Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New NSU version ... and 6280 has been kicked o...

Sage
fhd4

New NSU version ... and 6280 has been kicked out !!

A new version of Nokia Software Updater 1.3.71 has been released ... and now 6280 can't be updated any more using NSU... for any 6280 version 3.x or above ... it gives you a message that " the Phone you have cannot be updated, if you have a problem with your phone, please take it to Nokia Service"

So Nokia has solved the problem of a dead 6280 after update, by not allowing it to be updated at all ... So clever !!! ... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ahmaz

Re: New NSU version ... and 6280 has been kicked out !!

That's just....#$%^&*..Plain evil...plain evil.
Nokia N73 Music Edition
Firmware Version: V 4.0750.31.2.1 / RM-133 / 15-12-2007
Please use plain text.

I have just noticed that thing also :smileysad: this is so lame, cannot believe it. So it is my fault that i have a 6280 and not 6288?? Why couldn't nokia specify that 6280 can be updated only if it has firmware 5.92 or above and the problem would have been solved.
i'm considerind switching to sony ericsson very seriously altough i had only nokias for years. no firmware support for such a popular phone and no words about this matter is a totally lack of respect from nokia.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ahmaz

I agree! 6280 is updating FINE and PERFECTLY as long as its firmware is above 3.xx...why can't they just let us update...sigh...I'm still not giving up though..I hope its not long before 6280 is OFFICIALLY supported.. :smileysad:
Nokia N73 Music Edition
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

Have an official statement for you all

Early versions of the 6280 firmware did not support Nokia Software Updater. Because of technical issues handling the early versions in NSU-backend, the NSU client will not support any 6280.

Regards
The Nokia Software Update team

A 6280 can still of course be updated at a Nokia Service Point. The link in my signature can direct you to one.

Thanks
Nokia Discussions

Useful Links:
Nokia Customer Support
Nokia Service Points
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ahmaz

So..what? just because the older firmwares can't be supported, they are willing to ignore us 6280's that can be updated? does that statement also mean 6280 will PERMANENTLY not be supported by NSU or what?

this is so frustrating..a cheaper option gone just because of technical issues regarding older versions...heck..that doesn't even apply to us with updated firmwares but we still get affected...
Nokia N73 Music Edition
Please use plain text.
Sage
fhd4

[ Edited ]
damocles, Thank you very much for the clarification ...

As I understood from the statement ... Nokia are not going to include 6280 in NSU forever ...

This means only one thing ... owners of models other than 6280, including 6288, will benefit from FREE software updates even if their phones out of warranty ... however 6280 owners, like myself, will have to pay $28 for every update (this is the price in my country)...

Of course updating is not essential unless there are problems with the phone ... but I think this is somehow like... a Discremination ... :smileysad:

Message Edited by fhd4 on 24-May-200709:56 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage
fhd4

Yet nokia released a newer update and it is still the same ...

6280 is OUT !!
Please use plain text.

If the software is available at Nokia Service Point, why can't it make available for download?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edman

I just cann't believe!! This is discrimination!! Why the users (for example) of 6288 are better than we (users of 6280)???!?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edman

to sawrad:

what does it mean? If I have 5.92 fw I could update it to higher versions without nokia tech services? But where?

And to NOKIA: what is the EXACT explanation for this nonsense??
Please use plain text.
Sage
grey_area

I seem to remember when the 6280 firmware was on the NSU a lot of people were complaining that their handsets were being bricked. It is possible they never found a work around so rather than you all bricking your handsets they have removed it so you go to a service centre and they ugrade it properly as I can bet you guys will be the first ones getting upset if you the NSU and your phone then dies

GA
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont understand at all.
Maybe in your countries there are only big cities and people have nothing else to do only going to NSU center to downloading firmware.
So in my country ( and I think so that only in my coutry) people also lives in villages so they have to take long journey to visit NSU.
And furthermore : Why I have to wait for my already paid mobile any day????
W H Y?

I dont want to.
If you do ( or Nokia ) so wait - I have only one phone no 2 or 3 phones. So if I put it itno NSU I can not recieve any call for maybe 1 months.

UNACCEPTABLE.
Please use plain text.