Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode &...

Advisor
jcsm

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode & I'll check.

JRADUGA said; its totally irrelevant, It honestly makes no difference to when you get the update. Thats it when nokia USA finish adjusting it to suit your country and when its been tested and approved by your carriers! The Phone working. Anna is necessary. Wait the update release in the time. Tomorrow, next month or next year! You are no client, not complain. The Phone working. Do not come now to defend nokia customers. The truth is that it has been 2 months and has not yet anna USA. They always say 2 weeks! But eternal? and Said: Nokia Auston release work with Anna in USA front t-moile
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
snipe122

Hi,

can you please check why I cannot get the v41 update?

059B817: C6-00 RM-612 Country Variant Sweden SE Black - MR

Or when it is available? Any improvement for this phone would be good.

It is an unbranded phone, not locked. I bought it at NOKIAs shop. I was thinking those devices should get updates first - it seems that I was wrong...!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

BenAnd wrote:

Actually, I bought my N8 (059C8T6) right when it was released knowing it had lousy firmware, but with the firm promise from Nokia that this would be upgraded. A cell phone has a life cycle of two years, and mine is one year old and I am still waiting for a decent browser, qwerty portrait keyboard, smooth UI, autofocus video, etc. If I had thought Nokia would not fix these, then there is no way I would have purchased an N8.

Nokia promised a rollout of Anna in 3 weeks. Why are you talking about "complaining?" They made the promise. We are holding them to that promise. On Monday it will be two months. What happened?

No one makes better hardware than Nokia. But the truth is that there are big problems in Nokia's software department. They make promises and then ignore them. You can make excuses for them all you want, but the numbers speak for themselves. Smart phones need excellent software, and Nokia is losing the battle for new smartphone purchases worldwide. As a 13-year exclusively Nokia user, I absolutely want Nokia to succeed. But hardware alone is inadequate when most people change smart phones after 1.5 years or so. People want a superb UI now! And it is obvious from the sales figures that Andriod and iOS are much closer to what people are looking for than PR1.2 and Anna.

The N8 should have been released with PR1.2 and then Anna should have followed within three months. That is not complaining, that is a past lesson to Nokia if they ever want to be at the top of the smartphone world again.

Ben

Actually Ben, they said "Other countries are mostly confirmed for the next three weeks" which is correct most other countries were done in those first 3 weeks. your country just wasnt one of them and neither was mine.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jcsm wrote:
JRADUGA said; its totally irrelevant, It honestly makes no difference to when you get the update. Thats it when nokia USA finish adjusting it to suit your country and when its been tested and approved by your carriers! The Phone working. Anna is necessary. Wait the update release in the time. Tomorrow, next month or next year! You are no client, not complain. The Phone working. Do not come now to defend nokia customers. The truth is that it has been 2 months and has not yet anna USA. They always say 2 weeks! But eternal? and Said: Nokia Auston release work with Anna in USA front t-moile

@jcsm. Anna is not necessary. The update will be released in time, and by that means some time in the future it will be released.

Mostly you comments dont make sense, I'm guessing that english is not your first language, so i will work with what i can. So please forgive me if I misunderstand soemthing your have said.

Yes it has been 2 months. When belle is released it wont make any difference to whether or not you have installed anna or not. This has been confirmed by Skyee 

I am a customer just like you. I also do not have anna, and I do not work for Nokia. You, as I, will have to wait for it to be released, patiently and politely.

If your phone is not working then take it to nokia care, and get them to fix it. if it is working then whether or not you update to anna went it is released is up to you. Assuming your phone is working then none of your function have changed, you can still use the phone for the features and benefits that you originally bought the phone for.

