Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 XM V30 software - Nokia Tech Help

Nokia 5800 XM V30 software - Nokia Tech Help

I've waiting for nigh on 3 weeks for Nokia Tech Help to contact me about a number of issues and finally today they did contact me.

I explained that I was initially unable to download thesoftware download software but that was an issue with my pc which I've since resolved. I explained this to him and that I'd managed to download the V21 software but that this has caused further issues with my phone, like the phone memory being gobbled up quickly and my access to Google on the internet failing and freezing.

He didn't know why but suggested that I download V30 software which might help.

I told him I'd heard mention of V30 but that I didn't think it was available yet in the UK.

He told me that it was and to download if first before getting back to them.  He told me that it was defintely available for UK 5800XM.

Do you think I can find it?

Correct...........no.  I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody help please?

This seems to be typical of the help I've received from Nokia so far (I've only had the phone since June and I've had more problems than I had with previous HTC phones in 4 years)!!!!

Next to useless.

Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

V30.0 for 5800XM available via FOTA so update it from your mobile. Good luck...
If you like my post then give me "Kudos" star...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

V30 has not yet been released in the UK. not by FOTA or the NSU. In fact it's very rare that the UK gets any FOTA updates so we are always left waiting.

Nokia UK really seems to have dropped the ball on updates recently making us wait up to 2 months after everywhere else.  V20 was 2 months late, v21 was 3 weeks late.  All you can do is wait for nokia UK to pull their fingers out and release it.  Calling them is a waste of time as all you will get is an uninformed reply from a script reading waste of space.

I didn't have memory or google issues in v21, perhaps the problem is being caused by a 3rd party application installed on your phone?

Please use plain text.
Sage

So v30 isn't available in the UK? Strange how I've got it on my 5800 & I live in the UK.

I personally would say to the original OP, if you're phone is working correctly on the original firmware then leave alone, if it ain't broke don't fix! 

As for NUK's techical support the less said the better, especially after following their instructions mine turned into a brick and to be quiet honest it would have been much more useful as a brick in a wall than a phone, because it's useless.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

warren_g, which product code does your 5800 have?

V30 has not been released yet for the generic UK red model which is the most common.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The blue ones are more often than not EURO1 variants, not UK-specific, so they do get the updates earlier.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

It's a blue one, which I bought sim-free from the Nokia Shop in Guildford.

Software version

V30.0.011

Software version date

29-06-09

Custom version

30.0.011.C02.01

Language set

Model

5800 Express Music

Type

RM-356

Message Edited by warren_g on 14-Aug-2009 12:00 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Thats not your product code and doesn't really tell us much at all.

The product code is the seven digit number under the battery that starts with 05.

Edit:  With it being the blue one you probably have the Euro 1 model as mentioned by grschinon. 

Message Edited by psychomania on 14-Aug-2009 12:01 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage

By Code do you mean this one?

Code: 0559346

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That's actually the "British Isles" variant. I have no idea how it differs from the UK CV but suspect that it lacks UK-specific preinstalled content such as the BBC iPlayer.

Only the UK CV phones seem to lag behind the rest of Europe.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Thats the one.

You have the British Isles blue variant of the phone.  Not quite the same as the UK variant but it's still annoyingly odd how it gets the firmware before the standard UK models.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Now that was quick GRS! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arnavzz

I just updated to the v30 and now my shortcuts bar is not working anymore. It does not display the icons anymore. Updated it again but still not working:smileysad:  any help??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Just lucky timing :smileyhappy:

I hope my timing is just as good tomorrow morning so I don't miss buses and trains...

Please use plain text.
Sage

Well if you've got V21 on your phone don't upgrade, it's a waste of time.

More random freezes or lockouts.

No improvements in camera quality.

Still woeful file handling

Rotation is jerky & very slow.

Never had a phone as bad as this, you'd think that Nokia would try and contact those of us who are having nothing but trouble with them to try & resolve the problems.

Please use plain text.