Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New firmware for E72 : 054.005

Sage

Hard reset and restore the backup from before the update, just results in it getting corrupt again.

Try again and I can restore everything except Apps & Settings with it staying stable.

Very annoying as some of the settings take a long time to set up and some of the WLAN access points I'll have to go find the keys for!

If it's an app killing it, I'd be happy just restoring the settings but it seems you can't do just settings.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xepmec

[ Edited ]

Hello to all,
I have updated my E72 OTA and it had a "cyclic restart" problem.
After I applied *#7370# it came back to life and when I did the restore from mem card about 50% of the stuff came back but much didnt.
IE - mail for exchange had to be configured again, many programs (all have been installed in the phone memory) just have dissapeared.
I have VoxTrack to record my calls - before it worked splendid with "no beep" feature. Now it beeps even faster and louder when I select "no beep".
And MOST IMPORTANT - now each day the phone tendst to "freeze" in some app. Not totaly, but this app does not respond untill reboot (ie - messaging) and EACH DAY i have 3 to 10 popups saying "System error" or "Kernel error" or...
Will try to reinstal over OVI suite and post experience later today.

.............................................................................................................................

Have tried but since it is already 54.005 - cant get the option to reinstall it...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xepmec

Found the reinstall link and applied it.
So farr so good. There seemed that there was no need for restore but I did it anyway, from the last backup created while preparing for reinstalation of the FW. All the info on *#0000# is the same but have no errors yet :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xepmec

Here is the progress of "testing" the upgrade to new version:
phone works fine for a time and than something happens (inside symbian). First symptom is that the clock in the upper left corner DISAPPEARS. ???!
When it happens - messaging fails to open menu, by pressing "Options" and freezes. Many other apps too, bu it is interesting that some apps are not affected.
In such state, the clock can be brought back by long press "home" and choosing the "Standby".
I have not found a cure other than rebooting the phone.
Any solutions from NOKIA?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
premal

xepmec, even I am also suffering from Disappearing clock.

as for VoxTrack, same problem of faster beeps happened with me too after Hard Reset, I Uninstalled the software & again re-installed it, now its working fine again.

Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xepmec

premal, thanks for the advice but it didn't work for me.
However,
I have noticed one more setback - Calendar: System error (-1), when trying to delete events in calendar.
When I try "delete before date..." - I do not get the error message but the entries are NOT deleted....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xepmec

Seems that noone is looking here for solutions on problems afther update of this firmware.
I have noticed additional problems in messaging application:
1. After restore (previously described) i have Lotus Traveler and Mail for exchange inboxes that have "?" - a question mark instead of the appropriate icon and I can NOT remove them.
2. When using the client and adding recepients to the mail, when selecting the recepient I get error message: System messaging (-6) and have to type whole mail address instead of selecting it from the contact.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
amit219

remove voxtrack completely. believe me i too had these trouble . like clock disappearing, error messages, kernel error messages, screen freezing at contact selection for sms.

just remove voxtrack. run ur phone w/o voxtrack for 3days. and u will notice the difference!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Juhele72

yeh im with you man i cant find out who has texted me before i open the message :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Juhele72

no sms information anymore. it doesnt show you who has texted you before you open the sms message :smileysad: anyone know if there is a fix?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Klass_ic

Am sorry to say This Nokia...but am preety much Not happy about this updae....Previously i was having 034.005 firmware when i bought my E72..everything was fine,before i heard about updates are available,i first checked all i get is 052.xxxx version,i waited like for a week,then i got this 054.005.on the first week everything worked fine but suddenly i experienced somebugs...
1.)i experience alot of Memoryfull Close some application,which i never experienced when i was using the 034.xxxx version,then i ca open upto 6apps,normally opera,assasincreed,web browsing email app,contacts all at da same time then but now,i cant i can only use not more tha 4apps at the same time in 054.005.
2.) i dont know if any of you do experience dis big bug....this is the worst of ehm all... My wilan wizard pops up showing search for wilan(please no questions and argues about this,becaz dis is not my first time,i have every wilan settings off,no automatic search on,everything was meant to be started by me,becaz its ma fone)that is preety annoyn,becaz it pops up whenever am doing an important thing,and when nt necessary..
3.)another Bug i face is i cant play my favourite Game Asphalt 4Hd,never opens,i tried all,iended up with 240x320 screen resolution asphalt which its graphics is distorted...
4.) My torch really hanged lastnite,never wanted to switch on,until i powered off and on,it works naw..
5.)please provide the ''off'' options in camera sound,cant we do secrete works..like take photos witout soundz.
6.)also faded Enter text numbers,when want to type in opera,look at the left Hand upper corner u will see it example(Enter text (55xxx) xx meaning faded numbers dat never showed,kinda looks faded to me..atleast i have to see my text counting,when i type i suppose to see de numbers reduce..rite..
But above all this nothing New in the E72 update except the keylock functions restricted to home screen alone and adobe watever and quick office...still mine adobe Hangs when i wan to use it,hardly i move around my docs while reading it...
So Nokia Please set us free,we need a better update in dis E72 of ours..besides am from Nigeria,so no wonders...lol)
atleast if anything cant be fixed but try and Fix this Memory full close some items bugs and suddenly all Apps close and i loose my works'' Please Please Nokia i love my fone..wish theres a way to downgrade This Mobiles legally..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mstandl

Hey,

yesterday i experienced some useful thing: if the keypad is locked and you press and hold the optical navkey down then a digital clock, date and the used profile appears. pretty useful when you just want to know the time/date etc. and I don't know if this feature was there right from the start or came with 54 FW.

@Klass_ic: hey, actually I don't know/understand why you have to have opened a game, web browser, email app, contacts and what so ever that's your thing but what helped me on the n97 is ramblow for those memory issues (which I didn't have once on the e72 btw no matter what fw i had installed). to your 2.) point: is whatsapp messenger or a similar app installed on your device? i experienced really annoying wlan auto-connections even with my wlan settings set to not automatically search like you. it just connects via wlan no matter what i did. maybe its just some application and I would check on this.

totally agree on point 5)

Greetings

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Klass_ic

ok mstandl......i like multi tasking as much as possible hope dis all is fixed in the new 071.004 update...leme update and see whatsup... ;-P)
Please use plain text.