Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 Software Update Problem

ralucav
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Software Update Problem

My 5800 says that there is another software available (v52) but when I try to update it by pc it doesn't find any updates. I have v50.

What can i do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia 5800 Software Update Problem

[ Edited ]

ralucav wrote:

My 5800 says that there is another software available (v52) but when I try to update it by pc it doesn't find any updates. I have v50.

@ralucav

Welcome to the forum!

Have you also tried on device Menu > Applications > SW update and keying in *#0000# on dialler > Options > Check for updates?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
ralucav

I can't connect to the internet right now, so i can't update the software with my 5800. I thought I can do this with my PC. But i guess I have to wait until I am able to connect my phone to the internet. Thank you for your suggestion. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

If the OVI Suite doesn't work.. sometimes the Nokia Software Updater does..

...you may download from..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

... or there may not be any Update available for your phone.. You may confirm here..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LauraL

Nokia 5800 Software Problem after the update

[ Edited ]

After the last update on my Nokia 5800 my phone became annoying. I can't answer a call from my touchscreen, only using the buttons; the large touchscreen keyboard disappeared; I can't turn off my alarms (only postpone them) unless my keyboard is unlocked. When these problems will be solved? Thank you.

I forgot to mention my latest update version is 51.0.006.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fredmarktwo

I tried that and I get 'connection error'

aspergerguy wrote:

ralucav wrote:

@ralucav

Welcome to the forum!

Have you also tried on device Menu > Applications > SW update and keying in *#0000# on dialler > Options > Check for updates?

Please use plain text.
earlliu

I have problem updating my software.. it can't update by phone so im using nokia pc suite.. when updating it always says "The Nokia suite update service is curretly unavailable". Is there really a version 63.0.0.3?  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The latest version is 60.0.003

Try the Nokia_Suite.

BTW make sure your PC is connected to Internet and yes, sometimes there is a real problem with the Nokia Servers..so re-try after sometime...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ovishare

what is the new in nokia 5800 v60.0.03 update ?
Plz inform me by m.facebook.com/v2kmagic007
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

New Browser (v7.3.1.33),  Swipe to Unlock..

Whether the Nokia Maps v3.06 is embedded within the Firmware or not is not confirmed..

Please use plain text.
SGummybear

after I updated my phone to 60.0.003, my screen shows moving arrows and I can't types anymore. How could I solve this?

Please use plain text.
sujan123

my software version is 52.0.007 m not being able to update my 5800 xpressmusic. i tried keying *#0000# it shows that no new update is available where as the software update app in my cell phone shows the update. pc suit also doesnot show the update how can i update my phone now?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sujan123 wrote:

my software version is 52.0.007 m not being able to update my 5800 xpressmusic. i tried keying *#0000# it shows that no new update is available where as the software update app in my cell phone shows the update. pc suit also doesnot show the update how can i update my phone now?

What updates it is listing ? May be for some applications ..and not for the firmware itself..

Note that availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for Network locked devices, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. So, if both FOTA and the Nokia Suite is not showing any availability then in all probabilities you will not get it anytime because its too long a time (more than 18 months) since the last update was released.

Please use plain text.
sujan123

[ Edited ]

i tried updating from my cell phone but it says update vai pc n m not being able to update vai pc as the pc suit doesnot show the update. i bought the cell phone from Nepal n m using it in india right now. its not network locked either,  are there any other way to update?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try the latest Nokia Suite .. or ask a local Nokia Care facility if they will be able to help you .

Please use plain text.