Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 603, 700 or 701 without FP1 - please post co...

Counsellor

Re: Nokia 603, 700 or 701 without FP1 - please post country details etc here

• Which phone do you have?

Nokia 700 (059L5V1)

• Which country did you buy it in?

UK.

• Did it come through an operator or SIM free?

I was under the impression that it was SIM free but some have suggested that it is a Tesco variant.

• Do you know whether other people in your country with these models have the upgrade yet?

Yes they do.

• Have you contacted Nokia care about the upgrade, and if so what did they tell you?

Yes via these forums (skyee) but she didn't get anywhere.

It's probably worth getting people to post their product codes - that's the only thing that determines whether you get an upgrade or not.  I have upgraded mine a different way now as I was fed up with waiting.

Al

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Craig_Mitchell wrote:

hello all,

I noticed this is also discussed here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-700-and-Belle-FP1-Product-codes-which-don-t-h...

I am now helping skyee get an understanding of the scale of this issue.

thanks, Craig

With respect Craig, skyee already knows the scale of the problem - I started that other thread with a detailed list of Nokia 700 product codes that hadn't received FP1 months ago.  I appreciate your efforts, but this is a familiar story which has been told many times over since we started getting OTA updates around the time of S60 3rd Edition FP2.  I suppose I should be grateful that I don't still have to make a hundred-mile round trip to a Nokia Care Centre just to find out the update is unavailable.  I can't anyway; they've all been closed down.

Thanks for your efforts anyway,

Al

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I'm planning to write to Stephen Elop again this weekend unless some miracle happens and we all get the software or at least some clear information before then.

So

Craig,

Have you managed to find any more information and will you share it with us?

Users out there from the Philippines, Hungary, Romania, Macedonia, Australia & New Zealand who have previously posted that you can't get FP1, are you still waiting for it?

Alan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
togath

- 700 white - 059L6M3 (RM_670_CV_Germany_VAR184506_white_silver_SWU111_020_0308_V1)

- Germany, via amazon

- sim-lock free, no branding

- No

- No

thanks for your effort,

togath

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia 700 059L1G3
US (Amazon)
SIM free, contract free.
No, I don't know anybody else.
Yes, and believe or not, this is part of Nokia's answer:

In response to your inquiry, we would like to inform you
that every software update that appears on the Nokia
Suite is the latest version. The FP1 (112.010.1404)
software update is the previous version that has been
available on the phone and since you were unable to
update the phone on that version then the next latest software update would be version 111.030.0609. With
this, since you have updated the phone with this software,
the Nokia Suite will prompt you that your Nokia 700 is
already up to date.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blackops1

nokia 700 (059L3S1) ,            

uk

o2-uk

no

no

Do not think i will get the update as o2 and nokia do not get on                                                                                                                                                                   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
am79

Well... let´s face it. Nothing is ever going to happen here. The employees that have been working on Symbian are probably laid off already. All that the moderators have been doing FOR MONTHS is delaying us. I refuse to believe, that in all this time, it is not even possible to give us proper reasons or some form of status updates. Seriously, even a behemoth as HP, that have a terrible customer support, do way better than this... No personal offense to the moderators - this is probably due to orders given to them and I really pity them for losing their jobs in the near future probably.

Nokia: you could at least have the decency to tell us the truth. This way, you really are not expecting us to ever buy a Nokia phone again, are you? Good bye, it is really sad to see a once excellent firm vanish...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarvinLEMMY

- Nokia 700 product code 059L1G1
- Austria
- Orange AT
- I don't know
- No

thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NicolaeAS

-Nokia 700(silver white) PC 059L4F1

-Romania

-Sim free

-I know some persons here(friends) that have the same prob (N700 and 701)

-Yes and i got no respons...

Best Wishes!

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I would like to apologise to those who have posted here for not giving you an update before now. I had planned, as I said, to write to Stephen Elop last weekend. In fact I have only just done so.

The reason why I didn't write on Saturday is that a last minute check on Nokia Taiwan's 701 support page showed that, after months of plugging FP1, they had just changed it to say that no software upgrade was available. It's in Chinese, but you can see an English translation here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=h...

Over the weekend, I checked dozens of other countries' Nokia 700/701/603 support pages and Taiwan was the only country that did not show FP1. 

Since then the Hong Kong 701 page has changed too. You can see the latest one and the Google cache as of August 3 (which will obviously change soon) here;

http://www.nokia.com/hk-en/support/product/701/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:smileysurprised:r9uenmheYoJ:www.nokia.com/hk-en/support/product/...

