Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5230 language changed after update

Registered Member
aghabehzad

Nokia 5230 language changed after update

Hi. I have updated my nokia 5230 with Nokia Software Updater, and my languate set changed. I reinstall it with OVI Suite, but the language set is still incorrect.

Can I choose which language set to install?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Re: Nokia 5230 language changed after update

your phone wasn't meant to be sold in your country, that's why the language changed after the update. you can go to a Nokia Care and ask them to install the language you want.

if you reinstall or update with a new firmware the languages will revert back to the default.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Hi, can you tell what language set you had before the update and what language set you have now? Where are you located?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

bearshare wrote:

Hi, can you tell what language set you had before the update and what language set you have now? Where are you located?

how would this info help you ? this can happen to all language sets

Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Easy man! I was just curious because the same thing can happen to me when I update my C6-01 to Symbian Anna next month:

I am in Brazil and I bought my C6-01 last month in Portugal. Obviously, the phone came with an european language set: it has Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, etc. 

When I update my C6-01 to Anna next month, it's possible that the language set is changed to a South America language set, since I'm in Brazil. South America language set has, among other languages, Brazilian Portuguese, which I prefer over European Portuguese. That's all...

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

I just said that because it could happen to all phones bought for another region . the language set of a user doesnt mean that all same language sets change with the update . The product code defines the language to be installed in the update .

As I figure out it will happen to you also . When Anna comes out you have to visit NCC and reflash the phone for a small fee

Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Vangelis290189 wrote:

I just said that because it could happen to all phones bought for another region . the language set of a user doesnt mean that all same language sets change with the update . The product code defines the language to be installed in the update .

As I figure out it will happen to you also . When Anna comes out you have to visit NCC and reflash the phone for a small fee

I don't understand why will I have to reflash my phone after updating to Anna. Since I bought my C6-01 in Portugal and this model is not sold yet in Brazil, worst case is that my phone will be updated with the same language set it has presently, an European language set that includes Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, etc. and that's OK for me. 

I just made a comment that I would prefer my phone to have Brazilian Portuguese instead of European Portuguese. But then again, I'm OK with the present language set.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

if you have updated the phone before and didn't change language set the same will happen with anna . you can check the product code to see the region your phone was constructed for .

Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Oh, yes, I've just remembered now: I've updated my C6-01 once, just after I bought it. But I was in Portugal at that time and I'm in Brazil. 

My phone's Type is RM-718 and the Product Code 059C275, known by Nokia as 'hispania_silver'. Besides Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, German, it has regional spanish languages: Galego, Catalá, Euskara.

So, that indicates that after Anna update, my C6-01 will keep it's current language set. AFA, updates are based on phone type and product code, and not on the actual geographical location of the phone. Is that correct?

Regards;

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Yes thats right ! You can update it in whichever place of the world, the result will be the same .

The product code only is responsible for languages . Different types (RM-xxx) do not share the same product codes . So you are lucky that a portugeese phone includes the language set you use in brazil . You will have no problem with ANNA then

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mmiido2

me too
my language is arabic . can you tell me haw can i get it back ? please
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Dear All,

In order to have other languages on your phone you will need to go to your nearest Nokia care point to have this language pack installed. There will be a charge associated with this service.

The reason here for, as mentioned before, is because the device was not intended to be sold in your area.

You can check you local Nokia care point by going on-line to your localised Nokia website and clicking on support and then repair and you should be able to check which is the closest to you.

Hope this helps.

Regards

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jayabas88

find back up in pc suit and restore in your device
Please use plain text.
5230wifi

i am ethiopian and how can i set amharic language to use google other conections and also amharic font on my nokia 5230.
Please use plain text.