Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: News about Symbian Anna & Symbian

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

Hi guys and gals,

We do understand how you feel right now. While your feedback is welcome in the discussions board, we encourage users to voice out their concerns in a tone that is respectful to Nokia.

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about your device/your recent experience at our local Nokia Care Point, we highly recommend that you use the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website or get in touch with your local Nokia Care Line.

Thank you for understanding and we are hoping for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

coffee_jelly23

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

this morning Stephen Elop gave some more news about the launch of Symbian Anna at the Nokia Convention in Singapore. My colleagues did a full blog article about this, so I just give you the key facts here - but for everybody who wants to read the full story, here's the link:

http://www.conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/21/symbian-anna-available-starting-july/

1. Nokia announced that it will start shipping Nokia N8s, E7s, C7s and C6-01s with Symbian Anna in July.

--> That means, the first deliveries of newly produced phones with Symbian Anna included will leave factories in July.

2. If you already own one of these devices, you can download the software by the end of August.

--> As you all know we promised to improve our update launch based on the feedback for N8 PR1.1 and we are therefore working on bringing as many variants to the market at the same time. This nevertheless needs some preparation (ie. we need to build and test the software for each variant) and that is the reason for why there is this time gap between factory shipments & update availability for existing devices.

3. Key Anna features: Split screen view with Portrait Qwerty, improved web browser, improved Ovi Maps, Microsoft Communicator Mobile, several security features for business users, improved social client, etc.

4.  Nokia also restated its commitment to Symbian. Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop said in his keynote that over the next 12 months the company plans to bring up to 10 new Symbian-based smartphones to market.

Br,

yvonne

Actually I'm nomore interested on the date Anna will be released, or when or if it will come for my N8, but I'm really interested in know if Nokia will mantain fi promises or not. So today is July 22, and it's Friday. No news about the new Anna powered N8/C7/E7/C6-01... Will they come in the next 5 working days, or will this become just another non kept promise? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

Anna will be released 20.07.2011

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

BiggiN97 wrote:

Anna will be released 20.07.2011

You know it's 22-07-2011 today, yeah? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

23rd July here.. Times running out..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuel3100

flash ur phone with leaked symbian pre-anna and test it. it improves overall speed and some new features like marking . nice update but still waiting for the next big update . Symbian Belle. is older symbiam3 can get Belle?
Nokia 6120 Classic
V3.83
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuel3100

im using the pre anna leaked firmware and i customise it.. useful and nice update. v22.014
Nokia 6120 Classic
V3.83
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Same here, and the Swype Portrait Qwerty is awesome..
But the final FW would be icing on the cake..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

Sorry Dude, 27.07.2011 :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Where has this date come from?
If the official Anna hasn't been released by the end of August for existing owners I'm going to flash my C7 with a few thousand volts of electricity and bin it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

"Where has this date come from?"

From Nokia Dude.

27-30.07.2011 :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

BiggiN97 wrote:

"Where has this date come from?"

From Nokia Dude.

27-30.07.2011 :smileywink:

Have you got any source for this? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vorakeyur_1

Hi,

I am from India.

As promised new symbain Anna N8 were to be shipped in July and I have not found any new n8 coming to local stores (its about july end now), incuding nokia priority stores. So WHERE IS THE JULY SHIPMENTS??.

Also what does it mean for existing device updates??.

Reply urgently. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

[ Edited ]

Buddy Nokia will launch Anna Update & Pre installed Anna Symbian 3 Phones with a short gap.

As you know the Sales are gone down for them, They do not want to mess up again.

New handset with Anna will be relased along with software update to old handsets.

We need to see how Nokia keeps up the Promise

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

Well...they have still 3 days in order to keeps up their promise... :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

How will it be know that N8 phones are available with Anna pre-installed? Announcement on this forum?

Yes, @iluvchucks26 (Winston Smith IRL?) - one more post with no important contribution! Feel free to delete at your convenience.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

clock still ticking lets face it,it will remain ticking.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I've noticed on NF this morning it's showing a new model called a C7-00s (RM-749) - anyone know what this is?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

bumblebirra, C7 Service manual :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

oh duh lol
Please use plain text.