Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New firmware for E72 : 054.005

Advisor
horia

New firmware for E72 : 054.005

[ Edited ]

software version date : 23 feb 2011.

updated OTA via wifi.

nothing new at the first sight.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robmeik_1

Seems a bit faster and I am get about 2Mb more RAM after the update. I cannot see any other changes!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
walibaa13

nooooooooooooooooo dont update to 054.005 it sucks really it lags more dan before....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Im downloading it...it is recommended that after the update you guys have to format the handset to enjoy the latest features. anyone has got a log?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m_3_512

Hi. I can't seem to be able to update. Ovi still gives the connection problem, NSU hangs durring "starting application" message, and on the handset, I don't have the "install" option, only "install via PC" wich sends me to nokia.com to download OVI or NSU.

This is very frustrating.... I woult expect more from Nokia after spending 450 Euro on this handset.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emrmy

I updated it & it works just find, provided a bit faster than before. But so far, I haven't seen any new features. Maybe Nokia should point us to what's new available in the new updates.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
your_sam

NOKIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLEASE DO SOME THING BEFORE I GO TO BLACKBERRY

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
demod

Some real feadback - so I installed it.  (after a backup!)  it had trouble booting after the update.  Did a hard reset (*#7370*) and set everything up again.

Seems to be performing much better now. Bluetooth seems to work 100% where previously it would hardly ever respond to the voice command button via the headset.  this alone makes it worth while for me.

Phone lock seems to also be fixed, it would force me into an alphanumeric code before, now I can just have letters! 

Still had to manually update mail for exchange.   But I agree with other posts in that it feels snappier! 

Good work nokia!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aimsbond

[ Edited ]

In the new firmware 054.005 you may close open application by pressing the Call end key which was not possible in the earlier versions they would have been running in the background and slow down the OS and drain battery. The digital clock on the lower side has been made bigger than the last firmware. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nooiny

good
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
srinitand

Hi
I have upgraded fw from 52.005 to 54.005 just with an expectation of upgradation of adobe reader. Though adobe is upgraded from 1.5 to 2.5, I don't see the features of v 2.5. there is no word wrapping opetion in menu, zoom does not work with just navigation key and i have to use left soft key for that, not able to open password protected file... Which are actually the features of adobe pdf v 2.5...::
Please use plain text.
dimabel79

so, it seems there are no relevant changes/bugfixes in the new 054.005 FW, just some cosmetic corrections of stuff, which user can see (jokes like make clock bigger), just to give feeling of the update. So dear Nokia, we still waiting for official Release Notes or Changelog. 

IMHO: If Nokia will continue the same **bleep** (I mean SW quality) with W7, Nokia as company will disappear (sold).

SW development should be done only in Europe/USA.

I am developer and I kwow, how important the quality of SW is!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mariusalbinita

Upgraded from the 052.005 (quite pleased with the last one). I haven`t made the backup (the phone memory was encrypted) so I lost everthing (had backup on mem card). Didn`t sow major changes except:

Quickoffice, Adobe Reader, Psilock traveler updates

Maps can be put in Root dir

More free space on phone mem (because some app are gone at least in my case - Youtube, Twitter, My Space, Vlingo)

Some changes in the email client (seems to work faster and some graphic changes)

Web browser vers. 7.2.6.2

For now everything I managed to recover seems to work fine

A..and last night had some problems with the network (3G network but with EDGE coverage from place to place) some dropout (conection put onhold) not able to use it. Today worked fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UPPAbaby

dimabel79 wrote:

so, it seems there are no relevant changes/bugfixes in the new 054.005 FW, just some cosmetic corrections of stuff, which user can see (jokes like make clock bigger), just to give feeling of the update. So dear Nokia, we still waiting for official Release Notes or Changelog. 

IMHO: If Nokia will continue the same **bleep** (I mean SW quality) with W7, Nokia as company will disappear (sold).

SW development should be done only in Europe/USA.

I am developer and I kwow, how important the quality of SW is!

What makes you think that Nokia SW is developed outside of Europe/USA? Specifically, the E72 firmware.

Please use plain text.
HadySlb

The update always stops at 7.6 Mb !
A solution ?!

Please use plain text.
thilo_schmidt

Email option in the camera app is missing after fw update. Only MMS, Bluetooth and upload are the options. Can someone help to restore the function?
Please use plain text.
dimabel79

There should be some reason for decreased SW quality. Previously Nokia was the best and stablest phone! In the "cost reduction" time many of companies switched to outsourcing to the cheapest countries (not Europe/USA). So far is not a bad Idea, but to do this you should have experience with outsourcing, without this you will get not what you paid for. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@thilo_schmidt Try to restore factory settings. In my case, option "Via e-mail" in camera application is still here after update!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tarek_Ghali

[ Edited ]

guys i feel so jealous as one of my friends got this update and i haven't got it yet

i used the phone to find updates and after a short loading with ovi logo it said no new updates.

so i tried the website on nokia.com>support>sw updates> can i update section and entered my phone's code and i found the sw ver . that i 'm using right now  :smileysad:

i know that this new update is not available for all as it may varies (the country or the region that the device was peiginaly made for and the service operator provider)

i need one right now :smileyvery-happy:    lucky you :smileywink:

so guys when you test it let me know if it's good or not 

as i'm waiting for the new firmware  for my E72 

Nokia E72-1 Black
firmware : 053.001
of 26 of nov 2010
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lechaise

I've just done an update on an E72 with this version and it seems to have caused the phone to be stuck in a constant cycle, it boots to the nokia flashscreen and then just continually restarts after that, never getting further than the nokia screen. Any advice?

Please use plain text.