Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 3110c restarting problem

Re: Tip

but mine is working well even when i put mp3 files from it... update it to firmware v6.01....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
voodoo

Plasse LINK for firmware v6.01 ?!?
I see the fear in eyes of my enemy...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This is the problem of each and every 3110c out there in the market. I don't know why doesn't the Nokia people do something about it. I myself suffered with this problem.
What is the use of buying a cellfone like this in which u get problem in playing videos, using themes, etc.

There is not ny software update for this problem....
Please use plain text.

I hope the update comes in soon and fixes the restarting problem with the 3110c. I have tried other memory cards and my phone always restarts when a memory card is inserted. I can see that this is a common problem with the 3110c. I hope Nokia takes action with this newer firmware. It's quite frustrating to see a memory card slot feature when you buy the phone, then find out later that it will have problems when you're using a memory card.

The solutions I found in the internet did a temporary fix. But the problem returns after a few days. Nokia people, I hope you are reading this. Nokia 3110c is a great phone, it shouldn't be ruined by some memory card issues.
Please use plain text.

I am sory to Say... to All my Friends ...
I have Tried Everything...As You Say.. But Problem still is there..

Dear Friend.. Please Describe Your Full Action to solve this problem. How You Can Say.. that You are Fully Satisfiye
Please use plain text.

Re: Solution 4 Nokia 3110c Restart

The cause of this problem in my experience with my MicroSD

- Many folder and a lot of data and music
- Put many data via card reader

How to slove my problem

- Don’t put many data via card reader
- If want to put data to memory must put direct by usb cable to phone

----------------------------------
Source : http://3110c.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------
Please use plain text.

Re: Solution 4 Nokia 3110c Restart

Upgrade firmware to version 6.02.

This will take care of the starting problem.

This update so far is only available through Nokia service outlets.

Also, Keep the phone memory free as much as possible and use SD cards up to 1GB capacity only (though it is said to support 2GB).

This is based on my own experience.
Please use plain text.

Nokia 3110c restarting problem

I'm a user of nokia 3110 classic (version 6.01). I've the same restarting problem in my phone. The problem is when i insert 1GB microSD card, there is no problem. If the memory consumption of my memory card is more than 200MB, the phone restarts continuously without ending. But the memory card works well in other s40 and s60 series phones. If i insert anyother microSD card, the phone restarts again.
The other problem is, when i try "restore factory settings", the phone restarts while restoring the settings.
A friend of mine gave me his SanDisk 1GB microSD card of 0KB memory consumption. I inserted his card in my mobile phone. The phone restarts. After this my friend inserted his card in his nokia 3110 classic (version 4.91), his phone restarts. NOTE: So far my friend's 3110c works fine without any restart problem.
Is there any virus or bug in my phone? How can i rectify this problem? Can i update it with firmware 6.02 in nokia care center? Can i get the complete solution?
Please use plain text.

See my post above.

When "restore factory settings" is opted, it is OK for the phone restart itself, while restoring the settings.

There is no bug in your phone. Your friends phone restarts for the same firmware issue.

Just upgrade to firmware v6.02 and you will no more have any problem. Get it from Nokia Care service centres. It should be free if your phone is under guarantee.

Remember my other tips.

By the way. this phone is of S40 v3 platform and there are no virus/malwares as far as I know.
Please use plain text.

I've got an even stranger problem with my 3110 Classic. It works perfectly fine whatever I'll store on the miniSD, and it's no problem.

The problem was: my friend sent me an MMS message (she's using Nokia 6300, if it does matter). When it came to me, the EDGE icon lit, then the spinning envelope icon appeared, and while the message was downloading, the phone restarted. It tried to download the message once again, but it restarted on every single try, and finally turned off.

I removed my SIM card, cleared my message boxes, including the MMS download request. I turned my phone to "manually download multimedia messages" and inserted the SIM card back. My friend sent me the same MMS again. The request appeared, and when I tried to download it, the phone connected with EDGE, started downloading, and then restarted. And so on.

So I removed my SIM card and cleared the message download request, storing it on my computer through Nokia PC Suite, and then inserted the SIM card back. I asked my roommate (he uses Sony Ericsson W300i) to send me any MMS message - and I received it with no problems.

