Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 software update

Advisor
a_nil

Nokia 5800 software update

How can i update to firmware v50.0.005.C03.01 ?

What is the product code ?

regards

Anil
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Nokia 5800 software update

Product code is a 7 digit number printed below the battery which starts with 05****.

http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download

Download Ovi suite from the above link and connect your device to the computer, it automatically checks for software updates for your device.

Another way is to dial *#0000# from the dialler and check for updates

Note: This method of updating firmware requires a high speed 3G/Wi-Fi connection.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
a_nil

krizanand,

Thx for the reply but i was asking for the product code which can update to v50.0.005.C03.01.

regards

Anil
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

All product codes that have the V5 released can update   those that do not cannot .

If you are talking about altering your phones code its a topic banned by Nokia as it invalidates warranty .

jje

Please use plain text.
Advisor
a_nil

jjegan

Thx for the reply.

I have upgraded my Nokia 5800 to v50.0.005.C01.01 but now there is mistake in my GMT time setting. I tried to set my time zone to Nepal and it is showing GMT 0.00 Nepal whereas it is GMT +5.45.

How can i resolve this ?

regards

Anil
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

a_nil wrote:

krizanand,

Thx for the reply but i was asking for the product code which can update to v50.0.005.C03.01.

I am sure you didn't ask like that in your first post , you can search other unofficial forums for getting the product codes, google all the way  :smileywink:

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I have upgraded my Nokia 5800 to v50.0.005.C01.01 but now there is mistake in my GMT time setting. I tried to set my time zone to Nepal and it is showing GMT 0.00 Nepal whereas it is GMT +5.45.

Settings dont work then posible faulty firmware download/update    Or wrong product for phone .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ttam

Hello to all. I tried the *#0000# method then "check updates" but the reply/prompt was "no update". Does that mean the v50 software does not apply to ALL N5800? And I dloaded an image frm Ovi. When viewed, it moves, but when set as wallpaper or is wallimage, it doesn't anymore. How so?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Hello to all. I tried the *#0000# method then "check updates" but the reply/prompt was "no update". Does that mean the v50 software does not apply to ALL N5800?

Correct your product code defines your firmware .

Nokia release firmware     updates then depend upon  countries regulations and acceptance of firmware   Operators   passing of software  and additions made .

jje

Please use plain text.