Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 XM software version 51.2.007 ?

Advisor

Nokia 5800 XM software version 51.2.007 ?

[ Edited ]

Is this true? I used software update and it still saiz no new version available.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software version 51.2.007 released
This software release comes with an improved browser, improved video calls, and a new version of Mail for Exchange. There are also general performance improvements. To get this software through your device, type in *#0000# on the home screen or go to Device Manager. Select Options > Check for updates and follow the on-screen prompts. Alternatively, this software release is available through the Nokia Software Updater.

Seen this here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/news

Or this is same as 51.0.006 but just for some model no?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia 5800 XM software version 51.2.007 ?

Is probably the same but different product number. The number difference is just slight. Usually they release small number changes like these if the regional firmware had lots of bugs.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
neerajvohra

No, its for the 5800xm Navigation edition phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ClassicDragRace

No!

I checked with Nokia 5800 XM Navigation Edition and still it says that 51.0.006 is last firmware...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guys,

I am not able to update the latest version. My xm's software version is v40.2.005. Software updater says my phone already has the latest version. I appreciate if you tell me how you update the latest version.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JadeN

@ chachan05 regarding #3, you can always change your phone's code to fit the region you are in and thus receiving the update.

Btw, you reasons are valid.
Best Regards,

Jade
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Jaden - regarding your response, changing the product code will invalidate warranty and is not allowed for discussion in these boards. Furthermore, you will lose special unique apps that came with the special edition firmware.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
plzletmein

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kookiekan

Guys ilive in the uk and all my friends in india av said they got update v51.0.07 but i didnt in uk.

Ps im with 3 and my phone is red code 0575581  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alihassan5

If someone has recently updated to V51 could u post its product code please?? V50 is totaly rubbish. I treid to downgrade to V4 but it didnt work :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitto2222

countries like India, new release will be soon so that if any major issues, nobody will sue Nokia, unlike other countries. Ones, nokia find it stable, then they release to other countries where they are afraid of getting sued!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hykorn

RM-356 but i only updated to 51.0.006 instead of 51.2.007...kinetics have been improved i think
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
siddharthpune

i am using RM-356 XM. even after using nokia software updater or *#0000# it shows no update available. any idea when will be the update launched for india and Rm-356 type

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

RM-428 have given the latest update that id 51.2.007, its for LTA,US,Brazil version.

Its not for other regions like EURO,APAC.EMEA,MENA, its just a same as 51.0.006 (RM-356).

RM-428 has few changes in the firmware related to specific region.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ronsampat

Downgrading the firmware is not posible.

This would kill ur phone

Please use plain text.
dontlike2pay

im with vodafone uk and got v51.0.006 software version date is 9th july 2010. Don't believe any improvement done to browser. And it doesn't work with facebook places. Its a known issue on nokia official site that coding error couldn't pick up any thing as facebook trying to locate you to check in. Waiting v52 as its out on nokia site but not available with vodafone yet.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
THUSAA009

I am in Australia and still stuck with firmware v31. For 14 months now. No point having a phone and unable to update. I know its my service providers fault.

Had enough. Bye bye nokia after 12 years. I feel Nokia can do something about it by giving a nudge to the providers here who dont give a damn.

Switching to HTC 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cMak71

download latest s/w from ur mobile and not by connecting to ur pc...it worked with me..

Please use plain text.
sanchezbhardwaj

Hie Guys

Just wanted to share i just updated ma Phone to Version 52.0.007 my previous was 51.0.006

i stay in India but i still needs to figure it out wht all changes are there and performance related changes as weell.. needs to be explored hope something better there but Nokia needs to give moree to Nokia 5800 as it is a great phone just needs to enhanced

Please use plain text.