Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 Firmware Update Problem

Contributor
idividedbyzero
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Firmware Update Problem

Hey, My nokia phone has the V50.0.005 Firmware but i read that v52.0.007 is the newest, when i try to update the phone the OVI Suite and the Nokia Update won't find the new one and say that i already have the newst, why is that and how can i solve this problem?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

That is because the availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also if the phone is Network locked, then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator.

...so wait and keep on checking till one is made available for your phone...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
idividedbyzero

oh i see, okay, thanks...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaibeeryadav

New update relese when come for 5800xm rm356.
I'm frm india.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Though its officially announced that a firmware update is on the way for Nokia 5800xm... NO dates have been specified..Keep on checking..

Please use plain text.
Finding_Andrei

[ Edited ]

I can not update my nokia 5800 xm code: 0575581 to the new firmware 52.0.002

Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Finding_Andrei

Unfortunately your 5800XM UK Red v5 0575581 remains upon v50.0.005 for some reason.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.

my nokia 5800 has a firmvare of 51.2.007 RM 428 but it show's that there is no update available on my nokia software updater.........it doesn't detect 3g signal when searched...pls help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Menu-->Settings-->Connectivity-->Network-->Network Mode..is it set to UMTS ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Where are you located? RM428 is the North American variant (also used on some networks in Australia). If you're anywhere else the chances are that it won't work because it's tuned to the wrong 3G frequency bands.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.