Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800: Kinetic Scrolling, other Homescree...

Advisor

Re: Nokia 5800: Kinetic Scrolling, other Homescreen. When? We are Desperate!

I think that this says all: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?fw5800xm - 10376 Signatures

There are many many 5800XM useres out there unhappy with there phone because it the frist touchscreen phone from nokia and dont have at least KS... that is simple function that is even on chipest phones...

I read lot of foruns and many many users sent sugestions to Nokia but till now it was useless....

Nokia think about it because if there is no firmware 40 with KS and new HS and bug correction i think that you gona lose many many clients... Nexus is here SE is becoming strong, even Samsung give KS for Omnia with firmware update......

Stop making clones and clones of 5800 and focus on 5800 it self. in my opinion 5230 and 5232 are useless....

If you agree with me Kudo this message.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Hello nandeco

Do you think Nokia will care of those Petition will it make any diffrence to such a big company ?

Its good thing, but it should work. It should not go waste. :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Dear All,

I believe all companies has to care about any single customer too.. 

I hope Nokia will take action ASAP. Because most of unsustainable us who capable about technology and who can effect his/her closely behavior.. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

If anyone is tired of hearing people whine about not having features that were never promised to them when they bought their phone, please hit the kudos button.  :smileywink:

PS: I saw the same complaining in the HP forums asking why HP won't offer an upgrade from Windows Mobile 5 to 6.1. Most had no idea if they even needed it, just that they wanted it because it is cooler and newer.

I have a suggestion for Nokia too: Offer enhancements, but charge for them. If I really want it, I will pay for it. (But please, continue to provide bug fixes.)

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all... long time reader ... first time poster ...

All i have to say is don't just listen to ppl like IVVINE or any other person who claim to have "info" ...

I will very honestly tell you that I have no connection watsoever with nokia ( I'm not going to say expect very good news and finally say i hope there is an update) ... Im just a REALIST ...

Here's the deal... when 5630 came out with a Contact bar, did all the other FP2 owners start hoping for the same ... NO  

Will there ever be a 5800 update ? Definately ... phones keep receiving updates for up2 2 years ( read n95 8gb ) ... But to expect new features would be nothing short of fool's hope ...

Here is one thing you can take for given ... there will be no KS or updated HS ... there will be updates with bug fixes but no more no less ...

And i'm not going to say i'd never buy a nokia again ... but yes, 5800 beta testers (read customers) have been short-changed ... but one thing for sure, my next device will definately not be a Nokia ( even in the eventuality that Nokia turns a new leaf and offers KS and an actual useablle HS and even widgets) ... Cos I'm not going to pre-order a phone and wait for over a year for Nokia to actually make it useable ...

Thank you for taking the time out to read this rather long reply ... 

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

k4ce wrote:

All i have to say is don't just listen to ppl like IVVINE or any other person who claim to have "info" ...

I will very honestly tell you that I have no connection watsoever with nokia ( I'm not going to say expect very good news and finally say i hope there is an update) ... Im just a REALIST ...

Here's the deal... when 5630 came out with a Contact bar, did all the other FP2 owners start hoping for the same ... NO  

Will there ever be a 5800 update ? Definately ... phones keep receiving updates for up2 2 years ( read n95 8gb ) ... But to expect new features would be nothing short of fool's hope ...

Here is one thing you can take for given ... there will be no KS or updated HS ... there will be updates with bug fixes but no more no less ...

And i'm not going to say i'd never buy a nokia again ... but yes, 5800 beta testers (read customers) have been short-changed ... but one thing for sure, my next device will definately not be a Nokia ( even in the eventuality that Nokia turns a new leaf and offers KS and an actual useablle HS and even widgets) ... Cos I'm not going to pre-order a phone and wait for over a year for Nokia to actually make it useable ...

Long time reader? Your profile says that you registered today......................

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WoodyWoodsta

patruns wrote:

k4ce wrote:

Long time reader? Your profile says that you registered today......................

Doesn't mean he can't read it 

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Red V52.0.007

Hit the Kudos if I helped!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

please nokia release a new firmware

for your phone nokia 5800

its your best phone

and the best phone out there.................

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CharlieDee

It's in their best interest alright! Have a look at their stocks since the October prediction of the release of SAID Firmware http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Nokia_(NOK)/WikiChart

And look at this http://www.cellular-news.com/story/printer/41279.php Symbian doesn't even make it in lol

Hard Times ahead for Nokia I dare say :smileytongue:

Let's see how long this post stays up lol

I just Do, Because, I Can!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WoodyWoodsta

I would really really like to know what Nokia's game plan is exactly at the moment because by the looks of it, I'm not sure its working...

Please use plain text.

It has been more than 8 months, all blogs are writing about the kinetic scrolling on 5800 without much understanding. All these gossips created hopes in all 5800 owners.

Q: Why we have this hope in mind?

A: The homescreen of 5800 is dumb compared to the latest handsets.

