Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 3110c restarting problem

Re: Nokia 3110c restarting problem

I HAVE TRIED THAT. THEY FORMATTED MY PHONE. IT WORKED WELL 2 MONTH AND THE SAME PROBLEM STARTED.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Solution 4 Nokia 3110c Restart

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, thats works 4 me ,thankssssssssssss alot
Please use plain text.

kiko

please let me the exact procedure you followed.

thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I got rid of this phone because of the freezing and the turning off on its own will. I know it's due to the memory card.

Has a new firmware been released? I check the Nokia software update on the web and doesn't seem have an updates.

What have people done to solve this?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
T_T

lokumali, have you already upgraded your firmware to v6.02?

someone says v6.02 is the solution. i'm still having doubts about it.

please report any errors about v6.02 please.

Message Edited by jaaay on 23-Sep-2008 02:20 PM

Message Edited by jaaay on 23-Sep-2008 02:21 PM

Message Edited by jaaay on 23-Sep-2008 02:23 PM
Please use plain text.

firmware 7.01 of nokia 3110c rm-237 it's available to NSU
Please use plain text.

updae your firmware to 6.60 .
now its does not seems to have problem.
but still very few time problems happen ( once / month )
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i had a same problem
there is a virus in ur phome via sd card
format ur phone through a nokia store
also format ur sd card
then try

itll work
bakup everyting u hav in sd card
Please use plain text.

its due to presence of bad sectors in the memory card.

use a branded memory card such as of nokia, sandisk, kingston etc.

earlier i had d same problem but i upgraded firmware to 6.60 nd changed my memory card to kingston 1gb from 512mb generic.

try it works
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Where are you guys getting the lastest firmware from?

Nokia site doesnt have it?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
trickmaster

so.. from what i'm reading in this forum the version 6.02 still restarts huh... what's new with version 7??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Where are you guys getting the firmware from???

None of the Nokia care centres I go to have it. Where in the UK or where in the north west?+
Please use plain text.

My CODE is 0544307
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

my phone restarts even when no memory card..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, it restarts a few times and then turns off completely. I have a memory card in it, but i never used it for music or anything other than the pics i took on the phone, and the phone has never been used on the net, so there is no virus.

I only had a few MBs of images on the card out of 2GB, which has always worked fine, but this problem still happens even with no card in it.

I have managed to keep the phone on long enough to restore factory settings, and then spent 2 hours deleting all messages, as it would give me enough time to get into the messages and would start deleting about 25 and restart, but i had over 700 message accumulated without realising.

So now with all factory settings reset, an empty message box, no card it still restarts. I cant check the software or update it, as the damn thing wont stay on long enough to connect properly via the USB lead.

So tomorrow i will visit my local Nokia centre, and ask them for some help, and even print off this forum to show it is a very common problem.

Thanks for the info and guides.

Ian

Message Edited by da8iwr on 07-Mar-2009 03:47 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

OK quick update, it is using

Firmware V 5.50

14/08/07

RM-237

I found that out by pressing *#0000# very quickly when it starts.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lokumalli

Ian,

i hv been using this phone since August2007. These restarting probs happened after 3 week frm the day dt i bought.

Still im using this phone without any problem.I mean smtimes it restarts... bt not in a grand scale. i think u hav read my thread "solution for d restarting problem" which was on d 1st page.

Actually I dont knw whats the prob exactly.Yeah its a BUG. But my method was effective for d phones which r havin the firmware 5.01.

I think the best thing is to find a way by your own.Thats how i solved my prob. as i mebtioned above my 3110c also restartin smtimes.At those times i simply remove my battery.Keep it away for atleast 5 minutes,(Keepin without the battery 4 a while also helps d phone to refresh) then switch on the phone WITHOUT the memory card. (This is an important issue.Without the memory card the phone shouldnt restart continuously.It may restart once..But "continuously restarting and swiched off itself" never happnd on my phone when im usin it without the memory card.)

Ok back to the steps...................

Then  restore factory settings....  after that swich off the phone.. insert the memory card again. Switch On...

Now phone should work fine.smtimes im not even resoring factory settings.. Just switched on Without microSd and keep it 4 a while then again insert the microSD.

Giving the Phone to NOKIA CARE CENTER............ mmmm im not goin to tell anything. But i recommend that not to gv the phone to the care center,Find a method n share with us. If u have a warranty try to get a new 3110c.

Or d last thing. There is a new firmware release i think its 7.01. my friend told that that firmwire version solved this problem.You can try that also.my 3110c s version is 5.01.

Hey Ian... in the Google search box type any NOKIA phone model (try the latest nokia models) with the word Restarts.

Tell us ur idea abt that.

Cheers 

Anushka Wijepala

Sri Lanka 

xxxxxxx
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Anushka

Thanks for the advice, its great people are out there trying to help for free :smileyhappy:

I think i have fixed it.....it hasn't restarted all day so we will see.

What i did was when i was trying to mess around i found that it worked perfect if the Sim card was out, it would start and stay on for as long as i needed, but as soon as i put the Sim back in it would start restarting again.

So i found an old sim card and put that in, and it worked perfect, but when i put mine back in it restarted again so it must be a sim card fault.

When it had the good sim card in, i managed to get it to update the firmware form the net which is now 7.21 and the nokia centre said they had 8.1.

But i thought 7.21 was good enough so used that. I then went to my local vodafone store and bought a new sim for £5 and transfered my number on to it, and put it in my phone.

Perfect

If it messes up ill let you, but it hasnt restarted or made an error since 10am this morning and it is now 5pm and been used all day.

All the best

Ian

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I my mobile still having that problem.

1)  I removed my MemCard waited for 5 mins and switch on my mobile.Then Menu->Settings-> Restore Settings ->12345 done like this but gave the Code Error.

2) Through Bluetooth & Infrared options i cant able to receive any files.

Give me solution for this ...Waiting for ur reply..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Give me solution for this ...Waiting for ur reply..

First of all kanimscss be polite, that kind of comment up there is a demand, not a request for help and will only annoy people and prevent them from offering help to you for free. if your don't normally speak English, just use the words "please" or "thank you" at the start or end of the sentence, it will make it sound much better

Please could you give me the solution for this ...Waiting for ur reply..
or
Please give me solution for this ...Waiting for ur reply..Thankyou

Do you see what i mean? :smileywink:

The way to solve this is plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable you were provided when you bought the phone, then using the Nokia software you can download from this site, and i believe is on the CD that also came with the phone, you can update the phone software to the latest Version 7.2 i believe it is.

This should cure your problems.

I have had no problems at all, since i posted my issue a few weeks ago, so i think it is solved now.

Regards

Ian

Message Edited by da8iwr on 18-Mar-2009 11:48 AM
Please use plain text.