Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New firmware for E72 : 054.005

Advisor
lechaise

Re: New firmware for E72 : 054.005

Fixed: I tested the battery in another phone, that waas fine. I removed the memory card and started the phone, it now worked ok. I tried a different memory card in the phone and that was ok too, so I copied the details from the old card to another formatted one and that new card also worked ok in the phone. So, the problem was clearly with something on the old memory card although it seems strange that 1) the card worked ok before the update and 2) the exact same files were accessible and caused no problems on the replacement card. oh well...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marmaritax6

Hi Horia,

Can you please explain how did you updated via WIFI? Because it asks me to update via PC and there is no option to update via EDGE or WIFI.

Guys,,,is there any one has the EXE file of the update or where can get it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lechaise

How are you checking for your update, via the handset, selecting Applications > Software Update, and then choosing the software you want to update.?
Please use plain text.
SarO_92

Hello all,

Why it's always difficult to find change log of a new FW?!

Any one can help me?

There is no new FW for my E72 when I try with NSU. And my current version is 51.018.

On: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

It mean I have the lastest version:

Latest available software for your device: 
Version::  051.018

If I change the product code I'll be able to update the FW?!

However anyone have a ProductCode for E72 Black Azerty?

*Thank, best regards SarO_92... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@SarO_92:

Changelogs are considered confidential information by Nokia, which is why they are not released to the public.

Anything you do see on another site may well be salted with incorrect information in order to identify a mole, and cannot be repeated on this forum.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tarek_Ghali

[ Edited ]

Saro_92 no device is ok and this the latest software for ur device as firmware ver may depends on ur device 's origin (what country it was made for) and your operator provider
btw i tried to update too but what i found was 053.001 which i already use.
so it's ok and very natural to see this message don't try to force update by downloading any software to get the latest sw 054.005 because it won't suite ur device

Nokia E72-1 Black
firmware : 053.001
of 26 of nov 2010
Please use plain text.
Advisor
horia

Hi,

My wifi acces point has priority 1.

Then typed *#0000#.

Update...

Please use plain text.
quido18

I just upgraded my E72 to 054.005 yesterday.

The only problem I found is that all accesspoints have been moved to "uncategorized" and they seem to be stuck there forever. I cannot move them to "internet" or delete them.

I tried to reset to factory settings: all settings were gone, except for the stupid access points. :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
your_sam

nathing new  :smileysad::smileysad:

Please use plain text.
SarO_92

Hi all :smileyhappy:

Thank you Grschinon and Tarek Ghali for answer and help.

Btw I know I can change my product code and have the last FW.

I live in France and I want to change it because my E72 FW is currently on SFR provider.

I want a no provider FW without specified application or other...

-They are some risk if I change my "product code"?!

I think no because I do it one time whit my old N95 8Go.

Thank you again, best regards SarO_92...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Discussion of such matters is against forum rules.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
quido18

[ Edited ]

small update to the problem of read-only access points, in case someone else has same issues:

I think it came from the restore of the settings.

At first I did: backup all -> update firmware -> restore.

Now I reinstalled it again and without restore, it works. so I will only selectively restore specific data (contacts, messages, but not the program data :-( )

Please use plain text.
LemmingRush

I just updated my wife's E72 with the OTA firmware and she is complaining that a feature has been removed.  Apparently it used to show who had texted her in a popup on the main screen and now it's back to the old school "1 New Message".

Any ideas on this?  Is anyone else having that problem?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

BlackBerry? Hahahahaha..... Believe me you will regret.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
premal

my version is 053.001 & when I check software update on phone, it shows New Phone Software but options is Update Via PC no in-phone update.

When I try to update via PC, then both through Ovi & Nokia Software Updater inform me of new update available, but when I try to update I get an error of Network Configuration.

I have been trying this for a week without any success...

Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.
manujk25

Hi

I have the update available and want to upgrade to new FW, but is it necessary to reset phone after update? Will my downloaded apps and games still work after reset? How can I get them restored?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The E72 does have UDP (User Data Preservation) so, in theory, when you update it (whether via FOTA or using your computer), all of your applications and data are preserved.

It is, however, a good idea to do a backup beforehand just in case. You can either back up to a memory card using the built-in file manager or you can use your PC to back everything up using OVI Suite.

Please use plain text.
nahhas

I think nokia is go back. bec. I know that with a new firmware some bugs should be fixed. but after the update I dont see new things and as well as my phone is go more lazy. so so so slow. I think 53 is better then this one. How I can back to the old firmware. or is there any new firmware will be announced nearly.

I dont know what I do but I know that if there wont be any improvements on the phones nokia nearly will be end. bec. most of the users try another phones.

I dont understand that if my phone is before the update is faster then the new update what I can do...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pinasco86

There is a big problem with this update...no incoming sms information Anymore!! **bleep**! When I get a new message there is no information about the sender and the number! How could that be? Is there a way to solve the problem? Anyone else stuck in this mood?

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

dimabel79 wrote:

There should be some reason for decreased SW quality. Previously Nokia was the best and stablest phone! In the "cost reduction" time many of companies switched to outsourcing to the cheapest countries (not Europe/USA). So far is not a bad Idea, but to do this you should have experience with outsourcing, without this you will get not what you paid for. 

S60 (now just Symbian) is the problem. S40 was and still is very stable. Nokia still makes loads of S40 phones and they're excellent.

Anyway, finally updated to 054.005 and it's trashed the phone. Takes ages to boot, stuck in white screen then finally says System error. Eventually gets to menu but things are missing and it doesn't pick up a signal. Activate apps and it locks up. Reboot the phone and same again.

Needs a format. Okay I have a backup but experience is restoring these isn't perfect and I'll have to manually re-install loads of things and set stuff up.

I'd say I'm surprised but I'm not. This is typical of a software update on an S60 phone :smileysad:.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.