I'm sorry but i dont understand your comment in regards to Nokia Auston.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

OK, so for those of us still waiting for Symbian Anna in the USA (or Canada or Australia), I have some information that will not tell you when it is coming, nor what the weather will be like the day it comes, nor if Skyee will post an 'Anna in the USA' song on YouTube. (Although that would be awesome). But what I can tell you, is that I've been reading some CRAZY posts from people around the world who already have Anna, and the list of problems they have is enormous. Now, let's be clear, mobile phone problems can be caused by all sorts of things, mainly the one that I point to first are those 3rd-party ad-filled games you can download written by an 8-year old but somehow found their way to the Ovi store. But Anna-ized phones seem to have battery problems, memory problems, Store problems, general bugs and the list is long. Even just reading a bunch of posts in this very forum will make you want to steer clear of Anna!

So, let's think sensibly about this. If Skyee et al can identify that, under a certain product code/country variant, if Anna was just thrown out there it would lead to thousands and thousands of problems, doesn't it make sense to ensure it will work once it's released, even if this means a bit more of a wait?

Again, and jraduga has pointed this out too, losing your hair and/or wetting your pants over an update is daft. Worse, being downright rude to people on this forum is wrong. Anna doesn't "fix" much, but aesthetically improves things. Belle is where it's at, and that baby is worth looking forward to. But if you YouTube some Anna videos.....I mean, really? It's like a lick of paint whereas Belle is a $25,000 new kitchen and bathroom.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: patience people. And thank you Skyee for the info.  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jcsm

Auston Nokia sold in the U.S. and already well Anna!
About I respect: My respect for you (Yvonne / Skye). But team is doing very upgrade badly!.

Understand. The trouble is that as a user, you have the benefit of the upgrade, and already after a reasonable time. From the beginning, say,

29-Aug-201 105: 53 PM (/ Skye).
- 059C8T6 NorthAmerica: Symbian not released yet in the U.S. - and yes, we are working on the software, so it Will be coming.
15-Sep-201110: 5:00 a.m.
- Australia, U.S. & Canada are still open - we're working on the software & I'll inform you once Symbian Anna We have published (this accounts for everybody Who Also Bought His phone in One of Those Countries But now lives somewhere else)
19-Sep-201112: 52 PM
Latest info ...
- Australia, Canada & U.S. still under work
23-Sep-201110: 56 AM
And as Stated Already In Some posts: Symbian Anna is not available for Australia Unfortunately, U.S. & Canada yet - But we're working on it.
09-Oct-201110: 13 AM
Latest Status: U.S., Canada & Australia still under work.

In some post I read that Skye said: In two weeks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
testing12321

Any chance of an ETA for 059D402?

I know Australia has been waiting (somewhat impatiently bu what I've read too) for a while now, but it'd be nice to know.

Looking forward to the update.

I wonder who coined the phrase "coined the phrase"?
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

testing12321 wrote:

Any chance of an ETA for 059D402?

I know Australia has been waiting (somewhat impatiently by what I've read too) for a while now, but it'd be nice to know.

Looking forward to the update.

The last thing that we heard in Australia is that they are hoping to have it release by end on October. But obviously no guarantees. There are a couple of Australian threads here that one of the local Nokia customer care staff members has left some comments on, myabe keep an eye on those. also try to keep an eye on http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/nokia-symbian-anna-software-update/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rollindice

Product Code 059D0V2 NAM

Nothing is as it seems

If I've helped , click the Star under my name

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BenAnd

So this statement about "three weeks" is meaningless to any specific country, because Nokia can just say, "Oh, your country isn't on the list." Any average person reading that statement would assume that even if they weren't on the list, the update would come in another week or two. We are now at two months and counting. And more and more software at the Ovi Store assumes that the user has Anna, causing some strange graphics on PR1.2. Anna was announced in April, and they already had an alpha version. It is now mid-October...

I did a Google search for "nokia n8 anna update." The top result was an article on gsmarena posted August 17 in which they stated, "Nokia has started uploading the Anna firmware updates on its servers for all country, carrier and color-dependent N8 and E7 phones. Whatever version of N8 or E7 you own, we guess it's a matter of hours (or days in the worst case scenario) before you get your hands on the official Symbian Anna firmware." If "days" was the "worst case scenario," I wonder what two months is?

