Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 500 - can t upgrade to Belle

DimPapadim

Nokia 500 - can t upgrade to Belle

Hi,

I ve been trying to upgrade my phone from 011.033 to the latest in vain. (From Nokia suite v3.7.22)

I receive the following message during the initialisation of the installation (step3) and after the backup is performed succesfully:

"Cannot install software. There was a proble with the connection between nokia Suite and your phone. MAke sure the USB cable is connect4ed directly to the computer and try starting installation again. If it does not help, please reconnect your phone and restart Nokia Suite"

Recommendations that I have followed to the line with no apparent result. I can do pretty much everything except updating. One of my suspicion is that the instalaltion files are either corrupted or incomplete (when browsing the mass memory which has 750mb of available memory) I can see  multiple folders named Nokia_Belle (1...up to 12) ... which mirror the number of attempts to install the software)

I did delete some of them but three folders cannot be removed (cause: The storage is write-protected)

Does anyone has an idea of how I might be able to install Belle on this Nokia 500?

Some add info; Phone memory is full - mass memory has 750MB and memory card has 7.1GB

Updating from the phone is not possible

Thank you in advance,