Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6120 classic When new Firmware?

Advisor

It's outrageous. I don`t think they botter at all.

And the worst: you can't downgrade!
Please use plain text.

My god nokia how disappointed I am. Why the hell can't you make java work properly again? It worked in earlier firmwares, but now it hasn't been working properly for several releases. I'm now on 6.01 (btw nokia software updater told me that the update failed, although it updated properly) and nothing hasn't changed.

FIX IT FOR GODS SAKE!! Btw the software is so buggy and slow that I get sick when I have to use it. I like nokia very much, I don't want to go over to SE or anything else, but if this continues, I guess I don't have any choice.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This week on Monday and today (Thursday) the phone did not rang the alarm at all... The alarm is set to ring on Workdays only. My workday are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The phone was switched off through the night and should automatically to switch on and perform the alarm. But on Monday and Thursday noting happened... This phone model is not reliable! Shame you, NOKIA!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
m4dj

Really strange. I checked quite well if my phone works ok with this newest firmware. I did not experienced any of this faults that are posted here. But i noticed that the battery last much less then in other firmwares although i have always use it without 3G Support. The battery is only one year old. I see on ebay that i can find the battery with higher capacity (1100mah, the original is 890mah) for a price of less then 10 eurs with shipping.
Regards
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The effect is the same here with the battery... Battery lasts much less than before (I do not use 3G as well).
The phone is more stable although, no freeze or other unexpected thing. My phone's firmware is updated from the very-old 3.83.
Back to the battery issue. If I well-informed, someone in a hungarian (?) forum suggested us do NOT buy that 1100mAh battery because that non-Nokia battery may causes serious damage in your phone. (But I think you should search for more information on the net.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Another problem with this new firmware:

The web browser several times report "memory full". Pages with more than 500k make the browser freeze and report this problem.

I have 24 Mb free in main memory.

I'm still wondering why this firmware was released if it doesn't fix anything
Please use plain text.
Advisor
m4dj

[ Edited ]
About the battery 1100mah. I searched over the net on the ebay and found also a 1200mah bl-5b battery. Its a compatible battery for nokia. I don't think that with this battery you can make some damage to the phone...it will oly last much more then the standard one. I think that this 1200mah is the highest capacity available for the bl-5b battery type.

With the older firmware my phone battery last 3-4 days. ow only 2 days at the best. Something is wrong with this firmware. After the update I was taken to some survey and I noticed to nokia staff about this problem.

About memory problem.... I experienced this issue in the older firmwares when I tryed sometimes to start Garmin application. After the phone restart everything was ok.

In the older firmwares I have the issue when opened the callendar...almost everytime I got the message that one or more alarms missed due to a time change ...althought nothing was changed. For now seems everything ok with the newest one regarding this issue.

Memory full message displays when you have insufficient RAm memory ,, try to restart the phone. Also this message is shown when the document that you are trying to open does not fit into the memory.

Message Edited by m4dj on 17-Nov-2008 07:50 PM
Regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor
m4dj

[ Edited ]
My suggestion is DO NOT INSTALL THE 6.01 FIRMWARE. Sty at 4.21 or 5.11.....Today morning at 6 oclock i disconnected the phone from the charger. 3 G is not enabled. Now it is 22:30 and my phone shows low battery !!!??

Today i made about 10 minutes of talking.

This is not normal, its insane heh. I hope that they will fix this problem with some new firmware since I can not downgrade it.

Message Edited by m4dj on 17-Nov-2008 09:32 PM
Regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My 6120 is also draining battery like hell.

The 6.01 didn't fix the bugs from 5.11 and introduced new ones. This post has more than 380 messages so I think it´s fair to consider 6120c the bost buggy mobile ever.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I tried to search the post which was mentioned a possible damage with non-Nokia 1100 mAh batteries but could not find it. If you have new information about any possible alternatives to the 890 mAh battery please do not hesitate to share it with us. :smileywink:

Regarding in the higher energy consumption maybe I have an interesting information. If I stopped an application with the menu button and the application kept in status running in the background, seemed it has eaten a lots of CPU. I downloaded a freeware task manager (Jbak TaskMan, http://jbak.ru) but haven't got more info about this problem yet. I will have a look tomorrow.

Due to the problems, it would be nice to see a new firmware version at least...
Please use plain text.
Sage
rpgs_player

Power management in this firmware is disappointing :smileysad:, the 5.11 one was much better.
Feel free to hit the KUDOS button if you think I deserved it.........
Please use plain text.

I have V 3.83 on my 6120c and thinking it's time to upgrade.
I don't want to upgrade to V 6.11 though, as I see here it's quite buggy.
Is it possible somehow to just upgrade to V 5.11 and not 6.01?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
diabo

Did anyone already take their 6120c with fw version 6.01 to a Nokia Service Point, tell them about the bugs this update introduced, and demand that they downgrade your fw to v5.11?

Nokia Service Points have the tools to downgrade your firmware. Did anyone managed to make them do it?
symbian programs & themes, nokia maps for any browser on any operating system of your choice, and other tricks to tame symbian: http://symbian.site666.info
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade. It seems that 6.01 was the greatest scam Nokia produced and we are the fools.
Please use plain text.
Sage
diabo

01-Dec-2008 03:46 PM
ppaulojr wrote:
Unfortunately you cannot downgrade. It seems that 6.01 was the greatest scam Nokia produced and we are the fools.

Is that what the people at a Nokia Service Point told you, even after you described all the bugs in the new firmware to them?

They have the tools to downgrade the firmware, so I wouldn't take no for an answer from a Nokia Service Point if your phone is still covered by the warranty.
symbian programs & themes, nokia maps for any browser on any operating system of your choice, and other tricks to tame symbian: http://symbian.site666.info
Please use plain text.
Advisor

It's still covered but they said they cannot downgrade
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is it possible to use my warranty to downgrade my phone to v5.11? Oo, v6.01 is very buggy...
Please use plain text.

This is totally unacceptable! this firmware (v06.01) is pure **bleep**. NOTHING fixed, a LOT of issues introduced. The most annoying thing is the battery life. Has anyone noticed issues when using the voice recorder? The phone rebooted while recording, and it happened twice. This is quite unexpected from Nokia, and I'm hoping for another update as soon as possible, to solve at least the power management issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My battery lasts maximun of 22 hours.

I think this is unacceptable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I upgraded to last FW. I have only one probem: my date is changing almost every day. It's changes one day forward. Example: I set the date 03.12.2008 and then after one day the date is 05.12.2008.
I also try to set "use the operator time" but it's the same.

Any help?
Please use plain text.