Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 3120 Classic Firmware Update, Do we need...

Advisor

Nokia 3120 Classic Firmware Update, Do we need it?

Could anyone please tell me the pros and cons of updating the Nokia 3120 Classic? Do you have any problems with the phones after updating it? Are there any changes or any improvements to the phone after updating it? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rwishi

Re: Nokia 3120 Classic Firmware Update, Do we need it?

The best improvement that you get when you update the 3120c is thatthe video recording jumps to a whopping VGA resolution.
liked my post? Plz give kudos!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Can somebody be more precise in what are the changes made after upgrade to this tipe of phone nokia 3120 classic

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I would like to know them too. Is there an area on this website where it is possible to read all the release notes?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just upgraded my Nokia 3120 Classic firmware via gprs because the phone has a phone updater built in to it.

My old phone firmware version was :

V 07.16

27-05-08

RM-364

My new updated phone firmware version is:

V 09.41

06-11-08

RM-364

The problems with my old version before were the phone would sometimes hang up and restart itself, it is very slow.

Now, all of this has been eliminated.

Can anybody elsae share their experience after upgrading to the newer firmware version.

Please use plain text.

how can i update mine? please give me steps how, i really want to upgrade mine
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi scarlet_213, download Nokia Ovi Suite and install it to your computer. Then follow the steps and upgrade your phone. If there is no update available for your phone, this could be due to a number of factors which are outlined in the following articles written by one of our senior users Grischnon: http://techyoddsandends.blogspot.com/     and     http://linux.sgms-centre.com/nokiafaq/branded-phones/

The latest firmware version for unbranded handsets for the 3120 Classic is 10.00. Let us know how it goes.   

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello everyone. when I got my 3120c it was already with an updated software;

V09.41

06-11-08

RM-364

But the phone just keeps on resetting itself.  and its really a bother coz i happens to me 5 time or more a day.  Can someone help me out on this.  Is the phone the real problem?

please help.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Judea1423, is your phone still under warranty? You may have it checked with the Nokia Service Center.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi ong76win2. thanks for the message.  I did checked it at smart wireless center and its still under waranty.  They gave me this certificate that i have to present to nokia service center.  I will bring it there and inform you as soon as i get feebdback from them.

thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

forward camera is off
Please use plain text.

Hi,

I have recently updated the software to V 09.41 on my Nokia 3120 Classic.

There is an improvement in terms of better responsiveness and lesser instances of the phone hanging and restarting.

But more numerous are the problems. You can not set a timed profile. The phone hangs and you need to restart it. Also, the calendar does not alert you. (All the notes/reminders set for a date are activated at the end of the date, i.e 12 am of the next date).

I am surprised as to how the QA team at Nokia let these basic flaws pass through them.

Learned engineers of NOKIA, please take stock of this and pull up your socks.

Please use plain text.

There is yet another problem with the update.

The name of the sender of a message is not displayed on the new message alert. I think it was showing earlier.

This way, the update has in essence brought in more number of problems.

The engineers to take stock again. Hope you would be able to give us a good update that does give this thread a decent burial. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
1440x1080

[ Edited ]

My father has this phone and the problem he experienced was that MMS messages didn't work properly. When I sent him an MMS  and it was a video MMS, he received it as a slideshow (like in PP) and when I sent him a picture MMS he received the picture modified. E.g. full colour picture he received as B&W or grainy or 16colour picture... Simply the phone behaved strangely. Tried and proved that it was a fault of the phone (not any external problem). The software version on his phone was either 6.x or 7.x. Updated to 9.95 using microUSB cable (wasn't even possible to update over the air) and PC (Nokia SWu) and everything is fine now. So very happy because now (also with other improvements after SWu) it is a fantastic phone!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tenmaluv

I need help here, I tryied to update my phone (it's on the v 09.41) but every time it displays a dialog box that says "something went wrong" and i can't make it work, so i'm stuck in that version... what can I do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erklister

i dont have any problem updating my cellphone,., as long as you follow the steps and read the installation instruction carefully,., ,.,

NOTE:

step 1:  before updating your cellphone be sure to remove or disable all the secrurity code and pin code.. the set up needs restart.. entering pincode and security code after restarting might disconnect your cellphone in the setup

Step 2: be sure to create a backup files,., you can find that in your cellphone settings.. its like system restore in windows 7 :smileyhappy:  ..it wiil be automatically save into your memory card.. 

GOOD LUCK :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.