I updated my Nokia phone with the Software Update that showed up in my Nokia Suite two days back. When i check Device Update option in my phone, it shows i have V11.95 as Current SW Details of my phone.
Surprisingly, after performing this update, i ran in to series of problems though i thought i am finding a solution to my Social (Facebook) menu option not working. Let me list down the problems i have now,
- Mail option stopped working (Mail menu doesnt even open up the application)
- When i go to Contacts Menu, it says 'Operation Failed' and doesnt allow me to see any of the contacts i have in the phone. To dial a number, I am forced to type the numbers despite having someone on my Contact list. When i type a number and dial, at that time it shows up the person whom i dialled if that number is in my Contacts.
- Under messsaging, after typing the text, when i try selecting a contact it says 'Invalid Selection' but when i receive a message from a person who is already in my contact, it displays the name of the sender.
- All this together with my original problem of Social Menu not working which is still not working.
Can you check and give me your views on how to fix this?
I had a problem using Social Menu in my Nokia 200 and when i saw an update available in Nokia Suite, i installed this update,
Surprisingly, i ran in to series of problems after running this update.
- my Mails stopped working (mail menu doesnt even open up now)
- When i access my Contacts, it says Operation Failed. To dial a number, I am forced to type numbers despite having those numbers in my contacts. After dialing, it shows up the person name which is there in my Contacts.
- After typing text message, when i try to select a contact it says Invalid Selection
- All the above together with my Social menu problem which still remains.
Can I expect a fix to all these from Nokia?
do you get a "conflicting application" error message when opening the browser or it just doesn't connect to internet?
If the browser is broken (the app doesn't even start), then try these steps:
Download and install Opera mini or some other 3rd party browser app (through Nokia Store application on the phone or via Nokia Suite on your PC). After Opera Mini is installed to the phone, use it to navigate http://download.browser.ovi.com URL and see if reinstalling the Nokia Browser would fix it.
If browser opens, but there is a connection problem, then there is most likely something wrong with the connection settings. Easiest way to fix it would be to reorder the settings from the operator. Not sure in which country you are based, but at least in Finland that's usually doable by sending a SMS message to a specific operator service number. You can probably find the instructions from e.g. your operators homepage. Alternatively the settings can be manually entered.
You might contact the guys at http://www.whatsapp.com for official answer. But no Whatsapp for Asha 200 in plans, AFAIK. Other Nokia dual-SIM devices have a similar situation. You can see the current list of supported Series 40 models from here: http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
there are 2 options. Either using Nokia Suite with your PC, or via FOTA (over the air) using your phone. Find the instructions from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-updat
if you can, get the latest 11.95 update. That fixes certain stability issues with the phone. See: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/N
Asha 200 does not have video streaming support and it can't be most likely added with SW update.
Internet speed could be "boosted" up a bit by making sure the latest version of Nokia Xpress Browser is installed. Navigate here with your phone: http://download.browser.ovi.com/. Using Xpress Browser (like Opera Mini) should reduce the amount of traffic by compressing the data and in most cases less data to transfer means faster browsing speed. This article from a few days back explains it pretty well: http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/02/01/five-rea