Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 500 Belle skype

Advisor
faraon

Nokia 500 Belle skype

Hi All,

I updated Nokia 500 fron S Anna to N Belle and lost Skype app. I found some version in Ovi Store but it is for other devices. Why new Nokia software is incompatibile, and when we get new Skype?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Nokia 500 Belle skype

Skype version available in Store supports Belle. You might need to check again.

http://store.ovi.com/content/20924?clickSource=search&pos=1

Please use plain text.
Advisor
faraon

[ Edited ]

This is the version I mentioned earlier. There is note: "Niestety, ten materiał nie jest dostępny do pobrania na telefon Nokia 500 Belle." which we can translate as: "Unfortuatelly this material is not available to download for phone Nokia 500 Belle."

I can't get the button "Download" active.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mjaga56

Same here, lost skype on my Nokia 500 after upgrade from Anna to Belle. There is a version for Symbian Belle for the Nokia 700, why wouldn't that work with the Nokia 500? You would expect that with Microsoft owning Skype and Nokia and Microsoft collaborating, all Nokia phones should be supported. Can we expect a version for the Nokia 500 soon?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swechhya

Why all, 

i am facing the same problem for skype....I am really desperate to have skype in my phone....plz post if any1 have solution for it:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sutharnikhil

Re: Nokia 500 Belle skype 2.1 working fine..

[ Edited ]

Dear all.. I have also N 500 and i upgrade to belle. I'm facing same problem with skype. But try n get idea to run skype in N 500 belle.. I used Skype Working very fine in my n 500 belle.. You wanna get idea send me ur query to my personal message.

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Working an Nokia 500 Belle.

Just go to Nokia Store, choose another phone ( 603 ) an use download to your phone option, via Nokia Drop.

The install will start.

I test it over WiFi network

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RFMC

Absolutely true...! Skype for Nokia 603 (just because it was already  tested before) works fine on Nokia 500 Belle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bilalswabi35

Dosto may nokia 500 k liye skype kahan say download karoon
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bilalswabi35

[ Edited ]

Dosto may nokia 500 k liye skype kahan say download karoon is number par sms karen plz
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moderator's note : Please, no personal details.  Read our guidelines.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bilalswabi35

From where can i download skype for nokia 500 plz any one ans me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robo25

Nokia 500, with belle, is the WORST phone made by Nokia. Not only skype, so many other apps do not work, which worked in anna. However there is a good soluition to it:

Throw your nokia 500 or destroy it any way u want (like hitting hard in floor, or running bulldodger over it), it will give u some mental piece. Then buy any mobile with Android OS (samsung makes so many models, and they are cheaper than nokia), and live a happy life.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robo25

*piece = peace
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi Robo25,

how about you read the facts first before you rant and rave. The Nokia 500 doesn't have a front-facing camera, so it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to run Skype.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.