Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New N73 Firmware V 4.0839.42.2.1 Problems

New N73 Firmware V 4.0839.42.2.1 Problems

After updating my phone, 1st i noticed that the startup time just get better :smileyhappy: but, all problems come one after one;
1) the battery life have been ruined :smileysad:.
2) in making a call sometimes the phone hangs and there is no solution but removing the battery.
3) in the web or services >options>settings>access points ===>the option always ask just vanished :smileysad:
finally,
i think any one want to make a firmware update just forget it and enjoy your present firmware.

another question please, is all that happening to me only ?
Please use plain text.

As of Jan.17, 2009, the latest firmware available for the Nokia N73, Code: 0529785 Type: RM-133, according to Nokia's website was V 4.0839.42.0.1. However, NSU upgraded the firmware to: V 4.0839.42.2.1 (27-9-2008), no options.
Now, after this latest update:
1- Phone often hangs, and then not easy to restart.
2- Some applications often cannot be started due to "Memory full. Close some applications and try again." (When none are open).
3- Internet cannot be accessed due to "Connection not available" when I had accessed Internet with same settings with previous software.
4- Battery life is drastically affected.
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem so, how if we need to back with original  Firmware ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

ya i have all the same problem when new nsu will come?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pushkarbk

Hi, After updating V 4.0839.42.2.1  firmware,I found that  my mobile phone ( N73 Music edition)  is not working properly. It malfunctions while using camera.

Please use plain text.
SajanRai

Im having those problems too!

1. The battery life is seriously low

2. The phone hangs up (cant hear, cant speak through) within minutes. (sometimes)

3. While accessing the internet, it stops and says "memory full. close some applications"              when there aint any other app running!

4. Im sick of it.:smileymad:

Why havent anybody posted the solution to these problems? The nokia team should respond to this. Its affecting the phone users drastically! last time I couldnt even talk to get to the insurance companies.. that was nearly a disaster..! I had to go to my friends home and use his phone!

If anyone could just let me know how to increase the memory for the internet then it'd be highly appreciated. I cant access some webpage and its just so frustrating when you're so close and it gets stuck!

Cant we just uninstall the Firmware V 4.0839.42.2.1 and re-install the old version?

Please use plain text.

SajanRai : i'll tell you why nobody have a solution for us :smileyfrustrated:

as nokia now trys to make new phones the support team consider our phone as a realy old one :smileyfrustrated:

so, we have to live with this fact :smileysad:

i have some solutions for you, as i'm now an expert for nokia N73 :smileyvery-happy:

1) for the battery, try to get a new one :smileyfrustrated:

2) for hanging the calls, backup your data and restore factory settings for and don't install alot of programs in it especialy (ownskin themes) it ruins your mobile battery and make it really slow :smileyfrustrated:

3) to get a nice performance while surfing the internet, you have to try the new opera mini (v5.1 beta 2) (the .sis one) it's really great and will not tell you memory full :smileywink: http://m.opera.com/mini5s60.sis?act=dl&tag=mini5s60

4) if you really sick of it ( you are not alone :smileysad: )

Please use plain text.
yogeswark999

New N73 Firmware V 4.0839.42.2.1 Problems

Hi.

My Nokia N73 is often restarts and Hangs. After the phone start up it will work fine about to 10 seconds. After that it hangs and restarts. I updated firmware from v4.0812.4.2.1 to 4.0839.42.2.1. Still i have same problem. But the phone will work

1) if music player started within 10 seconds after the restart

2) If charger connected within 10 seconds after the restart

3) If Datacable connected within 10 seconds after the restart.

If i stop the Music Player or disconnect the cable or charger . It hangs and restarts. What was the problem ? Can anyone have this type of problem  ? please help me........

Hi.

My Nokia N73 is often restarts and Hangs. After the phone start up it will work fine about to 10 seconds. After that it hangs and restarts. I updated firmware from v4.0812.4.2.1 to 4.0839.42.2.1. Still i have same problem. But the phone will work

1) if music player started within 10 seconds after the restart

2) If charger connected within 10 seconds after the restart

3) If Datacable connected within 10 seconds after the restart.

If i stop the Music Player or disconnect the cable or charger . It hangs and restarts. What was the problem ? Can anyone have this type of problem  ? please help me........

Please use plain text.
lonekiller47

after i updated my phoen to this firmware version, i noticed that my phone;

1)The Phone Boot Faster:smileyvery-happy:

2)The Phone Increased to 20~23 Ram

3)The Music Get Louder ,very good when listening:smileyhappy:

4)The Gallery open faster

5)The Camera Performance improved much more

6)The Battery Work Fine After Updated The Phone,

(Note: The Battery Used To Drain Very Fast after charging,But now the battery last more longer about 3 weeks)

7)The Font Changes,But I still Changes to the old fonts:smileysad:

Thanks to my friend for telling about the firmware upgrade

last, i want to ask you all, do you know how to upgrade to the version of 4.0850.43.0.1, if you do, plz reply.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.