Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 3110c restarting problem

Registered Member

Nokia 3110c restarting problem SOLVED

[ Edited ]
Finaly I hawe hawe found the solution for restarting problem!
1.Format your memory card
2.Make shortcut on your mobile so u can access very fast to your media player
2.1. In SETTINGS/DISPLAY/ACTIVE STANDBY/ACTIVE STANDBY MODE (TURN ON)/PERSONALIZE VIEW (MAKE IT THAT SHORTCUT BAR IS THE ONLY ONE THERE)
2.2. In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/NAVIGATION KEY make it so that standby key is 2nd
2.3. Get back to main screen and press DOWN key,options, select, select media player, and save, in organise shortcuts make it 1st and save your progress
3.Upload up to 5 songs
4. Update your media player, mobile will restart him self! BUT!!!...
5. In order to stop restarting u have 3 sec to start updating music library again
6. If u done all at step 2, u need to press fast one time down,central button,left blue line,down,central,up, and central (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
7. If u success in this 6th step u hawe solwed problem!
8. Next step is to upload next 5 songs and repeat steps 4-6
(9.) If you cant press so fast buttons to restart uploading I suggest to create a folder named "Amp3" so he can be first when u access to your memoru card so you could
erase him fast to stop restarting, instead formating whole card (In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/LEFT SELECTION KEY(Make it Gallery, so you can access fast to memory card to delete folder "Amp3"))
(10.)Buttons to erase "Amp3" folder - While in main screen press : Left blue line,center,left blue line,down,center,center (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
(11.)You hawe stopped restarting and kept pics, and images on memory card

If this work at your phone just tell me because I would like to know did i helped.

Message Edited by zipper19 on 16-Jun-2008 09:02 AM
Please use plain text.

Re: Solution 4 Nokia 3110c Restart

What to do (Repeat):-

1. Get firmware update version 6.02 or higher from Nokia Care Centres (not available on web till date). No firmware below this version will cure this problem.

This update not being available on the web does not mean it is unstable. There could many other reasons.

2. Use max. 1GB memory card (format on PC first, then on phone).

3. Keep the phone internal memory free as much as possible (atleast 3.5MB free).

This should be enough for most of you to get rid of the problem, if arising out of software issues. Restarting fault is generally software related in most cases.

Do post if this helps you.

Nice efforts "retardiran_boy" and thanks for sharing. Just one comment - would you treat a symptom or cure a disease. Your efforts seems to be more towards the former. I personally feel it should be the other way. Great efforts from you any way. Thanks once again.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

Re: Nokia 3110c restarting problem

is there any new features with the 6.02 software?

my phone is restarting again, and i am having second thoughts of having it repaired. my phone is already out of warranty and having it repaired on a nokia centre in the philippines is quite expensive... T_T
Please use plain text.

hi am facing same problem while using the phone i think there is problem in the themes and browser of the phone...
Please use plain text.

14-Jun-2008 06:00 AM
shishir_pisal wrote:
hi am facing same problem while using the phone i think there is problem in the themes and browser of the phone...

I am already done all steps eg: format of Mem. Card. Restoring factory setting, but when i switch off my cell phone and switch on, than it may occur again.
Please use plain text.

Re: Solution for Nokia 3110c Restart Problem

[ Edited ]
Still I'm facing same problem after 15 days. I was applied all 10 steps after 15 days same problem occur.

Message Edited by zipper19 on 16-Jun-2008 09:03 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

hey jawad, whats your current software version?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

i want to know the difference of v6.02 from other firmware versions. aside from it doesn't restart anymore or does it?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

coz its really tiring to go to nokia centers for an upgrade then it will restart again...

hey i got an idea...

lets not use the memory card anymore!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lokumalli

@ Jawed..Did u pay attention to that 5 Donts.I think My phone is even worse than urs at the
beginning. But somehow i found an effective way to get rid of dis problem.
Now it works with my phone well. I tried hard to share my experiences with others.
if the problem still exists,I think the best thing is 2 find your own way. Tell us it.
Anushka
xxxxxxx
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lokumalli

I think the free phone memory space is not playing a major role.
i didnt care much about it.
xxxxxxx
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

T_T

lokumali, have you already upgraded your firmware to v6.02?

someone says v6.02 is the solution. i'm still having doubts about it.

please report any errors about v6.02 please.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lokumalli

@ trickmaster, I didnt go for that version.Still im on 5.01
xxxxxxx
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

Thanks lokumali... ^_^

Anyone out there who experienced errors on the v6.02?
please report them here...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
voodoo

Version 6.02 no Bulgarian support. :smileysad:
I see the fear in eyes of my enemy...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Dear All,

World's best solution for this issue is to sell you Nokia 3110c and get new one (at least not Nokia). This is best time to sell, else after 6-7 months, no one will buy this and in case any one, you need to pay from you pocket to sell.
Believe me, this is not a joke.

Message Edited by balrajo on 10-Jul-2008 10:58 AM
Please use plain text.

hi,
I have 5.3 mb free phone memory still it restarts when i insert my sd card(1gb size).
please help me.
Please use plain text.

OK, I hope this is of help to everyone. Basically, Nokia doesn't care about us and completely denies this problem.

I wrote the following letter to Nokia Customer Service:

--------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam

I, like many other users of the 3110c have been experiencing an endless restart loop (the screen flashes white and switches off) which happens whenever music files are placed onto the microSD card (SanDisk 1GB).

Scouring the internet I have learned that this is a VERY common problem amongst 3110c users, however, some solutions to the problem have been suggested.

One such solution that has been mooted is the availability of a more recent firmware update (v 6.01) that supersedes version 5.5, which is currently available on your website. Posts on the official Nokia forum say that this update is only available from Nokia care centres however.

Please could you answer the following queries:

1) Is this fault common to all Nokia 3110c's? If so then why was it brought to market?

2) Is there a firmware update that fixes this problem?

3) If there is an update - please could you send it to me, rather than force me to travel to a service centre.

4) Is there any other means of fixing this rebooting problem.

Please do not attempt to feign ignorance of this issue as I think it is now quite infamous. I have always used a Nokia phone (since 1996) and I am otherwise very happy with my phone. I just want to find a way of fixing it!

I look forward to your reply

-----------------------

This was the reply

-----------------------

Dear Mr. X,

we thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

1. We are unable to confirm that this error is a common fault to 3100c´s

2. The latest update, which is available in the Internet is version 5.50. Please note that the Nokia Care Point can offer a newest version. Please contact a NCP near by you.

3. Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with an update. You can get am update only from Nokia Care Points or from Nokia Softwareupdate tool. This tool can be downloaded from:

http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate

4. If the problem will not be solved after Softwareupdate please contact NCP.

For further Question please do not hesistate to contact again.
We are reachable from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 21:00 o´clock.

Kind regards

Erwin Sabuel
Nokia Service Professional

Nokia Care Team

-----------

So there you have it! Nokia don't give a damn about us and aren't really willing to help... sorry chaps!
Please use plain text.

Dear,

Thanks for the advice but it still giving the same problem. I have tried it many times. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Restart Problem:

Sir you please contact the nearest customer and explain the problem of restart, they will restore the factory settings for free of cost.

Enhancement view:

If you restore your phone the enhancement option will go, when you insert a data card or headset or charger again you can view the enhancement view
Please use plain text.