Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode &...

Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode & I'll check.

[ Edited ]

Is Australia E7 code 059G8X1 (unbranded) Anna available yet? 

Nothing on Server List or Nokia Suite..

Please use plain text.
Employee
auslander

Hi Paul_Grenfell
This has already been flagged as missing from the server and we are working to get it up as soon as possible, please be patient.
All opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily represent the official view of Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
student_712

any whereabouts for 059D391 will help.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Ah, thank you Auslander.. Was wondering what was going on..
Please use plain text.
cristalleeee

I've NEVER updated my phone software versions since buying my phone back in 2009... so it's super old.

My code is 0564753080812S1G

Model n95-4

I'm also having a lot of problems trying to download a new version of nokia pc suite, and updating the phone system. Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

Hi Yvonne :smileyhappy:

Any news since times ago for Wind Italy product codes and country variant 059L0P4?

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

No news for Wind unfortunately. I'm regularly chasing the local team...

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

[ Edited ]

skyee wrote:

Hi!

No news for Wind unfortunately. I'm regularly chasing the local team...

BR,

yvonne

Thanks for the answer! :smileyhappy: While I understand that as fa as wind is concerned, the problem is the operator itself, imaging it has still not finished tests, i do not understand why product code 059L0P4 is still with no update. It is a country varian version, so no specific brand approval needed, and it should be updated as all the others cv that received the update a months ago... :smileysad: I think the italian team really need an alarm in their office.....

By the way, thanks for information :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
sunnybear

E6-00 059F1G5

no 25.1 version can be found

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eysson

nokia x6 8gb pc 059C2Q6 in south africa still has v31
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Eysson wrote:
nokia x6 8gb pc 059C2Q6 in south africa still has v31

This thread is only for people missing the Symbian Anna update. The X6 will never run S^3, you should post in the thread for updates to Symbian 3.2 and 5.0 phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
XGeovannyX

SKYEE eny new for C7 astound Update?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ArminG

[ Edited ]

I dare to predict it will never come.

There is (IMHO) a bug in the Anna releases that makes them not working with T Mobile USA.

See:

/t5/Software-Updates/C6-02-Anna-25-0027-breaks-3G-and-offlline-profile/td-p/1204829

In addition to the N8 and C6-01 I own, my wife has an Astound (Yes I know, we're Nokia fans in our house :-) ), however I certainly won't be updating that after the disaster that I encountered with the N8 and C6-01 in terms of losing 3G functionality on T Mobile USA.

My wife would kill me :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

This has been one frustrating Year.. I bought N8 branded and E7 unbranded.. the N8 update was not forthcoming after 12mths of no Portrait Qwerty, so i ditched it.. Now my E7 is still forthcoming.. Almost ready to ditch it too. Been burnt twice, not about to get burnt again..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Yeah.. No idea why 059G8X1 was overlooked..Still quite a few Anna updates missing around the world..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

PaulDTroy wrote:
This has been one frustrating Year.. I bought N8 branded and E7 unbranded.. the N8 update was not forthcoming after 12mths of no Portrait Qwerty, so i ditched it.. Now my E7 is still forthcoming.. Almost ready to ditch it too. Been burnt twice, not about to get burnt again..

ya for some reason the 059G8X1 was missed, best guess is human error. I had been advised that it would be a day or 2 to wait before we could get the update for these phones, But that was last week. So who Knows.

Guessing They dont want to upload it to the servers by itself, and that they will wait for the Telstra release, when and if telstra ever decide on what they are doing.

You would think when someone makes an honest mistake, that they would correct it asap. Considering this phone is not tied to any carrier and that it was suppose to be released, like really how hard is it to fix this mistake.

Surely they dont have to rewrite Anna just because it a different colour, as some of the nokia care staff seem to think.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
diprotodon

If you can get to a care centre, and your Nokia is under warranty - get the firmware replaced!  I did it when in Melbourne on Monday, and difference between PR1.0 and Symbian Anna is amazing, even if I had to wait until I got back home a few days later to get all the info back and babysit a few of the apps as part of the restore.  Make sure that your phone is offline for the restore, and delete your MMS messages in your "outbox" before reconnecting to the network as I learned!  Everyt MMS I had sent over 11 months was resent!

Just back-up beforehand, and it should be a fairly smooth transition if Nokia force the removal of the current firmware with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

diprotodon wrote:

If you can get to a care centre, and your Nokia is under warranty - get the firmware replaced!  I did it when in Melbourne on Monday, and difference between PR1.0 and Symbian Anna is amazing, even if I had to wait until I got back home a few days later to get all the info back and babysit a few of the apps as part of the restore.  Make sure that your phone is offline for the restore, and delete your MMS messages in your "outbox" before reconnecting to the network as I learned!  Everyt MMS I had sent over 11 months was resent!

Just back-up beforehand, and it should be a fairly smooth transition if Nokia force the removal of the current firmware with Anna.

Thats very strange about the MMS resending. I have 2 E7's one is the silver white and the other is a dk grey. The dk grey had no problems with the updates, and my mms werent resent either.

thanks for the advise though, But they really do have to get this product code up on the servers asap. They made the mistake after all. I live 2 hours north, at least, from the closest nokia care centre and rarely head in the direction at all. really only about 3 times a year. I'm sure there are plenty of others that live further than I do as well.

Anyway thanks for the thought though.It might suit some hopefully. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
diprotodon

My closest Nokia Care Centre is in Bali two hours by flight away - and they won't repear Australian phones.  I was lucky to find myself almost five hours flight south in Melbourne for work, hence I made the time.

I had prearranged the fix with Nokia Care Melbourne, and they were really quick.  

Kudos to Nokia Care Melbourne!

Please use plain text.
Til85

e52
Please use plain text.