Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006

Sage
shoubhik

i was expectin ovi maps and music to be updated in this firmware. But it didn't happen! I still got 'em as optional updates!!... The n97 touch vibration is gone.. I personally found tht better though..:smileyvery-happy: the speed is good.. RDS is workin again.. In v50 there seemed a bug in RDS. It was not workin properly most of the times.. Its working fine now..:smileyhappy:
Music refreshin rate is superb now..
Browser, i cnt tell much difference.. Though shifin back and forth pages by pressin back has deterirated..
I found a minor bug in the option menu.. In the line of "show apps" the halo icon has a white bakground which is not lookin good..:smileysad:
Rest i guess these guys are more concerned of updatin the security of the mobile than anythin else..

A question, can the unhacked phone have a malware or virus without my installin it and do harm in any ways.. I know abt corruptin the memory card and stuff, but other than that?? Pls help..
Regards,
Dr. Shoubhik
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atac29

Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006

Hi.

I want to know why Nokia left out the feature for searching in your music (all songs) since the kinetic scrolling was introduced?!

I hoped that with this new update the feature would be back on..It was really helpful and nice to find immediate the song not to "scroll" all your music...

But I can't find it anywhere..It was in the menu of songs->all songs->options...Does anyone know why Nokia missed it out?!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

Now you can find your music in search application
Please use plain text.
beechoo8

Hello everyone,

The RDS function still doesn't work here in france.

What annoys me is that my phone now randomly recognize my 16go micro sd card.

I can't copy music to the phone as i did before with ovi suite.

Ovi suite tries to copy the musical files on the internal memory !!!

My SMSs randomly appear too.

My girlfriend sent me a message two days ago. I was only able to retrieve it this afternoon...

I hope Nokia either fix the firmware or Ovi suite, or both !!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atac29

Tks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

same problem in the turkey here ... RDS is not working..

Shame on you nokia... 

Please use plain text.
Sage
zebarnabe

RDS works for me ... but takes around 3 mins to get the station name (without touching the phone and just listening to the radio) .... no matter if reception is good or 'bad' ...also ... from all the times it worked i had bluetooth active and it didn't always worked...  funny.... 

Radio application looks very buggy... i had all kinds of problems with it... though i didn't reset the phone ...

About battery issues ... i had some when i upgraded to v30 .... i suggest you hard reset the phone and reinstall the firmware .... also.... format the memory card (for several times the culprit was the memory card for me - start the phone without the memory card and check if battery is drained).... remember to save all the info you want before you do this...

About memory card issues ... i had those from time to time .... 5800 corrupts memory card data from time to time depending on it's usage... my sugestion for that ... format the memory card on computer card reader... and try again.... but before that check the memory card electrical contacts and try to clean phone sd slot (do not use pressurized air nor metallic stuff - a good blow should take the dust from it) ... if have the tools use them to check the health of the memory card on a PC ... memory card can be really damaged... :/

Hope it helps ...

I wonder if radio application will get fixed after hard reset my phone (and possibly reinstall firmware) ... *sigh* what a pain .... 

5800xm on a blender ... will happen sooner than expected.... v51 is a failure as an update .... v52 just postponed its fate....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
inteldouble07

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006 and ovi maps 3.04 update

[ Edited ]

updated my firmware today but my phone was locking up so had to hard reset then format the memory card and now all seems fast and nice.

but am having trouble understanding something

my phone was completely fresh nothing installed and my phone memory was 12mb used and 74mb free which i thought was great!

but after updating my ovi maps from the pre installed 3.03 to 3.04 my phone memory went to 27mb used and 59mb free

ovi maps 3.03   phone memory    12mb used 74mb free

ovi maps 3.04   phone memory     27mb used 59mb free

so when i updated did it not remove the older version and replace it with the newer? maybe just adding a mb or 2 for updated features? why has it used so much more space?

the rest of my phone memory looks like this-

411b    calender

22kb    contacts

799b    messages

0b         images

0b         sound files

0b         video clips

180b    documents

0b        midp apps

13mb   sis apps --------- im guessing this is ovi maps

15mb   other files ??? -- but what is this? i cant locate the files using file manager

any help in understanding would be greatly appreciated.

sitting here writing this i had a thought, nokia has embedded ovi maps into the phone so you cant uninstall it! maybe when you update it, it will keep a backup of the original embedded version which in this case is 3.03 so if you removed the update it would revert back. why they didn't install version 3.04 i just dont know. please if anyone can shed any light or knows if this theory is correct or knows where the backup is stored i would like to delete it so please feel free to post a reply or helpfull solution.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shadowninty

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006 and ovi maps 3.04 update

@inteldouble Nope Nokia **bleep**ed this update up real good No Ovi Maps 3.04 in Core Instead I had to waste 10mb of ROFS2 space to have 3.04 in Z:\
EU FTW
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skinnies19

I am having problems browsing the internet using the brower and I can not access ovi store. I tried to update the software but I am only seeing v21.0.25. Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a_kalyar

bro i when i start update through nokia ovi software an error occurred when 135 b downlod complete

that download of the variento
pakegefailed. most probrbly there is non comercial software in your mobile phone.
so what can i do?????/// plzzzzzzzzz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a_kalyar

bro i when i start update through nokia ovi software an error occurred when 135 b downlod complete

that download of the variento
pakegefailed. most probrbly there is non comercial software in your mobile phone.
so what can i do?????/// plzzzzzzzzz help

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am from Bangalore,INDIA. Wish you all indian happy independence day.

1) Previously i was bugged by screen flickering and bad pixel till v50.
2)I dont know what RDS, please can any tell me what is this ? But i do know one thing radio does not work for me after i use gprs data service. It means that all radio station goes off and only one sound comes like when you are out of range. After i restart mobile, all radio station works fine.
3)I have to press 8 to 9 times to open any application in v50. Lets see in v51 touch senses.
4)To turn screen i need to bend up 90 degree. Still same.
5) yes , i do experience little increased speed
6) After i connect internet my mobile restart every time.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the vibration while locking n unlocking is gone.....i liked the vibration thing better tho!! cud b sure that it had locked while i was did it when the display was idle.

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

@jayray
The vibration still exists.its doesn't vibrate everytime but..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
minko_t

browser started to show a sign for full memory, no other aplications runing, before this update never had this problem in the same sites, i am sure that no other applications are runing while browsing in same sites as ever
Please use plain text.
Advisor
minko_t

really hope next update comes with s^2 upgrade .... Symbian 1 prety slow and iresponsive, actually one of the worst user exeperiences i have ever seen ... I feel like it is never really going to work properly it is flawed in the foundation
Please use plain text.
rsx4

Hi all,

Nokia 5800 v51.0.006 is available via OTA. Can anyone let me know if update from v40 to v51 is correct way or should I first update it to v50 and then, to v51?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You can skip updates. Doesnt really matter even if you upgrade to v51 direct from v11.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

If you are doing it OTA (via phone) it is practically impossible to jump from v40 to v51.it is so because OTA update just makes changes or adds features to the existing version whereas Nsu method reinstalls firmware from scratch..
Please use plain text.