Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New software update available for Nokia Asha 3...

Registered Member
nashing

Re: New software update available for Nokia Asha 303: SW 14.76

i want to enjoy this new SW update bt its not available here in Ghana please why????
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PvtJoker

nashing wrote:
i want to enjoy this new SW update bt its not available here in Ghana please why????

The latest software for Asha 303 is actually 14.87. I don't know if it's available in Ghana yet. Dial *#0010* on the phone and tell us the uppermost code. It will help us determine if the update is available for your phone yet. 

Mobile phones: 3310, 3510i¹
Smartphones: N70¹, N82, E50¹, 6220 Classic¹, 6710s Navigator¹, X6-00, N97 mini¹, 700¹, Asha 311¹, Lumia 710¹
In the family: C2-01¹, Asha 303¹, 301¹
¹ Still in working condition
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raghuldev

i cant able to download update
Please use plain text.
weew

I have the same problem with nokia browser in my nokia 303 phone a year ago and until now i still cannot access it :squint: try using other browsers like opera mini and uc browser. haha

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zenke

Model:Asha 303
Version: v14.60
18-04-12
Product code: 059J1G0
Made In India
Date purchased: Sept., 2012
Service providers: MTN Nigeria, Airtel Nigeria

My Asha 303 became slow and I tried restoring Factory Settings. It lasted for over 2 hours but failed to restore. Hence losing all pre-install apps on my device such as:
>Maps
>e-mail
>Social apps
>Calculator
>Rintones
>Wallpapers
>Nokia browser not opening
>Music player unable to open
>Apps & Games cleared

My headache is my device's USB jack is long been damaged and, as such, I can't update nor re-install my phone's SW using Nokia Suite.
Please, kindly help me update my device OVER THE AIR.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zenke

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, make available the SW update for Asha 303 via OTA.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zenke

I think I was offered a solution to my problem in my inbox but it was deleted before I could read it.
Hush!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Blaku022

Can i update the sw 14.87 now here in southern africa (zimbabwe)direct on my fone without a PC
Please use plain text.
periwinkle28

Hi, Blaku022.

Welcome to the forum. :smileywink:

You can update your Nokia phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don't need any cables or computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone and an internet connection.

Software updates from Nokia are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. If your phone supports Wi-Fi, we recommend using it to avoid mobile data transmission costs.

Here's how:

Step 1. Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.

Step 2. Select “downl. phone sw”. The phone will notify you if there is an update available. If an update was found, follow the instructions shown on your phone.

Step 3. Installation of the update will take a few minutes and you will not be able to use your phone during this time. The phone will restart itself when the update is finished. 

Tip! There can be more than one consequent update available, so you may need to repeat the steps to get to the latest software version. To check your current phone software version, dial *#0000#.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
selasi

hello, pls why does my phone always go off and on itself n i have restore it more than 10 times but still is always telling me application error and even send it to the repairing office and they have update to 14.87 but still and it sometimes the me java error or java/bad format and i need ur help
Please use plain text.