Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006

Registered Member
oleole

Re: Nokia 5800 firmware update v51.0.006

Hi there,

since I've updated my 5800 XM to the newest firmware, the music player didn't work anymore. I can't update the music library, when it starts, it hangs and does nothing. I've heard about that in some forums already, but is there a solution? Thanks for help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to “Show” hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select “Show hidden files and Folder”
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
flokoopmans

hi everybody,

does anybody know why my suface of my 5800 hasn't been improved (they made the dialler and the querty black) although I've installed all available updates?

:-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music V60.0.003 (Custom Version 60.0.003.C01.01 )

Hello Dear Friends

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music V60.0.003 (Custom Version  60.0.003.C01.01 )

• Recently I have update to V60 using PC suite updater on 2nd-Nov-2011
  • Soon after that I started getting color display lines when ever I get any new ms or unlock my phone.
  • I went to Nokia Care , and I explained them that I have update to software on 2nd Nov 2011, and after that  I started getting color lines display very frequently, I asked to update software once again for same version. Then lady went inside repair room and came back & said OK we will update.
  • Soon after 10 min they said its display is faulty . It need to be replaced. Then I have asked Nokia care person to update same version again. They said they do not have V60 and they have only v52 then i asked them to update old version. they said , it can not be updated.
  • I don't know weather nokia care was truth or not

•  Nokia care said display is gone i need to pay Rs 4200 + tax + service change. I took back set.

My Question to all other Guys is that " Does anyone is getting Color lines display "

If then there is bug in that software version 60

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Music V60.0.003 (Custom Version 60.0.003.C01.01 )

You can try Reinstalling the Firmware v60.0.003 yourself thru' NSU or Nokia suite.

BTW have you got the Display replaced anytime in the past ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

No, I haven't done my Phone Display replacement.

• 2 time Motherboad repalcement (Very next day of buying phone )
  • 3 times New Phone replacement was done by nokia care (2 Phone was old repalcement and 1 was brand new mobile replacement.)
  • out out my 1 year warrenty phone was in service center for about 7 month and total to 34 Job Sheets.
  • Last replacement was new handset replacement.
  • Please suggest me what to do next , no i dont trust nokia care any more.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

• Why Nokia Released V60 update only for customers not for nokia care
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Carltabi

Hey, rajeevanbhai

Sorry to hear about your problem 

Can  you   send me a private message your IMEI  number,  this will enable me to assist you further.

Thanks  for your advance cooperation

Kind regards 

Carl

If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.

Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Awais_M

Friends, I think V60 in 5800 is not Good. I have installed this v60 firmware but its not good.
it has Symbian Anna Browser. Which use lots of memory. its always saming memory full . close some allpications.
Can anybody help me? i want to install v50 or v52.

Awais Mahmood
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Its a good practice to Soft Reset the phone after a Firmware update. So, back-up your data and then dial *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default Security Code..unless changed by you) when prompted. Be warned that this will erase all data from the Phone Memory and you will need to restore data and MAY have to re-install a few applications...but its worth an effort. You should also get the Maps v 3.06 thru' Software updates after this.

I was getting the same error after the Update..but NO more after the Reset...

BTW, you can not Roll-back the Firmware...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes , Friend .... You are correct

V60 is not good. Even i observed after 900KB download it says close some application.

Earlier its was 4.5 MB was this limit for browser then it use to promopt to close other browser.

but now its not even 1 MB.

And do you face color display issue.... my 3 more friends are faceing same problem after update of v60...it looks now it has more bug then V52. 

Please use plain text.
claudiudem

[ Edited ]

i have a 5800 xm.first i want nokia don t give it up to the symbian system.prepare s60v7.different style with different clock and a player like winamp or ttpod and finally accuwheater for a few days.the new digital and analogic clock a good player make and a interface who let user to choice where put ico in user interface and keep the traditonal menu of nokia will be the return of symbian.make in system start user interface 9 pages where the user can arrange and rearrange the icon.
Second we wait the new uptdate from 5800.think about what i write.windows i phone and htc android wins just because have a graphic cool interface.yes the ram and cpu matter.sow you don t beleieve me??make a nokia model with a new symbian with all thing i ask.100 prototype and if user who tested like it and buy it i win.
And i need a file because i deleted in C:\private\100059c9\excludelist.txt for nokia 5800 blue Romanian default language rm 356 v60.0.003.if someone have that file send me a PM please.

* note; removed private information, publishing this to a public forum is not advised. 

Please use plain text.