increased.

*Camera quality is better than in ver 31

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Right you are, it seems it didn't hit all the product codes at the same time! I'll grab it later for mine.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

No N-Gage, which makes sense given that it's discontinued, but it comes with Maps 2, which makes no sense at all. Oh, and I can't recover memory card backups on this version (it gives an out of memory error) so after a well-intentioned full reset, which seems to have fixed my 3G->GSM->3G issue, I've lost all my Reset Generation saves and N-Gage points. Oh, the irony. I'm not sure there's any significant changes besides.
Please use plain text.
Sage
vnt2

Ivv, what is your phone code?
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

this is my  0548645

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Internet Radio is borked. The Station Directory and Search features both flop out and dump you at the FM/Internet Radio selection screen, so unless you really, really like the last radio station you listened to before the update, it's useless.

Nokia continues its relentless search for ways to devalue products it has already sold. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

They fixed the screen saver! Finally!!! :smileyvery-happy: 

just kidding :smileytongue: 

:smileysad:

Anyway, I didn't notice any changes yet, but I only updated today.

Also on this page it still lists v31 as the last one: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

Please use plain text.
Sage
saeed1133

bobthebob wrote:

They fixed the screen saver! Finally!!! :smileyvery-happy: 

just kidding :smileytongue: 

:smileysad:

Anyway, I didn't notice any changes yet, but I only updated today.

Also on this page it still lists v31 as the last one: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

I just updated my phone via FOTA this day. There is no change and  The powersaver bug not solved again.

what does NOKIA wants to do?

I think even they dont know what they want to fix!!!!!

Nokia N79 4GB
SW Version: 32.001 RM-348 MEA
Please use plain text.

Major bug still exists in viewing youtube/flash videos. Having problems viewing them in full screen mode.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

How is the fw overall? I am considering updating my sisters n79.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia will never fix the screensaver "bug", as it is not understood as a bug. It's a power-saving feature.

What about the tracknumber bug in FW 32?

It's there from FW 20 on and should be fixed by now! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

N79 has completed more than a year, at most it will come with 1 update, if luck is with nokia or else 2 updates will be released.

May be in that it will be fix. Let see whats the nokia have planned. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.