Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode &...

Counsellor

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode & I'll check.

hello Skyee
Any news on vodafone Spain
product code 059C2K8
thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rdaro64

Re: No update available? - Post your produced & I'll check.

Today I´ve got my update Anna, I update now, thank very much.

Now waiting for Belle of course!!!

rdaro64
Please use plain text.
Advisor
paiktaras

skyee wrote:

I guess you've seen my latest announcement of the countries we've just published. So, if you are in Italy, Taiwan or Turkey, you can have a look for your updates. :smileyhappy:

- 059D8G5 N8 Hungary: The update is already available - please check in OviSuite or via the software update client in your phone.

Skyee Hi, thanks for your answer but my phone is password Hungary but bought in Greece, if we pass to Anna through the ovi suites will miss the Greek language, so I'm asking if you know when it will come through or if local OTA Why is the only way of installation without loss of the Greek language.
Thanks and waiting your reply soon

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davepalm

thecsb wrote:

More or less I answered your questions. Do I know the specifics of the regulations that ATT/TMobile and etc put on the phones using their network? No I do not. If I did, I'd probably get sued to death for telling you. Why? Because every tech company has NDA agreements up creek.

What did I not answer, of which is reasonable?

The questions that I still have, and I'll limit it to the top 2.

How can the firmware or operating system in my phone affect the carrier's network?

How do you explain countries where you can purchase a new nokia phone with the ANNA operating system but existing owners can't get the upgrade to the same operating system?

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I've been watching this thread with a slight skeptism about the whole debate which seems to get further and further away from the original thread title.

But I was wondering.

I have a UK bought Tesco handset, Unlocked with P. Code 059C951.

Anna is not yet released to my PC yet, so I took it to a NCC and had it flashed to generic Anna firmware and I currently use it with a UK T-mobile SIM with no problems.

If I were to take my phone to the US and use a US operators SIM, would my phone work or not?

Likely it would, so why could not a generic version of Anna be made available in the US, especially since the phones are mostly Non carrier/network SIM free sets?

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

Hi skyee... What about pcode 059L0P4 ? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simo50

ok

Thank you...well iam waiting for  good news very soon

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
martin82

Re: ok

Hi,  no possibility to reinstall the firmware via Ovi Suite for product code 059B4Z3

Please use plain text.
Advisor
skos

Hi,

product code 059F519 for C7--00 and will be released the second part of anna update in SLOVENIA and when?

Thnx a lot
Please use plain text.
Contributor
REDUMD

Finally my N8 have been updated !!

N8 Italy 095D607 :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue::smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arqmarcel

[ Edited ]

059C0G7, N8 from Brazil - Vivo branded

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jcsm

Hi skyee, anna for N8 059F0R6 Movistar Venezuela VE Dark Gray actual firmware is 13.16!

Operator never approve update 14.2, On really no update for any Nokia! (n95, n97, n81... etc)

Nokia has sent the update files Anna for Nokia N8 ?

Thanks,

Waiting Anna for mi two N8 059F0R6 and 059C8T6!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thepistol

Well, while waiting for the great s3 updates my phone has gone out of warranty.
It's been a blessing in disguise though, as I was about 1 reset away from dumping the Nokia brand.
So with nothing to lose 1 month ago, to save this incredible hardware from a public torching I flashed to the leaked belle by following the YouTube video, which was surprisingly easy for a computer novice like me. Then last week again for the new animations.
To all the expectant Anna users belle is no update, it's a whole upgrade that works seamlessly and intuitively equaling any ui, with the added advantage that it still holds the Nokia feel yet a mixture of the rest. Something like a "7ymbian of appledriod"
I can happily still call myself Nokia fanboy and now I'm happy waiting to get the next N8 hardware unless that N9 crosses my path.
So I,m trying to say there's light at the end of tunnel.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
leobg

[ Edited ]

thepistol wrote:
So I,m trying to say there's light at the end of tunnel.

Hope its not the freight train...

Joking aside, any news for 059F6L7?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
styliee

Any update on Meteor 059D7X4?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Techn0

059f027 croatia any news?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ryandd

still no anna update for product code 059c951 nokia n8 tesco mobile uk when will it be released ?

Please use plain text.
faraz_ahmed1

Kindly check my product code also when Symbian Anna Frimware will be available.

Product Code :059D0V2/Black

Please use plain text.
Contributor
intelduo

[ Edited ]

Skyee, Nokia Croatia released Anna only for C7-00 Frosty Metal but not for C7-00 Charcoal Black. This is completely illogical move because devices are different only in colour. Do you have info when will Anna for black C7 be released? Thank you for answering!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

greycounciller wrote:

I've been watching this thread with a slight skeptism about the whole debate which seems to get further and further away from the original thread title.

But I was wondering.

I have a UK bought Tesco handset, Unlocked with P. Code 059C951.

Anna is not yet released to my PC yet, so I took it to a NCC and had it flashed to generic Anna firmware and I currently use it with a UK T-mobile SIM with no problems.

If I were to take my phone to the US and use a US operators SIM, would my phone work or not?

Likely it would, so why could not a generic version of Anna be made available in the US, especially since the phones are mostly Non carrier/network SIM free sets?

If you took your phone from the UK to the USA for instance, then most things would possible work.

There is a possibility that some things would not, these could be just small little issue or could be quite a large issue.

As i mentoned in posts before, when some USA phone were brought into australia, without getting the local version of the firmware, they were able to receive computer generated sms, but could receive mobile sent sms's. Its all dependant on how differnt the network requirements are.

Whilst the hardware is the same, its the frmware that controls how certain functions work and whether or not those functins work at all. More than likely the basic things would work without a hitch, like making a phone call, but there could be many other things that could cause serious issues.

Issue like causing that network cell to lock up or even the phone may lock up, or it could just do nothing. . 

Please use plain text.