Yesterday a relative was showing me his iPhone with IOS 5 and all the new features. The most obvious is the fully integrated UI and how smooth everything works. I didn't bother to take my N8 with PR1.2 out of my pocket. My N8 hardware runs circles around his iPhone. But what good is that if the average user gets frustrated by the weak UI? In one year, Nokia has managed to go from 38% of smartphone sales to 15%. Nokia is now #3 after Apple and Samsung. Nokia continues to make technologically superior phones. But they are being destroyed in the software battle. And this rollout of Anna, which everyone says is a minor release, is an example of this software weakness.

So we keep waiting...patiently, of course. And hoping the Belle rollout will be an enjoyable experience. I hear Belle is the major release we've been waiting for since purchasing our N8s. Meanwhile my wife says she wants an iPhone...

Ben.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

BenAnd wrote:

So this statement about "three weeks" is meaningless to any specific country, because Nokia can just say, "Oh, your country isn't on the list." Any average person reading that statement would assume that even if they weren't on the list, the update would come in another week or two. We are now at two months and counting. And more and more software at the Ovi Store assumes that the user has Anna, causing some strange graphics on PR1.2. Anna was announced in April, and they already had an alpha version. It is now mid-October...

I did a Google search for "nokia n8 anna update." The top result was an article on gsmarena posted August 17 in which they stated, "Nokia has started uploading the Anna firmware updates on its servers for all country, carrier and color-dependent N8 and E7 phones. Whatever version of N8 or E7 you own, we guess it's a matter of hours (or days in the worst case scenario) before you get your hands on the official Symbian Anna firmware." If "days" was the "worst case scenario," I wonder what two months is?

Yesterday a relative was showing me his iPhone with IOS 5 and all the new features. The most obvious is the fully integrated UI and how smooth everything works. I didn't bother to take my N8 with PR1.2 out of my pocket. My N8 hardware runs circles around his iPhone. But what good is that if the average user gets frustrated by the weak UI? In one year, Nokia has managed to go from 38% of smartphone sales to 15%. Nokia is now #3 after Apple and Samsung. Nokia continues to make technologically superior phones. But they are being destroyed in the software battle. And this rollout of Anna, which everyone says is a minor release, is an example of this software weakness.

So we keep waiting...patiently, of course. And hoping the Belle rollout will be an enjoyable experience. I hear Belle is the major release we've been waiting for since purchasing our N8s. Meanwhile my wife says she wants an iPhone...

Ben.

Hi Ben,

Personally I wouldnt believe to much to what you read on things like gsmarena and others. Many of these forecasted  Belle to released by 26th of october. Skyee has said that this was just a rumour. many of these sources take what I call "best guesses" in the hope to get some sort of response.

Like apple for instance rumours were running around everywhere that Iphone 5 was coming out, but its nowhere to be seen. Whilst some places did receive anna in August many other places it had to be changed to suit other conditions locally creating a delay, longer for some than others.

We are all better off just checking on here for the real information as to what is going on, in my opinion only. I own an iphone as well as an E7, there are plus's and minus's for both phones. All I can suggest is buy a phone for your wife that she can use easily. Its my opinion that you should never buy a phone based on when an update is due or what is in an update.  Buy it for what it does. Updates should be considered bonuses. No matter what phone you buy, chances are there will be an update at some stage but not forever, they all stop at some time, and they all come at different time for all of the manufacturers.

Previously many thought Anna was a major upgrade, now some dont think so, many of those now think Belle is the major upgrade. to me they are all just upgrades, they all change things.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
w_neto

[ Edited ]

still waiting

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

w_neto wrote:

still waiting

Thank you for being patient

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davepalm

jraduga wrote:

BenAnd wrote:

Ben.

Hi Ben,

Personally I wouldnt believe to much to what you read on things like gsmarena and others. Many of these forecasted  Belle to released by 26th of october. Skyee has said that this was just a rumour. many of these sources take what I call "best guesses" in the hope to get some sort of response.

