Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 xpress music firmware update 60.0.003

Contributor
NXMXplicit

Re: Nokia 5800 xpress music firmware update 60.0.003

Hi, can I ask when will V60 be available in the Philippines? And, is it advisable to use such other custom softwares? Like the photon C6-04 for Nokia 5800 XM? They say it improves the performance of the device. Is it true? Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Very much doubt if the version will ever be made available now..as it was released almost 1-1/2 year ago ...

As for your other query, as per the Forum guidelines we can't discuss any such process thats not approved by Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Thank you so much. Can you give some useful tips regarding phone memory management? or speeding up the performance of the phone even if files in it already consumed a lot of space in the phone memory? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Am sure you must be using your Nokia 5800xm for quite some time now.. So, first Back-up your data using the Nokia Suite and then dial *#7370# followed by 12345 which is default code unless changed by you. Be warned that this will erase all data from the phone memory and bring the phone back to its Out-of-Box state. Now you may restore the data again thru' Nokia Suite..and install only those applications that you really really need.

The efforts you need to take will surely provide good result ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Thank You so much!

Can I do a hard reset instead of it? Will it result much better?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Experts say that Hard Reset is much DEEPER ..so may be you get some better results.. No harm trying ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Good day! I followed exactly what you have told me, to make a soft reset on my phone, but before I did that, I made a hard reset to make sure the whole reset will have a good result, and after that all the phone's setup came back to its default settings. I just noticed that my phone's memory decreased, it should be 86 MB by default, because making a hard reset will fully reset the phone. From 86 MB, my phone's memory became 76 MB, how did that happened? And then I made a soft reset to make sure the phone will erase left-over files in it. But it didn't work, what actually happened after that was my phone's memory came down to 75 MB. I was wondering about that missing 9 MB space.

Please help.
Thank you.

-NXMExplicit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Yes, it'll surely result much better. I'm just worried about that missing 9 MB space on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you update any applications after the Reset ? Not sure why that should happen but a similar issue mentioned in THIS thread 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Actually I have an application installed in it before, on the phone's memory, (MemoryUp Pro), after that I did the hard reset, and when I switched on my phone, that application was still in the phone, and on its icon there's a tiny key on its upper right corner and when I tried to remove it, it says, "Removing failed!". I re-install the application and replace it in order to make changes, after that I successfully removed the application, and that tiny key was gone after I re-installed it. Everything was cleaned after I did both resets, I'm just worried about that 9 mb space missing on my phone. Please help.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NXMXplicit

Its 11 MB, 11MB space missing. pardon me.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.