Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Next Firmware Update For Nokia 6303 classic Featur...

Registered Member

Next Firmware Update For Nokia 6303 classic Feature Request

A. Software features should be Hardware based not to Nokia Legacy as if 3.2 Megapixels Camera works like 6233's 2 Megapixels camera. In Nokia 5800 camera is just 3.2 Megapixels but the capabilities are fine, if Nokia has no logic to upgrade the Software for its legacy then why do Nokia has to upgrade the Hardware in Legacy Nokia Operating System? Like in case of 6303.

B. Video Editor should be there in new update. A nice feature for creativity.

C. .mp4 should be supported by the Recording Video Option and should be 640x480 @30fps. Why not if 6303 can play .mp4 but would not record, is there any logic even the Camera CMOS is 3.2 Megapixels?

D. Lights Effect is a very good feature of 6303 and in my opinion it would be updated as another possibility to select it as Breather Light Effect such as Nokia 5800 XM, due to Silent Profile activated Handset Location assistance facility. User can find the set easily rather making a miss call to find out where the set is?

E. 15 fps is not sufficient to play smoothly in PC or convert the Movie in any Application to play it in SETTOP Box or General DVD Players. it should be @30 fps to play in PC or after convertion in DVD player.

F. Photo Editor should be included in Next Update as its not a justification to the Hardware rendered Engine limited by Firmware to edit the Photo and you get the jeggy .png. is not a joke performed in 6303?

G. SMS writing Window space should be enhanced to accomodate the full Text Window so that a user can review easily in one Window operation not by scrolling again and again as now available in 6303.

H. Display Brightness feature should be added to facilitate the user choice as the Hardware is supported in 6303's 16.7 M color LCD.

I. 3D Ringing tone effects should be added and the Volume of Startup Tone should be increased to its optimal, in recent Firmware it is very low.

J. SMS alert tone selection plays the tone in Level one Sound volume though the selected level is Five bar. it should be corrected in Future update.

K. Smart selection of To (address field) in Messaging by converting the Input as Numeric for Text Message and Alphanumeric for MMS. In recent Firmware it is Alphanumeric by default for SMS as well as MMS, which is annoying for SMS Sending.

L. Messages save in Memory Card or Phone Memory, option should be added.

M. It would be a bonus if .wmv .dvx .mov video formats are supported by next firmware in both situations like Recording option and Playing formats support.

Kindly notice NOKIA:
that by performing all above mentioned enhancements for 6303 classic, The 6303 classic would not become an N series or Touch considered Handset but it would justify its Hardware Capabilities selected by its manufacturer.
Its better to be legacy oriented NOKIA but the NOKIA OS legacy should be parallel with latest trends and Hardware based.

Its a good time to make better decisions towards connecting people with Modern Communications.

With all the due regards!

NOKIA's Loyal User. 6303 classic V6.40

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Next Firmware Update For Nokia 6303 classic Feature Request

Hi, 

You said:

"D. Lights Effect is a very good feature of 6303 and in my opinion it would be updated as another possibility to select it as Breather Light Effect such as Nokia 5800 XM, due to Silent Profile activated Handset Location assistance facility. User can find the set easily rather making a miss call to find out where the set is?"

Isn't this the same as setting "light Effects=On" in the settings? Mine "breathes" away happily after a missed call.

You said

"J. SMS alert tone selection plays the tone in Level one Sound volume though the selected level is Five bar. it should be corrected in Future update."

Where are you adjusting this? I can only adjust ringtone volume not SMS alert tones....

Cheers

------ N78 -------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

D. its after unread SMS or Missed call but it would have like 5800XM, which is without any unread SMS or missed call. in a certain moments it glows and fades smoothly as if it were alive not off but locked.

J. Some times SMS alert tone alerts as if it were the Volume level 1 selected in Ringing Volume. actually it was

maximum volume.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

One of the features that are really missing is being able to use the camera flash as a light, many new phones have a designated button to start just the camera flash to help you find that coin you dropped under the bar..

The button that increases the volume is not used in standby so how about using it for this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

AGREED!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have some proposals, too:

- the control of the luminosity, a kind of exposure compensation (I believe) now present in the Camera>Options menu, should be removed from there and assigned to 2 keys (maybe the volume control) to be faster accesed, during photographing process,

- should be present an ISO control, because sometimes the photos are (much) too noisy,

-  it is absolutely necessary to be done something with the volume of the loudspeaker in the first 2-3 seconds when the ringtones are heard too weak, even on Normal setting.

I wonder if someone from Nokia really reads these proposals...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

v. 9.10 firmware is available. Go and install it! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, the new release isn't available for all 6303 codes. For example, my code is not in the list of supported series, but I found a valid code from the 6303 of a romanian friend. How it is possible? NOKIA didn't make the update possible for all 6303 series?

Message Edited by michaels on 09-Oct-2009 02:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

can u please tell me where did u get the 9.1 firmware update from?please reply please please.......
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

what benefit is there in upgrading the firmware to 9.1

is there a change list somewhere?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ring volume is too low, even on max setting. Sometimes I missed a lot of contacts in a noisy places and I dont know what to do with this problem :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

come on nokia! 

where is the TORCH function? at least let us use the led light turned on in video mode!!!!!

i bought two 6303 thinking that will have the torch function. i need a phone with that function. i won`t buy an expensive model (or an entry level one) just for that. in fact, i won`t buy nokia if you keep cutting basic functions in phones :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

why does nokia just become greedy to give a mobile with less bugs and basic functions
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

nokia 6303 classic will be a great flop unless nokia properly builds software update for it.it has lots of bugs man

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

software mac!

I guess update of software is not a priority for Nokia, maybe 6303 is not fancy enough?

where is the software for mac, don´t forget mac users Nokia!!!!!!!

I bought this phone not only for regular calling.

Update please, I wanna use my phone with my mac

Please use plain text.

Hi everyone

Just bought my 6303 for a week now. Mine is v9.10.

Yes Nokia, please fix the following problem:

1. The incoming ringing volume is very low although the ringing volume at setting menu already set to maks. In noisy place, I can't hear the ringing sound

2. Please add TORCH function.

3. Please add Display Brightness control and set the Display Brightness fix according to Display Brightness control. Now in the middle of writing SMS, the display sometimes became dim itself.

Hope Nokia read this post

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I cant update to 9.10 so it's irrelevant for me, OVI just doesn't seem to want to try as I might.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
There is new 10.10 firmware, but in my Product Code is still 9.10 So anyone upgraded to new fw? Does Nokia has improved the volume?? Because I am becoming more frustrated and thought about changing this phone:smileymad: I really dont understand why Nokia released so quiet handset. Ringing is the main function of the all phones!!!
Message Edited by northwood on 17-Dec-2009 10:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yesterday 'My Nokia' sent one of my friend 2 SMS messages saying that a software update with 'new features' is available for the 6303 Classic.

The download source is listed as

nokia.co.uk/softwareupdate

1 But when the download page is opened, there is NO LISTING for a 6303 Classic!

2 As an AppleMac user it seems that any update may be difficult to install: all the listed downloads are solely for PC users.

So much for Nokia looking after the millions of Mac customers ........ wazzzup?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

And they wonder why they’re losing markets share and losing money…
Please use plain text.