I have to note, I have earlier received other MMS (the sender phone was some Samsung, I think, but I'm not sure), and also sent some, to phones including above-noted 6300 of my friend, and a Samsung E251).

I have v5.50 software and I cannot update it by myself (the software updater says there's no new software available), probably because it's a local variation for Polish provider "Plus" (MCC/MNC: 260-01) - although the SIM lock was removed by the store where I bought it. My service provider is "Heyah" - operated by PTC SA (whose main network is "Era" - MCC/MNC: 260-02 - and this code is used also for Heyah). My friend who sent me this "deadly" MMS is a Plus subscriber, and my roommate whose message came perfectly is a subscriber of Orange Poland (MCC/MNC: 260-03). If all of this does matter - I just wanted to give all possible information.
Please use plain text.

Dear Friends Now a New Problem arise here... New Nokia Software Updater not Recognige the Nokia 3110C Phone.

And Nokia 3110c has lost the Enhancements Settings, which comes just after Phone Settings.
Please use plain text.

yeah thats rit i m also facing the same problem.i downloaded a new version of nokia software updater and to my horror its not recognising my phone.added to that there is a msg saying tat the previous software has a fatal error in it.guys can any one help me out. my problems seems to be growing by time!! :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Vikki,

try to free some phone memory, not from SD card.
I had similar problem , and it seems when the integrated phone memory is almost full, the 3110c starts to hangs in different situations.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i the support has been removed for some time for nokia 3110c
when you see the contact please reply me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Hi This is anbu...
i Hav d same prob
my mobile 3110c as restarting contineously

Moderator note: e-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact info on the web.

Message Edited by michaels on 28-Apr-2008 06:25 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ordinario

yes that true, me too...
i have already posted this problem but until now, no response yet...

please help us....
Please use plain text.

What to do:-

1. Get firmware update version 6.02 from Nokia Care Centres (not available on web).

2. Use max. 1GB memory card (format on PC first, then on phone).

3. Keep the phone internal memory free as much as possible (atleast 3.5MB free).

This should be enough for most of you to get rid of the problem.

Do post if this helps you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Solution for Nokia 3110c Restart Problem

i have follod ur steps and it ant working wot shud i do
Please use plain text.

Re: Solution for Nokia 3110c Restart Problem

[ Edited ]
new firmware not yet out on their website... Does this mean that the new firmware 6.02 still doesn't fix the problem? I wont waste my time going to Nokia Care center then.

Message Edited by ktomie on 12-May-2008 06:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Finaly I hawe hawe found the solution for restarting problem!
1.Format your memory card
2.Make shortcut on your mobile so u can access very fast to your media player
2.1. In SETTINGS/DISPLAY/ACTIVE STANDBY/ACTIVE STANDBY MODE (TURN ON)/PERSONALIZE VIEW (MAKE IT THAT SHORTCUT BAR IS THE ONLY ONE THERE)
2.2. In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/NAVIGATION KEY make it so that standby key is 2nd
2.3. Get back to main screen and press DOWN key,options, select, select media player, and save, in organise shortcuts make it 1st and save your progress
3.Upload up to 5 songs
4. Update your media player, mobile will restart him self! BUT!!!...
5. In order to stop restarting u have 3 sec to start updating music library again
6. If u done all at step 2, u need to press fast one time down,central button,left blue line,down,central,up, and central (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
7. If u success in this 6th step u hawe solwed problem!
8. Next step is to upload next 5 songs and repeat steps 4-6
(9.) If you cant press so fast buttons to restart uploading I suggest to create a folder named "Amp3" so he can be first when u access to your memoru card so you could
erase him fast to stop restarting, instead formating whole card (In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/LEFT SELECTION KEY(Make it Gallery, so you can access fast to memory card to delete folder "Amp3"))
(10.)Buttons to erase "Amp3" folder - While in main screen press : Left blue line,center,left blue line,down,center,center (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
(11.)You hawe stopped restarting and kept pics, and images on memory card

If this work at your phone just tell me because I would like to know did i helped :smileyvery-happy:
retardiran_boy@hotmail.com
Please use plain text.