Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5310 theme problem

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5310 theme problem

I have bought a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic and I found out that it is a copy, a copy from China. It works absolutely fantastic, but it doesn't recognize .nth files. I don't want player themes, I want phone themes. I was wondering.. Maybe if I take it to a service centre to update it, will it work?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

if you have purchased a fake phone it will not work at all with offical nokia .nth themes. taking it to a service centre will achieve absolutely nothing because it is a fake, and not a genuine Nokia phone.

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you very much for replying me!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

no worries mate, if you can, try and purchase a genuine 5310, that way you won't run into problems with usability and you will have a warranty and reliable phone to work with :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

At the moment, I don't have enough money to buy e genuine one. I have another question. Does it accept any other theme? It doesn's accept .nth and .thm , but are there themes with other extensions that may work on my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

don't know mate, because its not a genuine phone i assume its not even running Symbian Series40, probably some other ugly ripoff instead. so i have no idea sorry of what themes it will accept. if i were you, i wouldn't even bother looking for themes for the device, because its fake and theres probably no proper customer support/applications/anyone bothered to develop anything for it.

just be patient and save up money for a genuine one, trust me you won't be disappointed :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikxling

Unfortunately, u cant install anything in a fake china phone(apps,games themes) just buy a single sim nokia 5310. Nokia centre will not be able to install any firmware because the fake phone will not support genuine nokia firmware.do u want a firmware that features one sim to be installed in a twin sim phone? It wont work
Please use plain text.