Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: News about Symbian Anna & Symbian

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I remember, long time ago, Nokia was talking about their new way of handeling their support for Symbian 3 devices etc. We would get new features as soon as they were developed. After the big failure with the N97's I was pretty sure that Nokia would straighten up their reputation with their new line of S^3 devices.

Well they have certainly got better compared to out of box state with previous s60 devices, but I didn't see my self waiting half a year or more for an update which only seems to bring what should have already been on board on these devices. I clearly remember Nokia delaying the release with their E7 because they weren't satisfied yet.

I won't cry anymore as no number of tears will wash away the fact that Nokia again is challenging my loyality.

So to keep it short I will just mention that I am quite disappointed.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

Fender77 wrote:
I remember, long time ago, Nokia was talking about their new way of handeling their support for Symbian 3 devices etc. We would get new features as soon as they were developed. After the big failure with the N97's I was pretty sure that Nokia would straighten up their reputation with their new line of S^3 devices.

Well they have certainly got better compared to out of box state with previous s60 devices, but I didn't see my self waiting half a year or more for an update which only seems to bring what should have already been on board on these devices. I clearly remember Nokia delaying the release with their E7 because they weren't satisfied yet.

I won't cry anymore as no number of tears will wash away the fact that Nokia again is challenging my loyality.

So to keep it short I will just mention that I am quite disappointed.

To rip the tears more: N97 and N97 mini are getting same browser as S^3 users. It even looks the same. So, this leaves us another option: S^3 is just S60 in different clothes, nothing under the hood havent changed.

"We are working 24/7 on our primary platform S^3" <- indeed. indeed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

there will be never an update for N97/mini , never ever.

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Thats not surprising at all.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

[ Edited ]

nokton12 wrote:

there will be never an update for N97/mini , never ever.

Yes it's going to get one :smileyvery-happy: :

/t5/Software-Updates/N97-Mini-Firmware-Update-t0-v2x-x-xxx/td-p/862891

Seems that there is going to be very busy summer for updates. C6-00 is getting one too, theres screen shot in page 4 of that thread, its getting same browser as S^3. Good thing afterall.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

this morning Stephen Elop gave some more news about the launch of Symbian Anna at the Nokia Convention in Singapore. My colleagues did a full blog article about this, so I just give you the key facts here - but for everybody who wants to read the full story, here's the link:

http://www.conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/21/symbian-anna-available-starting-july/

1. Nokia announced that it will start shipping Nokia N8s, E7s, C7s and C6-01s with Symbian Anna in July.

--> That means, the first deliveries of newly produced phones with Symbian Anna included will leave factories in July.

2. If you already own one of these devices, you can download the software by the end of August.

--> As you all know we promised to improve our update launch based on the feedback for N8 PR1.1 and we are therefore working on bringing as many variants to the market at the same time. This nevertheless needs some preparation (ie. we need to build and test the software for each variant) and that is the reason for why there is this time gap between factory shipments & update availability for existing devices.

3. Key Anna features: Split screen view with Portrait Qwerty, improved web browser, improved Ovi Maps, Microsoft Communicator Mobile, several security features for business users, improved social client, etc.

4.  Nokia also restated its commitment to Symbian. Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop said in his keynote that over the next 12 months the company plans to bring up to 10 new Symbian-based smartphones to market.

Br,

yvonne

Hi skyee,

Glad to hear this news --> If you already own one of these devices, you can download the software by the end of August.

Anyway, my N8 is unlocked & free sim, with Product Code : 059D1F9, country : Malaysia.

So by the end of August 2011 which I wont expect too much, let's assume it's 31 of August 2011, my N8 able to download so called Anna update? I mean FULL Anna update with the 50+ update that Nokia officially announced before.

As promised again with this --> If you already own one of these devices, you can download the software by the end of August . All the existing N8 users are expecting able to get FULL Anna update with ALL features that Nokia officiailly annouced before, by most lately on 31 of August 2011, with no more country left out. Are we getting it in time for all countries by the end of August 2011?

