Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New software update (111.020.0059) for Nokia 5...

Registered Member
tender2touch

New software update (111.020.0059) for Nokia 500 Horrible !!!!

Hi Guys,

Two to three days back I updated by Nokia 500 with the software version 111.020.0059.

It looks good, but after one day....it started restarting itself....I had lots of trouble configuring 3G with it......and what more, it is using up lots of battery and have to recharge every day now.....dont know why.....

Also few softwares from OVI stores are not compatible with it.....

Also my Nokia Suite gives me trouble ,gets stuck .........

can anyone have the solution for this ?? or do anyone have the same problems like me ?????

Pls. advise.

Please use plain text.
LimaTango

Re: New software update (111.020.0059) for Nokia 500 Horrible !!!!

Agreed. Release 111.020.0059 is a bigger piece of garbage than the original version on the Nokia 500, which was already full of holes and almost worthless. As tender2touch says, in addition battery life is pathetic, with less than 30 hours standby time after making three calls during a single 24 hour period. Not only that, the new release has actually lost some features that the previous release had, such as battery charge in percent and Bluetooth shortcuts on any of the so-called home screen. You now have to use a nearly hidden drop down to find Bluetooth status, but cannot connect to any devices from this level of access !!! Give me back the old garbage and I'll learn to live with its frequent auto-reboot 'feature'.
Please use plain text.
Bhushan12

I am also agree with you. This latest update has major bugs. Store maps , installer, nokia account all hangs. Reatart problem is again back and too major. Feature pack one should avail for this.

Please use plain text.
jeovanyerazo

if u want to solve this problem re install belle!!!!!

and ull see

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

software version 111.020.0059.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how can i update it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SelenaYin13

I agree. I can't edit my pictueres anymore as there are no edit option in the settings anymore. Some apps cannot be installed and my net connection is always having problems with this new software. I wonder why if this is the new software launced,why are there so little improvements in it??

Please use plain text.