Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New firmware for E60 released: 3.0633.09.04

Advisor
rauskis

New firmware for E60 released: 3.0633.09.04

It's CHRISTMAS guys!!! There is finally i mean FINALLY a new update for Nokia E60 available via Nokia Software Update!! It is version 3.0633.09.04 and it's dated 20-11-06. I just updated my phone and had no problems during the update. Now I'm trying to figure out what's new and changed...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: New firmware for E60 released: 3.0633.09.04

Hi,

I updated my phone software last night too.

I saw on the internet that a lot of improvements have been made to the SIP, WLAN and connectivity in general section.
One of the best improvements from my point of view is the fact that the access point for the internet telephony is no longer fixed but when you launch it you can choose from the available wlan.

If the battery life was increased too it would be great.

Regards
Raffaello
Please use plain text.
Advisor

For my E60 the Updater says that the latest firmware is 2.0618.06.05 (which I already have) and no mention of 3.0633.09.04. Does anybody know why it shows the v2 firmware as the latest to me? I have the latest PC suite.
Code: 0524270
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

usually if you don't see the new sw available it's due to the fact that a phone is branded or the sw is not yet available for your region (e.g. language, etc...)

Hope this helps, you should just wait I presume

Regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Can anyone confirm that WPA/WPA2 EAP-TTLS PAP, I say PAP authentification mode is avalabil in the new firmware?Thanx!

U can test if the new firmware is out for your region here: http://europe.nokia.com/A4305060

Or if u realy can't wait anymore,u can change the regein code but loosing warranty...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

is there a page in which you can see the updates made? I tried to search... but I found anything...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

That page would be realy usefull indeed!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor

which product code/region did get the update?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

0519047 surely
Please use plain text.
Advisor

0524383 also....And 0524653 not:smileysad:( ~x(
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have updated my E60 and lost the ability to make internet calls. I use PBXes.org. Although I can register, when I dial and chose internet calls, nothing happens. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Professor

ok thank you and I had a successful upgrade, don't know about the above mentioned issue though
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Is there any way to go back to the previous version?
Please use plain text.
Professor

from what I know or other posts I have read, it is impossible downgrade
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mavios

to Leonglef: did you remove your previous voip settings then re-entered them? if not then remove the previous settings and re-enter them it should work just fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have finally figured out the problem. Removing VOIP settings would not do anything at all. The phone could not make internet calls. You register to your sip provider, dial the number and nothing would happen at all. I tried to hard reset the phone to no avail.

The problem was restore/backup. Some setting in the backup files would interfere with internet calling. I had to do hard reset, then skip back up and install everything manually, which caused me a lot of pain.

Also, in the new sip settings, they have added an option for automatic transport selection. Before it was manual UDP/TIP. That did not work until I changed the settings to UDP.

I also red that Nokia added a stun support and NAT traversal in the sip. Where is it? I do not see any settings as you may find in the Softphone/X-ten.

Overall, be prepared for a lot of pain if you use SIP/VOIP/Internet calling on your phone. I have yet to feel any benefit...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have Truphone and PBXes.org. The latter I use with another VOIP/SIP provider, works fine. However, when you deregister from your provider or PBX, the SIP icon does not disappear, the phone still thinks it is registered. Everyting slows down until you reboot the phone. This was a problem before, but it has not been addressed in this release.

So far, the only positive thing I noticed is that it takes shorter period of time for the phone to connect to WLAN.
Please use plain text.
rborovyk

My phone's product code is 0524510. And it looks like v3 update is not available for this variation.
I believe that phone variations differs primarily with language packs. But I use English only and I don't need local languages support.
Is there any way to install existing v3 update on phone with non supported product code?

Or maybe someone can suggest me the right contact of Nokia software update team / support team...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Although I bought my e60 in Thailand me too use only English and can't upgrade.
I certanly hope that we will be able to update our phones soon to v3.0 firmware!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

29-Mar-200712:14 AM
leongelf wrote:
I have updated my E60 and lost the ability to make internet calls. I use PBXes.org. Although I can register, when I dial and chose internet calls, nothing happens. Please help.

Register directly to your provider (Truphone?), else change some register and proxy settings. I had problems also, you can find howto's about this at the E61 model which is now the same in the E60. (Nokia VoIP Client 2.0)

Message Edited by mgreving on 31-Mar-200710:54 AM

Please use plain text.