Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800: Kinetic Scrolling, other Homescree...

Contributor

Re: Nokia 5800: Kinetic Scrolling, other Homescreen. When? We are Desperate!

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure about this but check it out: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-4697
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Chuck09 

Yes it was very long back. Its not the new report. It is solved

Please use plain text.
Contributor

so there's a possibility then..
Please use plain text.

I just can't understand from whic POV or market strategy Nokia is holding back the kinetic scrolling update! They wanted to gain feedback on the new UI with the 5800, that's for sure, and we gave them, so they made the 5530, and we, the 5800 users got f*****! There is a difference, in price and in models, between the N97, the 5800 and the 5530, so ALL of them should have kinetic scrolling. KS is a normal thing for the touch operated mobile phones. If Nokia are worried about dropping the sales of let's say N97 after KS update on the 5800, they shouldn't be, cause the N97 has a higher price, and also physical keyboard, and the 5800 doesn't have one. So it's really just about anyone's taste. We need KS! To hell, every touch phone needs it! Last time i checked, iPhone 3G, 3Gs and the 2G, all have KS, but people buy it because of their difference in 3G or 2G. Here, in Macedonia where i'm from, the 3G network just started about a year ago, so i wouldn't mind if i had a 2G iPhone. I'll pick it without hesitation over the 3G, cause there isn't that big a difference (it doesn't make any difference to me), but i know that the OS is great! But i chose 5800, and i'm glad i have it, but wihout the KS, the OS is years back behind everyone :smileysad: Jeez, i open the Gravity app. just to feel the KS. Please give us the KS update Nokia! 

P.S. I'm sorry for my English 

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

TheRiddleR_ wrote:

I just can't understand from whic POV or market strategy Nokia is holding back the kinetic scrolling update! They wanted to gain feedback on the new UI with the 5800, that's for sure, and we gave them, so they made the 5530, and we, the 5800 users got f*****! There is a difference, in price and in models, between the N97, the 5800 and the 5530, so ALL of them should have kinetic scrolling. KS is a normal thing for the touch operated mobile phones. If Nokia are worried about dropping the sales of let's say N97 after KS update on the 5800, they shouldn't be, cause the N97 has a higher price, and also physical keyboard, and the 5800 doesn't have one. So it's really just about anyone's taste. We need KS! To hell, every touch phone needs it! Last time i checked, iPhone 3G, 3Gs and the 2G, all have KS, but people buy it because of their difference in 3G or 2G. Here, in Macedonia where i'm from, the 3G network just started about a year ago, so i wouldn't mind if i had a 2G iPhone. I'll pick it without hesitation over the 3G, cause there isn't that big a difference (it doesn't make any difference to me), but i know that the OS is great! But i chose 5800, and i'm glad i have it, but wihout the KS, the OS is years back behind everyone :smileysad: Jeez, i open the Gravity app. just to feel the KS. Please give us the KS update Nokia! 

P.S. I'm sorry for my English 

Frankly, I just do not understand all the hostility about this. All I expect is that all bugs get fixed. If I get kinetic scrolling in the process... great! The 5800 came out first. It was not originally intended to have kinetic scrolling. The fact that they added it to later phones is immaterial. As long as your phone does what was originally promised you have no reason to complain. You want and expect kinetic scrolling, buy another phone! No one should expect that any phone they buy from any manufacturer will later be upgraded (for free) to include features that were not originally promised.

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Do you guys know N97 & 5800 Hardware are same, only few changes. Camera and other few hardware. Rest is same.

Same features can be given to 5800 which are present in N97.

Just software/Firmware needs to be tweaked or modified to work.

Dont know what Nokia would be doing exectly in the New firmware for 5800.

Lets see what they will do in next firmware....

Only expectation, Suggession & request can be posted here on web, Rest Nokia will decide what to give and

what all needs to be rejected. Every one here gave the feedback and suggession & request.

Lets see what Nokia will be doing to support the Customer needs. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ivvine

I'm with you, but when.
We have been waiting a long time
no one explains anything
I have my doubts about news
home screen would be nice
the kinetic scroll would be great
Carrusell contact list, amazing
and all together would be unimaginable, so will be a real iphone killer.
But above all I hope to fix the bug with the alarm, and the browser

Anyway I guess that nokia will do what they want when they want
that if not discontinued on 5800XM

Sorry my English is not very good

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes My Friend puchuperro,

Many of them here have paid lot of money to buy Nokia 5800, Requesting for features in is a kind of right they are asking.

But Nokia always stick to there plan & feature enchantment. Its not only one team deciding about the new features

there is very big team they work together and finalize the new feature getting  added to a new firmwares.

Every one here have waited for such a long time, let hope some good come out from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

lvvine wrote:

Yes My Friend puchuperro,

Many of them here have paid lot of money to buy Nokia 5800, Requesting for features in is a kind of right they are asking.

