Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5220 firmware version 7.23 is available

Contributor

Nokia 5220 firmware version 7.23 is available

Version 7.23 has just been made available at the NSU. I did the update successfully, however, it didn't repair the damaged Nokia original theme and the question mark icon appearing instead of the sand-clock icon. 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5220 firmware version 7.23 is available

when i update my filmware version may yahoo! go became double??

plss reply..

sorry for bad english...

Please use plain text.

Dear Nokia! I'm using only your phones for 10 years already, now I have the 4th one, an 5220, and I am quite satisfied with it. But what is this about software, online things and stuff like that? I read it here since more than a half year, that a newer, better firmware is available for my phone, that has some problems with its 6.51 firmware. I happily download, check the NSU, says, it is the latest software. OK, someone says, go to Nokia care centre. I go in, they say no problem, leave it here, for an hour. Than I get my phone back, with the same software version, 6.51. I look at the official site, it was updated in July, however tomorrow it is December. So, don't you think that the world's so called greatest factory should pay more attention, to the customer service? And please get that 07.23 firmware available in Europe, or some newer or anything, which with I can repair my phone's bugs! Thanks, an already Nokia user, but not sure that it will go on being so...

Please use plain text.
caharian

[ Edited ]

Try this, open settings > restore factory settings > then choose restore settings only or, the first one.. Hope it works. I have that problem also.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Your e-mail has been removed from the post since it is unwise to post such personal information in a public forum.

Edited by: Aikin19 (Moderator) 

It is better to cheat than to repeat

Warning: Save Mother Earth, save trees, dont do homework.
Please use plain text.

hi...

i won nokia 5220 mobile..... i used to check for mobile updates...frequently....and used to update and reinstall if condition appears..... just a week before i reinstalled my software v7.23 through nokia software updater.. but......my music player's equaliser became un functional....it  repeatedly says OPERATION FALIED..i don no what to do... the same condition is remaining even after one more updation... please help me ....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thank u....i have the problem for more than 6 months....u solve that

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saraaz

i have nokia 5220 express music... it was workin fine with the 512 MC but when i changed it to a 1 GB it got problematic then i rushed to the nearest NSC and got my software updated but now then again i don know what has happened to it... the theme has lost its colour and my music player' equaliser is having the same prob as of mr. kamalesh

what to do ???

Please use plain text.

hi saraaz............

the main problem is with the phone's internal components.........

phone's ram speed is much lower compared to its efficiency.....so u just try these steps......

first switch on the phone without the memory card(but with sim card)

then wait for all the pending messages to b recieved.....then insert ur memory card.......

but dont use the phone like reading msgs....hearing music for the first 5 mins......

check whether the library is fully updated in ur music player...........then use ur phone

phone to utmost............k

To ma knowledge

as the music updation and the msg recieving process r done during the phone startup.it gets anged up!!!!

if the anged phone fails to startup just remove n put ur battery several times till it recovers......it workz for me.........

post ur comment after ur try!!!

Please use plain text.
tareq88t

i have nokia 5220 i update firmware to v 7.23 sometimes message inbox doesn,t open there is question mark instead of the sand clock bar when the phone is waiting to open a folder or any thing else when i choose a shortcut for stand by bar i canmt choose from application , it look empty i hope you can solve my problems thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Manisha_mavani

Problem

Hey guyz..i have nokia 5220 xpressmusic. When i open the music player it says not enough memory..i cleaned my all phone memory. And also update firmware but still problem continuous...please help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kd1242

Re: Problem

I also got same problem. not enough memory. and done the same thing. If u got a solution. please tell me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umar10

i hav install 7.23 version for nokia 5220 epress music but one problem is still the same that my fone applications dont opening and mobile hanged for some seconds

Please use plain text.
Ganeshtrg

Hello can you please tell me how to upgrade my nokia with latest software. I was trying with "Nokia ovi suite" but through that I can upgrade my phone up to V 05.63. Can you please help me to do further I'm waiting for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Harry181

Upgrade it from the market from any retailer.
Please use plain text.