Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5530 firmware v30.0.009 update

Advisor
hea7enak

Nokia 5530 firmware v30.0.009 update

Hi.. All .. I'd like to inform u that now Our Nokia 5530 has update firmware v.30.0.009 ... I just install it today and it's changelogs like Nokia 5800 too.... It's so cool............:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Aaron0024

Re: Nokia 5530 firmware v30.0.009 update

How can I update?

Mobile Visionary

Advisor
jayprog

The download gets to 20MB and gives an error message. I tried it all night without sucess.

I think nokia should simplify things by creating downlods that can be installed to the phone without using their NSU.

Also if you have an older version of the NSU installed, you better not try to upgrade it via the NSU option because if you are on a data prepaid contract you will regret the moment you pressed that button. The down load will chew more than 120MB for a file that is 34MB doing nothing.

Solution is to download direct and reinstall the NSU to your computer. I learned the hard way.

I am still trying to figure out how I can get the new firmware fully downloaded. Any ideas please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Advisor
hea7enak

[ Edited ]

Yeah! you can also update with another way with Ovi Suit on your pc.. Connect your phone to pc via Ovi Suit,and check for update firmware . but the data to download is about 131MB (It's such as re-install firmware for phone) .... it's really work.. I've done with it already... with Ovi suit is much better than Nokia Software Update (as u said it's often  ask to update its first)  ....  just try Ovi suit....

Or dial  *#0000# and check for update it's faster than...

mfrapp20

I have a Nokia 5530 that currently has a tmobile prepaid account card in it. I have the v20 firmware, (which I was able to download with no problems when I got the phone a month ago) but the phone says I have no new updates. I have not hacked my phone, and I own a Mac so I don't have the Ovi Suite program. Someone please tell me how to get it without hacking my phone.

Advisor
hea7enak

How about *#0000# ? does it work on ur phone or not? I'm not clear about mac too. mayb it doesn't support Ovi suit...

Counsellor
ReTek

If the next update should include the homescreen like the N97. I really would like to have that :smileyhappy:

Nokia 5530XM V30.0.009
Counsellor
aName

[ Edited ]

@ReTek Why not 3 homescreens with widgets :smileytongue:? This update makes the phone at least already a bit better...

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Black-Red
Advisor
hea7enak

Re: Nokia 5530 firmware v30.0.009 update (new home screen)

[ Edited ]

How about this home screen? Has anybody try it yet?  It has a lot of funtion such as music control , web , Mail , application shortcut , contact (set by person) and many more... i think it's better to use this .... 

Orange Tsunami HS - new desktop for Nokia 5800, 5530, X6, etc. Together with in-house sets and desk Tornado. 
Features: 
"The ability to collect your desktop; 
"Kinetic scrolling desktop; 
"Moderate use of memory. 

After installation Orange Tsunami HS turn into the main themes of the screen and use the theme OraTsu. 

please also install music player control...

after install go to home screen.. click ^ icon.. select 'Add a shortcut'& choose next track , prev track & play pause ... now home screen will show that widgets...

PS: your phone must be hack or you must to sign these SIS file...

I've already done with it... it's so fantastic than ever... 

If u interest go to this link : 

http://hea7enak.blogspot.com/2010/06/nokia-s60-v5-new-homescreen.html

For more info : hea7en.ak@ovi.com

Counsellor
ReTek

this look nice :smileytongue: but i don't wanna hack my phone & the new betalabs developments also will be availible for our cellphones :smileyhappy: Grtz A.
Nokia 5530XM V30.0.009
Advisor
hea7enak

I dont think so .. it's not develop by Nokia... but it's great than ever.... 

u can decide not to hack ur phone ... just sign that file... it's really easy...

Mobile Visionary

Hacking is not allowed on this site naturally as its against Nokias warranty .

Apps like that are often still with bugs  so no good complaining if it breaks your phone .

It is the users choice  more phone versus no warranty .

jje

Counsellor
ReTek

ill maybee try it. But can you uninstall it?
Nokia 5530XM V30.0.009
Registered Member
veljan

I tried to update with ovi, and with nsu, but during the update ht e connection is disconnecting, and then connect again, and it says to turn of the phone and connect again, but it does the same thing... help?

Why is disconnecting?

Mobile Visionary

mkgunner

i have the same problem as veljan, but i am using avast not nod32, not bitdefender... help pls!!! :smileyfrustrated:

Mobile Visionary

Turn off firewall and antivirus .

jje

mkgunner

IT'S THE SAME **bleep** AGAIN, I TURNED OFF ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL AND STILL DISCONNECTING  :smileymad:

Jirehx

after i updated my phone's software to v30. my music library isnt working properly anymore. everytime i refresh it, it stops to 76 then nothing happens. please reply. thank you.