Like apple for instance rumours were running around everywhere that Iphone 5 was coming out, but its nowhere to be seen. Whilst some places did receive anna in August many other places it had to be changed to suit other conditions locally creating a delay, longer for some than others.

We are all better off just checking on here for the real information as to what is going on, in my opinion only. I own an iphone as well as an E7, there are plus's and minus's for both phones. All I can suggest is buy a phone for your wife that she can use easily. Its my opinion that you should never buy a phone based on when an update is due or what is in an update.  Buy it for what it does. Updates should be considered bonuses. No matter what phone you buy, chances are there will be an update at some stage but not forever, they all stop at some time, and they all come at different time for all of the manufacturers.

Previously many thought Anna was a major upgrade, now some dont think so, many of those now think Belle is the major upgrade. to me they are all just upgrades, they all change things.

I'm not sure who jraduga is, he must have tons of NOKIA stock or is drinking his own bathwater but the information in his posts certainly is contradictory. On one hand he says the U.S. anna release is delayed due to waiting for carrier approval and in another post he says it's because anna is full of bugs and we wouldn't want it the way it is anyway. When apple doesn't release an iphone5 or ios5 doesn't have some features it was supposed to have they are being dishonest but when nokia doesn't follow through on their product announcements he claims they were just rumors. I don't believe much of what I read online but I don't think gsmarena is any less reliable than jraduga. What's missing here are the facts directly from NOKIA, an explanation of what the delay is and what they are doing about it (not just telling us they are "working on it").

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

davepalm wrote:

jraduga wrote:

BenAnd wrote:

I'm not sure who jraduga is, he must have tons of NOKIA stock or is drinking his own bathwater but the information in his posts certainly is contradictory. On one hand he says the U.S. anna release is delayed due to waiting for carrier approval and in another post he says it's because anna is full of bugs and we wouldn't want it the way it is anyway. When apple doesn't release an iphone5 or ios5 doesn't have some features it was supposed to have they are being dishonest but when nokia doesn't follow through on their product announcements he claims they were just rumors. I don't believe much of what I read online but I don't think gsmarena is any less reliable than jraduga. What's missing here are the facts directly from NOKIA, an explanation of what the delay is and what they are doing about it (not just telling us they are "working on it").

Well Dave, at least i can back up what i say

HAHA, no I have no Nokia stock and second lt I have showers, not baths, so no drinking here.

Lets clarify a few things, yes in the beginning the case was that that apporoval has to be sort from the carriers, and still does. However since the initial roll out started there has been many issues popping up, so instead of releasing more firmwares for carrier to check, they then chose to hold off, till the bugs were fixed.

This can all be seen in the posts that were made under the australian threads, where the firmware had been sent to carriers, including telstra (our major carrier in Australia) who then rejected the firmware due to issue like the emergency calling functions being unreliable. (thats their words not mine). it was then sent back to nokia to fix, by this stage many other issues had began to pop up. Such as battery related issue, social app issues etc. It was this point that things changed, instead of then sending Anna back, Nokia then decided to fix the issues before sending back to telstra. Telstra now advise that they expect to receive Anna for testing by the end of october, early november and should have it released sometime in november.

As far as rumours goes, that was Skyee words not mine (from the thread in relation to belle being released on 10/26) and that was in relation to the release of Belle. Perhaps before you post comments in relation to me, you firstly check the dates of my posts, check the australian threads and check the comments that Skyee has made. In all of these places you will see posts from others as well as mine, all saying the same time. Try looking around and you will soon see that everything i have said over the last 2 and half or so months is correct.

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/nokia-symbian-anna-software-update/

Have a look at that website, its from one of other carriers Vodaphone

and then this site

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/phones/smartphones.html

Click on the software update tab. You will see a whole host of various platforms that you will see are all being tested or have been tested or are about to be tested

Then check out some of the australian threads as proof of previous comments from telstra and also one of our local Nokia care staff members that donates his time to give us updates.

