Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5130 Software Update

Counsellor
hash008

Nokia 5130 Software Update

Hi,

Can anyone tell whether  a new firmware version is available for Nokia 5130,my current version is v 6.85

thanks in advance,

Hash.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Nokia 5130 Software Update

[ Edited ]

Hi how is the climate in chennai?? :smileyhappy:

No one here can tell whether it is available or not becuase firmwares are not released at one stretch for all Product codes

Type ur Product code in the below link

http://www.nokia-asia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-up...

check out

Message Edited by krizanand on 05-Sep-2009 09:38 PM

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PP5130

dude u seem to hav the latest version....

actually i hav 6.65 & its supposed to be the latest...

but if u hav 6.85 can u tel me where u got it....

nokia says 6.65 is the latest   :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

hash008, there are two ways to check for firmware updates:

1. Visit this link: http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-updat... ... Enter the product code printed inside the battery compartment of your phone, see if the version displayed by the website is greater than the one installed in your phone (type *#0000# at the stand-by screen).

2. Download and install the latest Nokia Software Updater from the Nokia website. Connect your phone to the PC using the data cable, and run NSU. If there's an update to the firmware for your phone, NSU will prompt you to update it.

That's the theory part. Something weird happened last night. When I checked the firmware version in the brand new 5130 XpressMusic that I bought for my brother, it said 6.93, and when I checked the latest available in the website, it said 6.65. I do not have access to a PC with net connection, so, couldn't try that method :smileywink:

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaarthi

Latest available software for  Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, product code 0591480 
Version:  07.91 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cristiroland

:smileysad:hi,i have this software installed on my nokia by myself with the update program but is a problem i can't put any screensaver on my display now...please help me...what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fentagin

Hi,

I have a nokia 5130 XpressMusic and my current version is v 6.65. Is a new version available? I try to update it from my pc and it said that the last available version is 6.65. Is the 6.65 version the latest?

thanks in advance and please reply.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vin123

Hi, the update to 7.95 version has few flaws, like no sreen saver, some options are missing from the regular but the another update is yet to come in feb i belive so waiting for that eagrly, i feel the the software upgrade was not necessary. but its reduced the times my phone hangs which is te only thing i like.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vin123

just wanted to add on the music player is a bit slow compared to earlier version, it takes a few sec;s to play the next song which you'd get frustrated if u tend to search for music most of the time.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Doru

hey , about the 5130xm in order to play files as u used to u have to play a AMR file and then try  mp3s or other formats

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMPULSE3710

The latest Version is 7.97

But all 7.xx firmwares are a little slower and doesn't have screensaver and powersaver options.

So I would recommend not to update to any 7.xx versions if you are not having any problems with the one you have currently.

Instead Wait for the 8.20/8.30 versions .

They are supposed/hyped to be SUPERB versions with lots of Extra features.

They are supposed to be launched in january/feb 2011

S.K.Ghosh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMPULSE3710

Bad thing is its a little slower than 6.xx firmwares.

The latest one is 7.97
S.K.Ghosh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMPULSE3710

I didn't Understand Your post clearly.

Can you elaborate a little ?
S.K.Ghosh
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonyyy

I have a question. Can I downgrade to an older software version??? Please give me an answer. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neetu

hi i have updated my nokia 5130 from N care and now i am havin very much problems..
When i try to play music or videos it shows not enough memory,
my default browser(opera mini) does not open,
some applications including default one's do not open,
i can not use screen saver
my ph. has become very slow and it hang up easily
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neetu

hi i have updated my nokia 5130 from N care and now i am havin very much problems..
When i try to play music or videos it shows not enough memory,
my default browser(opera mini) does not open,
some applications including default one's do not open,
i can not use screen saver
my ph. has become very slow and it hang up easily..
Please help. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neetu

i think that nokia is saving money and making low grade phones
Please use plain text.
maroshin0818

The current version of my 5130 is 7.95, the website says the new version is 7.97. When i try to update via sw update, it always says no update available. How can i update my software? I don't have a pc. I only have mobile internet. Please help me. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rameshwar94

There new version 7.95 4 ur xp so u go to phone setting ad update u r xp
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rameshwar94

Go to wel l firm with 7.xx version it will ok
Please use plain text.