Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6085 Firmware Update problem

Advisor

Nokia 6085 Firmware Update problem

Hey guys!

I've updated my phone's firmware to version 5.03. After I restart the phone and push the "Go to" button in the main screen, the screen remains blank with the two left and right option buttons and the background on screen. The only thing that can get me out of that screen is power off>power on. Also after the update the SMS system is gone crazy...it doesn't tell me if my SMSs are delivered or not, and it always splits them in 2 pieces even if they're shorter than 150 characters.

Every bit of help is appreciated. Thank you very much!
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6085 Firmware Update problem

I tried to reflash the same firmware a couple o times, but the problem is still there. Is there a way to flash an older firmware?
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
It's not possible to install old firmware yourself.

The best thing to do to solve this is to take your phone to a nokia care point and ask them to fully flash it.

If after they have done this it still doesn't work then they may offer you an older version.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Message Edited by psychomania on 08-Aug-2008 01:57 PM
Registered Member
akaki

Hey guys!

I've updated my phone's firmware to version 6.0. After my 6085 was cleared, "Nokia Software Updater" says that cudn't conect to phone. So i cant load new 6.0 version and old 4.2 version was also cleared and i cant start my phone :smileysad:

Akaki Kiviladze
Advisor

Well...for my phone the latest FW is 5.03. How can I get the 6.0 one? The 5.03 makes a big part of my phone unusable!
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
how do i get the 6.0 update for my nokia 6085 also im missing the att&t mall and mp3 icon on the main menu that happend after it jammed up please help asap

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to post personal email addresses on a public forum.

Message Edited by concordia on 03-Oct-2008 11:02 AM
Registered Member
Coolben

Some application don't work on my phone