BTW I have worked for carriers before (Telstra) and also been involved with the media before (In fact I managed a radio station for 15 years), So i have a good understanding of how both work, including things like throwing a rumour out in the public, to try to get a response from organisations.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

@davepalm

Actually come to think about it you sound more like you are from one of those rumour mills that throws around half truths and mistruths. At least i can back everything i have said up

Please use plain text.
kencrc1987

Hello...

Any idea when Anna is going to be released for USA devices?

I live in Costa Rica and the update is available in here but my phone was imported from the states.

my product code is # 059C8T6

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

there are some that have started to roll out, but unfortunately yours is not one of them as yet. This also goes for some in Australia. At this stage we don't know if they are just testing a few product codes to see if there are any issues being reported or if they might even be for the phones that are currently being sold with Anna on them. I guess we will see soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davepalm

jraduga wrote:

davepalm wrote:

jraduga wrote:

BenAnd wrote:

Well Dave, at least i can back up what i say

HAHA, no I have no Nokia stock and second lt I have showers, not baths, so no drinking here.

Lets clarify a few things, yes in the beginning the case was that that apporoval has to be sort from the carriers, and still does. However since the initial roll out started there has been many issues popping up, so instead of releasing more firmwares for carrier to check, they then chose to hold off, till the bugs were fixed.

This can all be seen in the posts that were made under the australian threads, where the firmware had been sent to carriers, including telstra (our major carrier in Australia) who then rejected the firmware due to issue like the emergency calling functions being unreliable. (thats their words not mine). it was then sent back to nokia to fix, by this stage many other issues had began to pop up. Such as battery related issue, social app issues etc. It was this point that things changed, instead of then sending Anna back, Nokia then decided to fix the issues before sending back to telstra. Telstra now advise that they expect to receive Anna for testing by the end of october, early november and should have it released sometime in november.

As far as rumours goes, that was Skyee words not mine (from the thread in relation to belle being released on 10/26) and that was in relation to the release of Belle. Perhaps before you post comments in relation to me, you firstly check the dates of my posts, check the australian threads and check the comments that Skyee has made. In all of these places you will see posts from others as well as mine, all saying the same time. Try looking around and you will soon see that everything i have said over the last 2 and half or so months is correct.

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/nokia-symbian-anna-software-update/

Have a look at that website, its from one of other carriers Vodaphone

and then this site

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/phones/smartphones.html

Click on the software update tab. You will see a whole host of various platforms that you will see are all being tested or have been tested or are about to be tested

Then check out some of the australian threads as proof of previous comments from telstra and also one of our local Nokia care staff members that donates his time to give us updates.

BTW I have worked for carriers before (Telstra) and also been involved with the media before (In fact I managed a radio station for 15 years), So i have a good understanding of how both work, including things like throwing a rumour out in the public, to try to get a response from organisations.

Please read again what I said... I said you were claiming USA anna was being held back because of operator approval. And you said USA anna was not available because of the bugs in it.  I could not care less about the problems in Australia. The product codes for USA variants are not the same. Since everything is dependant on the product code, Nokia can release the update to USA variants without Australia being involved. Again I will make the point, No USA carrier ever offered/subsidized the N8 and Nokia never offered an AT&T branded N8. There are only 2 GSM carriers in the USA, which ones are we waiting for their approval???

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wickedrandom

so long and still nokia leaves us dwelling in the dark...

this is realy pathetic.

i read that an update for symbian anna might to be issued soon. and what do the US, Canada and Australia get? nothing. 

i've been waiting on this update for i get a data plan and not have to worry about the OS crashing everytime i do something. also i'm hoping it would fix my GPS so i can download maps. plus i'm hoping it would resolve the slow , sometimes unresponsiveness of the mouse pointer. the N8 disconnects my mouse after a few mins of being connected. this is really frustrating. 

Please use plain text.