Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New software update for Nokia 603, 700, 701 and 80...

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

New software update for Nokia 603, 700, 701 and 808 Pureview (Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2)

Hi all,

Today we have released some new software for Nokia 603, 700, 701 and 808 PureView owners. This update is called Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2, and the update will be available as firmware over the air update (FOTA) via your phone's Software Update app as well as through Nokia Suite on your PC (if you don't have it yet, check out our nokia.com support pages to download it).

The new software contains the below improvements:

WHAT’S NEW

• Camera improvements for easier use
  • Faster typing with the new keyboard
  • With HTML5 web apps, you can add your favourite web services directly to the start screen and apps menu. Services, such as web mail, are now available offline.
  • An enhanced music player
  • Car Mode now has a more simplified look and feel
  • Performance and usability improvements

Also, Nokia 808 gets these new imaging features:

• Gallery Grid view when you have the phone in landscape
  • Access to more functions when you open your images from the Gallery widget on your home screen - swipe through other images, zoom, share, edit, and send images faster.
  • More information about your images, such as image resolution, ISO value, white balance setting, and file size,  and the location. When you are connected online, one click will show you on Nokia Maps where the photo was taken.
  • Select and delete multiple photos in Gallery Grid
  • New reset button in Creative mode to change all the settings back to default with a single touch

AVAILABILITY

The global roll-out of the software update will start today, October 2, 2012. We will steadily continue deliveries for country and operator variants within the next few weeks. 

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Abdo2012

Re: New software update for Nokia 603, 700, 701 and 808 Pureview (Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2)

Thank You NOKIA
Please use plain text.
Advisor
n8n808pv

Re: New software update for Nokia 603, 700, 701 and 808 Pureview (Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2)

why my 808 can not instal? can not restart to start Installing ... the screen goes black only. Is that normal ?:confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

I just updated, I like the few improvements that I have seen so far but as always there is always at least one thing that frustrates. Now you have to go through the settings menu to change portrait typing settings and the left and right arrows are not always there which slows you down even further if you happen to be typing in a language that is not available on the phone.

I love the new lock screen, the ability to pause and play from the pull-down menu. I also the MP info when opening a picture. It took me a while to realise you have to touch on that to see all other info. strange but I like it more than the way it was in older versions.

Overall it's a great update. FP2 on my 808 and Belle refresh on my N8- I'm happy
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you for Nokia :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yiannadanidou

Hello, thanks for the new update. Everything is better now :smileyhappy: The only issue i have is with the new keyboard. It is really hard for me to use the qwerty keyboard and nokia was always giving us the chance to use the alpha keyboards we were used to. Do we have the same choice now, or it is all gone? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
todd7

Hi guys !

I have just tried to update my 808. It failed. I followed the instructions exactly. Now the phone wont turn on. I am now left with no phone as my spare phone wont accept the ridiculous micro sim.

I have tried taking the battery out and also a long press on the power button.

Can anybody out there help? Will I now have to take it to a shop for repair.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
todd7

The same thing has just happened to me. I have just posted my query about it. I just hope some one can help soon.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lazyfella1

I'm also facing the same problem. Phone just not turning on. Even tried hard resetting it but its not budging. **bleep**...bad :smileysad:
Nokia 701 Belle FP1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
raushankumar27

i updated my nokia 701 with fp2 in gallery i cant see any option to sent multiple files as it was in fp1 long press dont give option to send or mark
could anyone please help
Please use plain text.
Advisor
n8n808pv

remove the memory card before update.....

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

yiannadanidou wrote:

Hello, thanks for the new update. Everything is better now :smileyhappy: The only issue i have is with the new keyboard. It is really hard for me to use the qwerty keyboard and nokia was always giving us the chance to use the alpha keyboards we were used to. Do we have the same choice now, or it is all gone? 

Thanks

The keypad is still available, but the setting for it has been hidden away, which is a bit of a pain. To get to it you need to go to Settings>Phone>Language, then select Writing Language, then select the language you want to set the keypad for.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
raushankumar27

i have updated my phone with fp2 over ota i cant see image and video editor
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

just a quick heads up. We've heard about some issues after the update and now decided to take the update files off our servers until we have investigated the case.

I'll announce it here once the update is available again, but for the moment please don't worry if your phone doesn't get the update.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
DP_Ind

Thanks for the FP2 update for my 808PV. I now have the landscape gallery mode with multi select. Sadly it is only for deletion and not for copy or sending to someone over bluetooth. Looks like the Wifi connection issue is improved but is still there.

A major issue is Nokia Music Store is not working after the update. It is not launching when I tap on the icon. My 808PV is just 1 month old and do not want to miss out on the music downloads as the free download is only for one year. Can Nokia support look into this issue on priority!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Doh Yvonne !!!!

So what are the issues as I have just installed FP2? Can I return to the previous version if these issues are too severe? Things seem ok at the mo although the swap between portrait and landscape when the new keyboard is visible is a little slow. I have tried most apps and things seem to be working ok.

Cool things:

1) The new keyboard is a revelation over the previous and finally I can ditch Swype, who seem to have stopped developing their software for Symbian and as such it was getting slow and buggy,

2) The speech support in Nokia maps works brilliantly and is exactly what you need when on the move.

3) The new lock screen works well.

4) The new smaller media widget

5) Slighter lighter default theme.

Hope Nokia release a fix for whatever problem then have soon and perhaps a few other cool features rather than letting this great release be the final one.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n8n808pv

nothing new with the image edit for the theme??? n8 edit for the theme it so cool.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

the multiple marking just so you can delete was not such a clever move. I belive most people would want it more for sending than deleting. I really hope that gets sorted out
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bheemajnv

hi i updated my  808pv  with fp2 but since then my wi fi is not working properly and moreover the nokia music is also not functioning..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bheemajnv

i have 113.010.1506 version on my phone...pls tel me how to revert back to old version since it is not stable...
Please use plain text.