But Nokia always stick to there plan & feature enchantment. Its not only one team deciding about the new features

there is very big team they work together and finalize the new feature getting  added to a new firmwares.

Every one here have waited for such a long time, let hope some good come out from Nokia.

Yes Ivvine  I agree with you.
However we are waiting from long time ago that a lot of mobile has launched in this period which have all the features in that we were waiting and hoping..
I do not think about most of Nokia fun who knows technology will not wait more and more. I believe we come and of our patience. And I believe Nokia should release what will happen in next firmware update.. Other wise most of us will have been left Nokia with another brands and softwares..
I am not against Nokia but I will not be fun of Nokia until when I die which all of other brands developing their selves..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@patruns:

Agreed 100% with your assessment. I think people threatening to boycott Nokia in the future if the 5800 doesn't get kinetic scrolling are overreacting a bit.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Here almost every one are customer to nokia, Nokia owns all the rights to respect the suggesitions provided by them here.

Nokia should come out with a best solution to the customers.

Unsatisifed Customers will Obviously move on with best alternate solutions. By throwing nokia down

I am not against Nokia, But every one here have waited so long to get best answer to it.

Now its Nokia's highest priroity to answer to all the 5800 customers. Now its Nokia should make customer happy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ivvine

I appreciate you.. 

Nokia must announce next firmware features..

All firmware discussions have a lot of rumor and assumptions. Please announce it, what features will be in new firmware or not for to close all of rumors..

Most of people are waiting with a admirable patience who have 5800 and who knows means about KS and HS..

I will appreciate everybody who will give us kudos 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

fkurtoglu wrote:
Nokia must announce next firmware features.. [...] Please announce it, what features will be in new firmware or not for to close all of rumors

It's unlikely that Nokia will ever do such a thing.

They don't even disclose changelogs after the firmware has been released (they consider that to be confidential information), so I can hardly see them announcing details of an update before ir's released. If you see anything that's been leaked then it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt because details may well be inaccurate so that Nokia can locate the leak by looking at the bits that are incorrect (they will know which inaccurate information they fed to which "mole" ).

The only exception to this is the N97, Nokia's flagship device last year. With the N900 now out, it's quite possible that no further details of the N97's updates will be released.

Everyone has to just wait and see. There's no point in spreading rumours about what will and will not be in the update, we just have to sit patiently and see what comes.
Message Edited by grschinon on 07-Jan-2010 04:07 PM

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

grschinon wrote:
Everyone has to just wait and see. There's no point in spreading rumours about what will and will not be in the update, we just have to sit patiently and see what comes.
Message Edited by grschinon on 07-Jan-2010 04:07 PM

You can wait my friend as you wish..

But I will not wait long time more. Either I will close my expactation nor change my phone which can close  my expectations..

Thank you..

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Dont know what is special logic of Nokia to keep the Changelog confidential.

Atleast the users should know what is fixed & what is new in the new firmware.

It would be helpful for the users to identify the problem that is fixed or still facing the problem.

Nokia break the silience and let the users know about the new 5800 firmware.

Every one here have waited for the answer, Come up with the Good one :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I think the reasoning behind the non-disclosure of changelogs is that people can find out what vulnerabilities are in phones that have not been updated - ie. nearly all phones in Europe at least since they are operator-branded and don't receive the update until weeks, sometimes months, after it has been released.

Of course, the same info is available on alternative websites, so Nokia is really closing the barn door long after the horse has bolted.

Please use plain text.

I agree that we all should wait and see what comes, but the waiting is killing us :smileyhappy: Anyway, other brands, and even Nokia improved their mobiles after complaints from the users, so that's why i hope for the best. As i saw earlier somewhere on the net today, there have been complaints about some parts (i think the back cover for the camera and something about the GPS) for the N97, and Nokia made a new back cover with lens cover, so they will probably answer the 5800 user prayer :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes waiting is Killing all, There is no sign coming from nokia side.

Atleast they should come up with an answer to it. Only waiting ..... waiting .... waiting ... & waiting .....

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
ravidavi

lvvine, I hope you have learned a lesson here.  Whether or not you have insider info about a Nokia firmware, do not go around these forums making claims of release dates or planned features.  By doing so you run the serious risk of denting your reputation by posting predictions that don't come true.  Several readers believed in your predictions since October, and how do you think that makes you look right now?

On the other hand, it's good to see that you are starting to see the reality of being a Nokia customer.  :smileyhappy:

Ravi

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

No Ravi its not the question of learning lesson, its not prediction of Firmware (I AM NOT AN Nastradamus TO PREDICT IT).

There is one for 5800,But lot of set back on it because some of it could not be fixed. But later only delay and

delay onupdate of it. Lot of customers are very desperate & they have been waiting for months. 

Nokia own all the rights to solve the customer issues. When all the 5800 customers are paying they should get it done.

I want to support each and every one here, who have spent valuable time for their request, Suggession..etc

No one can be taken for granted.

Please use plain text.