Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006

Registered Member
Guybrush

@ maha14: had the same problem. your phone needs a softreset! it worked for me!

Please use plain text.
dmunky666

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

Im with Virgin Mobile in the UK, for some reason the phone will not update to the new version of firmware V51 either through the phone or while connected to the computer

They have sent me out a new phone incase it was a problem, but even the new one wont update...Im having problems with the phone deleting the characters from a sms message which is really frustrating and also on the web browser it wont let me enter anything into a field to put a user name or password in...

Ive read this entire thread and tbh im getting upset with Nokia not allowing me to update the phone!!

If anyone can help me in the mean time to get this updated before Virgin call me back to say they will send me out another phone then great...if not then im going to go back to a Blackberry as I never had one problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Virgin is blocking the update. You cant update because you are using a Virgin branded phone and likely Virgin has not yet approved the update for their 5800s. In other words, you wont get the update as long as you are on Virgin...XD
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
dmunky666

[ Edited ]

Chan Chan, thanks very much for that...

Now I know when they ring me I will tell them I dont want another nokia phone from them!! I will go to a blackberry now!!!!

Sorry Nokia it aint your fault, but im not hacking my phone and risking losing warranty through my provider and nokia, but Ill have to get a phone which im going to happy using that wont have these problems!!

VIRGIN ARE **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Note: Language edited. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amitava5800

i have tried to did the update but since then my phone behave differently.......exmple-restart frequently,sim registration failed ..........camera didnot working.........but front camera working......plz help me out..........

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shadowninty

@DMunky, dont get a BB seriously! Hack your phone with a CFW, there is nothing to be afraid of, I recommend you try the ported C6 FW by PNHT for 5800/5530. Then get a nice Droid in a few months instead :smileyhappy: Desire : €400 = BARGAIN Wave is nice too if your not an app guy @All, go to forum.PNHT.org and try the C6 FW. Its excellent! :smileyvery-happy:
EU FTW
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaylie7

my screen on my 5800 seems to crash when the lockkey slider it goes all covered in lines and when i switch it off and back on the nokia logo does not appear but a grey line please help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gaffyboy1234

I need help about update. I created a nokia profile on my nokia5800 and when i tried to update it tells me that there's no update available. My current version is version 21.0.025. Pls how will go about it. Any help pls
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

can anyone help me , i have nokia 5800 and version installed 30 and 51 is now available but my phone is not showing any update or version 51 only showing 30 version that was already installed in my phone ,help me out how to update ........
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have nokia 5800 and version installed 30 and 51 is now available but  my phone is not showing any update or version 51 only showing 30 version that was already installed in my phone ,help me out how to update ........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

can anyone help me , i have nokia 5800 and version installed 30 and 51 is now available but  my phone is not showing any update or version 51 only showing 30 version that was already installed in my phone ,help me out how to update ........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
evanovi

I believe that the solution that was in the v50 firmware that was described as

-Workaround for Niagara (SMD) display module for DFS52.50 based products

that corrected the display problem with some 5800 devices is not present in the v51

The problem has reappeared for me the day I updated.

Any one notices the same thing?

Please use plain text.
rushiblue

I reside in spain. mobile operator service orange. i contracted my 5800xm  in sep'09.

i regularly check for updates but it have'nt showed any firmware update after v21.0.025, where as v30, v40, v50, v51 are already out (one of my co-worker has already updated). i checked on nokia website entering the product code, it says v21.0.... is the latest updated firmware available for my phone.

strange i can't understand, i thought it would have been the country, where the update was'nt available yet, but i was wrong it might be operator now, not sure. 

I would be thankful if any body can update me on these.

i have already tried these things - reset, hard reset, reinstalling software through pc with latest nokia ovi suite. my wifi connections are working perfectly. *·#0000# and update it connects and shows no update available, checked updating through ovi suite, same no updates available.

finally, if i get no solution I will give up nokia and look ahead for black berry, i guess.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shadowninty

For those who cannot update to V51, go here: forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?board=78.0
EU FTW
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My problem after updating is with the dialer during a call (I needed to enter a number option). When I press dialer it shows for a split second and then black screen. When I use the side unlock slider the screen shows again for a split second and again black screen. I can still carry on with the call but can't get back to the screen to end it! I have to switch off the phone!

Please use plain text.
DaveGordon

nagendranr24 wrote: "While using ovi store mobile website,after the browser switches to fullscreen mode,when i try to comeback to normal mode,the options and back buttons disappear!!"

This is a feature. The buttons were taking up too much of the browser's screen area, so now they disappear whenever possible. However, you should see a double-headed-diagonal-arrow symbol overlaid on the bottom right of the web page; touch that, and the browser controls will reappear for a while.

Please use plain text.
DaveGordon

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006 and ovi maps 3.04 update

You have Ovi Maps 3.03 in ROM -- it's part of the image you flashed. That isn't (and can't be) selectively replaced when you install Maps 3.04 as a download. The new version goes into your C: drive, which is a separate area from the firmware (AKA the Z: drive). However, subsequent updates won't result in more copies; after the first, each update will replace the previous version on the C: drive.

So there isn't a backup of the original that you can delete; the original is simply a permanent part of the ROM image. It's the new version that's consuming space on your C: drive, not a backup of the old one. If you want, you can uninstall the version on C: and recover the space; the original version will still be available from the ROM.

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

My problem is,even after pressing the double arrow,all the buttons below disappear!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mokee92

[ Edited ]

hey does any1 know whats wrong....the US site says v51 is latest but i can't seem to update....stuck on v40.....and when i checked in can i update...it says...latest for me is v31...

wat's wrong? :smileysad:

my phone is unlocked..and i live in US

Please use plain text.