Nokia is definitely a leader in world mobile market but their deafness towards the 5800 kinetic scrolling demand is not tolerable anymore. I donot find Nokia guys writing about it's possibilities. If it is not possible to bring better homescreen in 5800 then stop our expectation by declaring it. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WoodyWoodsta

Shaan_se wrote:

It has been more than 8 months, all blogs are writing about the kinetic scrolling on 5800 without much understanding. All these gossips created hopes in all 5800 owners.

Q: Why we have this hope in mind?

A: The homescreen of 5800 is dumb compared to the latest handsets.

Nokia is definitely a leader in world mobile market but their deafness towards the 5800 kinetic scrolling demand is not tolerable anymore. I donot find Nokia guys writing about it's possibilities. If it is not possible to bring better homescreen in 5800 then stop our expectation by declaring it. 

I totally agree. Nokia should change their slogan at this rate. They don't seem to be pretty connected as far as I'm concerned lol.

BTW, its not as if the Nokia 5800 can't support KS - just download OperaMobile beta 2 and see for yourself. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ragetek

WoodyWoodsta wrote:

I totally agree. Nokia should change their slogan at this rate. They don't seem to be pretty connected as far as I'm concerned lol.

BTW, its not as if the Nokia 5800 can't support KS - just download OperaMobile beta 2 and see for yourself. 

not only opera mobile!

Resco Photo Viewer 5, Gravity, Nimbuzz, hell even nokia beta labs applications IMAGE ExCHANGE and Nokia Photo Browser...

come on nokia give us the update, its been way too late already!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Actually there are already a lot of apps that use kinetic scrolling like has already been mentioned.

And there are more like tunewiki, spb weather,...

A few days ago Hanghai Menu Launcher was released, that enables you to slide between menus using kinetic.

Works fine for a 1st release.

About the homescreen i know at leat 5 or 6 developed by modders.

And they are "working" now on kinetic.

Nokia doesn't give a s*** about 5800 users but they forget 5800 community is huge, since it's nokia best selling phone...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

Some interesting tweets from Eldar (Mobile Review) who for years now always has Nokia scoops first.

'Next FW for 5800 4.10 wont add kinetic scrolling. I think that Nokia wont implement this feature on 5800. Ahhh'

'5800 4.1 update, some clarification. I have still beta version without widgets, kinetic scrolling.In 1st versions it was.No sign now'

'Lol, just received FW 4.1 (1) with widgets; latest 4.1 (5) without widgets :smileysad: '

Somethings on it's way then.

Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Last post from eldar

"Finally. 5810 04.1 will have kinetic scrolling but no widgets like N97. FW is like 5530 and other products of last time. 2-4 weeks to go"

To be honest, kinetic is the only thing that matters to me. I couldn´t care less about the homescreen or the browser as i use opera mini and skyfire (when released).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WoodyWoodsta

andepinto1 wrote:

Last post from eldar

"Finally. 5810 04.1 will have kinetic scrolling but no widgets like N97. FW is like 5530 and other products of last time. 2-4 weeks to go"

To be honest, kinetic is the only thing that matters to me. I couldn´t care less about the homescreen or the browser as i use opera mini and skyfire (when released).

I agree... I'm not crazy about the homescreen but I think that no kinetic scrolling on a touch screen device is a let down... 

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

andepinto1 wrote:

Last post from eldar

5810? Does this apply to the 5800? What official Nokia source are you quoting?

Please use plain text.
Sage
CJSS5

Version 3 will offer capabilities such as a multipage home screen and HD video support, with backing for files of more than 2 GB. One-click connectivity in version 3 provides a simpler connection dialog. Also featured is remote contact lookup, via a plug-in framework and HDMI support for audio, video and images.
Symbian3 is progressing nicely, and at the same time Symbian^4 is starting to build up a substantial contribution plan with already 60 Package Features. Version 4 is primarily known for a "complete overhaul" of the UI environment but also features a reference implementation of the ECAM camera API from ISB.

said Victor Palau, a member of the Symbian release team

http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/inews/4972A2FCB3C01767CC2576A700756920

CJSS IT & Multimedia Solutions
http://cjss.eu.org

Was I Helpful? Please Kudos (To Kudos press the green star on the left, thanks.)
Please use plain text.
Sage
CJSS5

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software version 31.0.101 released

This software release comes with an advanced e-mail application, an improved navigation experience, and several performance improvements. With Nokia Messaging, you can quickly set up and use your e-mail accounts using an application that is optimised for mobile e-mail. An enhanced version of Ovi Maps 3.0 is also included. To get this software through your device, key *#0000# into your phone´s home screen. Select Options > Check for updates, and follow the on-screen prompts. Alternatively, this software release is available through the Nokia Software Updater.

CJSS IT & Multimedia Solutions
http://cjss.eu.org

Was I Helpful? Please Kudos (To Kudos press the green star on the left, thanks.)
Please use plain text.