since I've updated my 5800 XM to the newest firmware, the music player didn't work anymore. I can't update the music library, when it starts, it hangs and does nothing. I've heard about that in some forums already, but is there a solution? Thanks for help!
1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to “Show” hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select “Show hidden files and Folder”
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.
does anybody know why my suface of my 5800 hasn't been improved (they made the dialler and the querty black) although I've installed all available updates?
Hello Dear Friends
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music V60.0.003 (Custom Version 60.0.003.C01.01 )
My Question to all other Guys is that " Does anyone is getting Color lines display "
If then there is bug in that software version 60
You can try Reinstalling the Firmware v60.0.003 yourself thru' NSU or Nokia suite.
BTW have you got the Display replaced anytime in the past ?
No, I haven't done my Phone Display replacement.
Sorry to hear about your problem
Can you send me a private message your IMEI number, this will enable me to assist you further.
Thanks for your advance cooperation
Friends, I think V60 in 5800 is not Good. I have installed this v60 firmware but its not good.
it has Symbian Anna Browser. Which use lots of memory. its always saming memory full . close some allpications.
Can anybody help me? i want to install v50 or v52.
13-12-2011 6:51 - edited 13-12-2011 6:52
Its a good practice to Soft Reset the phone after a Firmware update. So, back-up your data and then dial *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default Security Code..unless changed by you) when prompted. Be warned that this will erase all data from the Phone Memory and you will need to restore data and MAY have to re-install a few applications...but its worth an effort. You should also get the Maps v 3.06 thru' Software updates after this.
I was getting the same error after the Update..but NO more after the Reset...
BTW, you can not Roll-back the Firmware...
Yes , Friend .... You are correct
V60 is not good. Even i observed after 900KB download it says close some application.
Earlier its was 4.5 MB was this limit for browser then it use to promopt to close other browser.
but now its not even 1 MB.
And do you face color display issue.... my 3 more friends are faceing same problem after update of v60...it looks now it has more bug then V52.
21-10-2012 20:11 - last edited on 22-10-2012 6:57 by Kosh
i have a 5800 xm.first i want nokia don t give it up to the symbian system.prepare s60v7.different style with different clock and a player like winamp or ttpod and finally accuwheater for a few days.the new digital and analogic clock a good player make and a interface who let user to choice where put ico in user interface and keep the traditonal menu of nokia will be the return of symbian.make in system start user interface 9 pages where the user can arrange and rearrange the icon.
Second we wait the new uptdate from 5800.think about what i write.windows i phone and htc android wins just because have a graphic cool interface.yes the ram and cpu matter.sow you don t beleieve me??make a nokia model with a new symbian with all thing i ask.100 prototype and if user who tested like it and buy it i win.
And i need a file because i deleted in C:\private\100059c9\excludelist.txt for nokia 5800 blue Romanian default language rm 356 v60.0.003.if someone have that file send me a PM please.
* note; removed private information, publishing this to a public forum is not advised.