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Liacos

Are you kidding me ??? N95 is the best phone ever I have it for 6 years now and the battery is the only problem so dont say again something like this. N95 was and it still is THE PERFECT PHONE. It even beats Android.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

Oh ps @jerspa, the N8 has
1) HDMI output
2) 16gb internal memory (c6 has 340mb)
3) bigger screen (3.5 v 3.2 inch)
4)build quality wise...n8 is metal build
5) smaller battery in c6
6) active noise cancelling during phone calls
7) better camera(autofocu, not edof, ND filter, Carlz Zeiss optics, bigger sensor, and of course the xenon flash...that's what makes the n8 a camera-centric smartphone)

copied from another thread (author me)...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

active noise cancel. And usb on go is also there in c6-01......c6-01 has cbd amoled....n8/c7/x7/n9 have just amoled
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

was reading gsmarena on c6...didn't find anything on noise cancelling...

apologies, what i meant was that the c6 does not have the adapter for usbOTG, while the n8 comes in the box.

unfortunately, the n8 was announced before the cbd tech came out. the n9 has something similar to a cbd (or rather it is cbd, but just called a 'polarizing filter'...which is what the cbd does...so...technically the n9 does have cbd....ok that was confusing lol). butttt no n8 doesn't have it :smileysad:

then there's also the fm transmitter on the n8...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
conversation

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia,

My favorite brand in mobiles ever!!!!!

I just need to ask u that I always have a great faith in nokia. As it is the best in quality n never been complicated in use As it is simple to understand in one go.Unlike others..

Don't u care for your existing customers who have faith in u.The whole generations in family, take my example.My whole family trusted nokia since many years so do I...

Please concentrate in c7s and n8s first as it is in the price segment which now people acquires or ready to spent,but not all your high segment phones...I think u can understand.That everybody is not that eligible to buy that I high range phones.

U know what, c7s n8s are also not that cheap.Think of this first .. become master in this FIRST!!!!!!! as other companies are launching their phones in this price segment only compete for this then move further n higher..as now u r nt the masters...take it as a motivating punch on you (nokia).

Motivate the existing customers if u want them to  help u indirectly increase your sale and redevelop trust..

Launch the firmware updates as early as u can..To regain our trust n choice..

I and many are waiting for u.SO take action...... Now!!!!!!!     

IN THIS MONTH OF JULY ONLY!!!!!

REGARDS

Nokia faithful customer..

coolguy_18
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

lol even new batch of n8,c7 etc with preloaded anna havent released in time by nokia ........and you expect anna to release quickly!
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahxsisu

what nokia need right now is not a punch, but a reform, once for all, of its outdated systems, by system, i mean business systems and its ailing management.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Why do Nokia even bother starting these type of threads, knowing it will result in arguments and nasty comments from users?

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bweeber

So Anna will be another fancy-looking, but technically less that tested bit of colorful junk on a business phone.

While Anna cannot really stand for business, as I expect it to have a much worse MfE as it is currently and light years away from the usable-but-not-perfect" version on an E75.

Still there are the sync problems and the general "freeze" problem.

I am with Nokia phones since 1996 (6110) but the software **bleep** they deliver for the past 3 years is really horrible and far from buliding a reliable company image.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

bweeber wrote:

Still there are the sync problems and the general "freeze" problem.

How do you know that ? the freeze problem is hardware related

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Who would advise someone to buy nokia when we are waiting for an update 4 months and still waiting ? by the end of year the numbers will shrink even more .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I installed Asphalt 6 Adrenaline HD yesterday. Should keep me going until Anna is ready.:smileywink:

http://store.ovi.com/content/151325?clickSource=search

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

[ Edited ]

now why doesnt that surprise me?

uhm because they havent released any new phones? or would it be because of the bad support they are providing? we have heard nothing from nokia for the last few months. Its like nokia is "inactive".

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  Link provided to the post was removed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Thewonderer wrote:

nokia is "inactive".

Not inactive but its for sure semi-activated . they give all their efforts to new devices like X7 and E6 but do not support the existing ones properly

Please use plain text.