software version : 013.016
model :nokia C7
operator: dialog gsm Sri Lanka
when will be symbian anna available in Sri Lanka
2011-09-06 21:22 - edited 2011-09-06 21:24
@amin848 you mean you called Nokia care or you sent it in?
Product code: 059G8H1_MTN ZA_Dark Grey
South Africa (There is NO operator content on my phone, is it branded? ie it may take even longer to acquire the update even after released in South Africa)
Thank you for this thread. Boy was i glad to find this!!
arite ppl....for all those who are having SWAP phones.....i have a 059B899 Pakistan Charcoal Black phone...its a SWAP device....skyeee said i'll get the update from nokia care center....but sorry ...there is no such thing like that...infact they took my phone and i waited 1 hour....and just after that they realized that no update is here for my phone....its a bad thing from nokia to its customers.....wasted my time for nothing...so skyee u better give us correct information or just say it that its not there....or won't come ever...i'm a loyal nokia user....but these lazy acts from nokia are making me think abt andriod or IOS...kindly this time around let us know some thing near to exact...and try to improve communication within nokia.
Any info for product code 059D597 yet? I'm Australia, on Virgin Mobile. Phone was supplied unlocked and has no branding.
Dear Mr. Skyee ,
My N8 has broduct code 059F441, Serbia, Balkans, sim free. When will Anna update come to our neighbourhood ? Thnx 4 answer, no matter what it is .
I can't give any timelines as I'm not the one doing the testing & approvals. So, all I can tell you is "can you update? yes/no".
And please have a look through my previous answers as we had lots of people asking for the same productcodes/countries & there's a good chance that I might have listed an answer for your code/country already.
- 059G136 UAE: as stated, the local team is working on it
- 059D607 Italy: Symbian Anna is not released yet in Italy.
- 059B6D7 / 059F053 / 059F047 Greece: Anna is not released yet in Greece - please watch out for announcements
- 059D958 Vodafone Australia / 059D597 Virgin Australia: Anna is not released yet in Australia
- 059D0V2/059C8T6 USA: Anna is not released yet in the US
- 059C6P9 Starhub Singapore / 059D752 SG: Anna is not released yet in SG
- 059C2K8 Vodafone Spain: We're still waiting for Vodafone's approval
- 059F1C6 Vodacom Southafrica / 059G8H1 MTN: Symbian Anna not released yet in SA - please watch out for announcements
- 059D407 3 AT: We're still waiting for approval from 3
- 059D0R0 balkans / 059F441 serbia: Anna not released yet - please watch out for announcements
- 059D8F1 T-mobile UK: We got approval now. Please try to update end of this week.
- 059D6T2 Taiwan: Symbian Anna not released in TW yet
- 059C426 Telcel Mexico: Approval given by Telcel - watch out for announcements please
- 059D954 Turkey: Symbian Anna not released in Turkey yet
- 059B9Q4 TIM Brazil: Symbian Anna not released for operator variants in Brazil yet
- 059F2F2 Switzerland: Anna is not released yet in Switzerland.
As for the "Can I go to a Nokia Care point to flash my phone instead?": There are country specific rules in place, meaning, some Carepoints will flash you Symbian Anna for another product code on your phone (that is already availabe) - and some won't. Depending on what country you are living in, and the corresponding local policy. I don't have an overview about each & every country - so please just go there and talk to the people.
As for the swap phones: The Nokia guidelines to handle these cases (ie. if you have a so called swap transceiver) are to go to a Carepoint. If you have problems and they refuse to do an update, please give me a shout with details where you've been & when - and I will escalate this to the local teams.
As for the "Why is Symbian Anna not available for my country yet"? The reasons in general are:
- The specific Anna version is not ready for a country yet (meaning, we still have some countryspecific fixes to do before we can release it for testing/approval with the country or operators)
- The local teams are still testing the software and we can therefore not publish any updates yet
- The operators are still tsting the software and we can therefore not publish any updates before they've given us their approvals
I have a C7 with product code 059F320 and I understand Anna is not yet available in Bulgaria, but it's coming soon. However, a friend of mine with product code 059F850 was able to update OTA on Aug.20-21 with the first batch. His phone is also Bulgarian, bought from the same operator. What's the deal with this?