After some thought, I decided that this was all too complicated for my mail to Mr. Elop. I have this morning called Nokia Care Taiwan again. As before they say that 111 is the latest software available for my phone and that they don't know when any 'new' (sic) software will be available. They were not willing/able to try to find out any more information for me or to let me know how to escalate the issue short of writing to the chief executive.

I have therefore written to Mr. Elop stating this, mentioning that users in a list of other countries (thanks to you all) have similar problems and suggesting that he takes steps to improve communications with us.

I will let you know what reply I get.

Alan

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
better_belle

I was a naughty boy and flashed my firmware since Nokia hadn't bothered to update my firmware from 111.020.xxx since September last year. Nokia 700.

Easier than I thought. Clean. Slick.
Loving my phone now. Really am.
FP1 is awesome.
Please use plain text.
Rigcaly

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think we should focus on FP2 to be sure to not be "forget" again.

We must face the facts, we will never see the FP1 on our phones.

Thanks,

Rigcaly

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nyum

Hi Alan,

My details are as follows:

- Nokia 700
- UK
- SIM Free
- No
- No (only via forum complaints)

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I am disappointed to say that I have not had any reply to my email to Stephen Elop six days ago, Last time he replied on the same day. Perhaps Nokia has fired staff who help him deal with mails, or maybe he is too focused on the new Windows 8 devices, or maybe he just missed it.

Some time ago, Craig from Nokia offered to try to find out the extent of the problem. Is there any feedback from that?

There have been fairly recent posts here from users unable to get the update who bought their 701, 700 or 603 in USA, Colombia, The UK, Italy, Germany,  Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Israel, South Africa, Taiwan Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the Philippines.

In some countries like Taiwan, no one has the upgrade, whereas in some countries like the UK most users have, but a sizeable number seem to be left out. This seems to me to indicate that the problem is reasonably significant.

As I posted above, Nokia has recently changed their web sites for Hong Kong and Taiwan to say that the update is not available, but all other countries that I have checked still show it as available.

It would be great if Craig could come back to us with some more information. Otherwise, maybe someone else could take up the cudgels and either write to Stephen Elop or ask their local Nokia why they are still plugging FP1 on their website when it is not really available.

Alan

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mr_moobs

.....or as my wife has done, we can give up on Nokia and go elsewhere?

She had a Nokia 700 for only 6 months but has now gone iPhone partially off the back of all this.

I have an N8 so I am holding on to that on the basis that I like the camera.  When that gives up on me, I am also moving on to pastures new.  Seems a shame, but I see no other option.

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

Hi Craig_Mitchell, did you manage to get any info on the non-availability of FP1?

Craig,

Posting in this thread:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-603-700-or-701-without-FP1-please-post-countr...

on July 26 you wrote:

---------------------------------------------

hello all,

I noticed this is also discussed here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-700-and-Belle-FP1-Product-codes-which-don-t-h...

I am now helping skyee get an understanding of the scale of this issue.

thanks, Craig

---------------------------------------------

What did you and Skyee find out?

Alan Watson

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

Re: Hi Craig_Mitchell, did you manage to get any info on the non-availability of FP1?

Amazingly, I got a call from Nokia Taiwan out of the blue last night to say that FP1 was available for me to install. Everything loaded properly and I now have FP1 with a browser than than run most videos and with microsoft office.

There are one or two problems (with Google maps and missing ring tones) but these were things that I was expecting.

Now all Nokia has to do is to get it to everyone else or at the very least let people know what is going on. 

Interestingly the Nokia Taiwan website still states there there are no updates available for the 701.

I would be interested to know whether anyone else who has posted here has also got the upgrade.

Best wishes

Alan

Please use plain text.
nikbi79

[ Edited ]
  • Which phone do you have?

Nokia 701 (059L725) - for German market

• Which country did you buy it in?

USA, on the Amazon.

• Did it come through an operator or SIM free?

SIM free.

• Do you know whether other people in your country with these models have the upgrade yet?

No idea.

• Have you contacted Nokia care about the upgrade, and if so what did they tell you?

Yes, multiple times. Never got a straight answer, only apologies.

I am seriously thinking to flash my phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
John816

Re: Hi Craig_Mitchell, did you manage to get any info on the non-availability of FP1?

[ Edited ]

taiwan NOKIA 603 no any Updates to 059M3K4

Please use plain text.
hipocritos

- Nokia 603, 059k307

- Taiwan

- SIM free

- No idea

- No

Please use plain text.