Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA 6120 - NO POWER

Registered Member

NOKIA 6120 - NO POWER

My handset will not power up. Battery is full but can't get past the black screen. Will turn on but drops out within a few seconds. It's 14 months old. an ideas? Is it fixable or should I start looking for a new phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: NOKIA 6120 - NO POWER

[ Edited ]

Why the new soft hasn't got Polish language? I'm using T9 and now it's not possobile.... I regret that I installed that :[

I don't recommend this update!

Message Edited by klodziol on 27-Jan-2009 12:03 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6120 classic When new Firmware?

When will there be a new firmware? Battery is draining very fast using mobile internet or playing games... I hate it! :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshotbg

Yes, it's time for a firmware update and please include Flash Lite 3 and Adobe Reader 2.5 LE!!!
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Well i had 3.7 firmware for the last year since i bought the phone and always had a problem with the sound going off and then hanging, so needed to restart... very annoying :smileymad: I always tried to update, but it always said there was none available !!!

Now finally the updater tells me i can install firmware 6.01 which i did and seems to have fixed the sound problem, although now my battery dies in a day and some languages are missing etc etc :smileymad: !!!!!!!!

So even after 3 or so available updates NOKIA you still can't get it right !!!! :smileymad:

Also to make matters worse there seems to be no way of changing the firmware back to an older version !!!! :smileymad:

USELESS !!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

Message Edited by shanem on 19-Mar-2009 12:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Okey...We are still waiting for new firmware...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yeah, i notice that city bloxx gets lag when i play it with 6120c, 6.01 version. I'm battling on CB quick game with friends, but now it's frustrating... Can Somebody Help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Does the Nokia-Staff read our complains about the 6.01 firmware?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

The boards are a user-to-user troubleshooting forum, people from various parts of Nokia do monitor the boards but it is not a place where feedback is given by Nokia.

If you require a direct response to your questions from Nokia personnel, please contact Nokia Care by telephone or e-mail (see the "Contact Us" tab for more details). 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi

I updated my firmware yesterday without doing any research, doh!

Has anybody contacted Nokia directly for this issue? or does anybody know a fix yet?

Cheers

Chris

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshotbg

We will have to wait and see. I hope there will be one last update. :X Maybe if we all ask them the same question they will try to make one last version?

Nokia says: "******, kindly be informed that the latest software release for the Nokia 6120 Classic is indeed version 6.01.

As for now, I am unable to confirm on the release of the next software update particularly for this model. In addition, software update availability is based on many things, including existing Nokia device firmware version, country, and operator. Thus, all these factors are taken into consideration upon releasing the latest software update for a phone.

Nevertheless, ******, we value all constructive feedback that we receive. This gives us a gainful insight towards developing and providing greater technology, products and services to our customers. We do take into account that the requirements of our customers may differ and rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded on to the relevant department for further review. Will certainly inform you if there is a software upgrade for Nokia 6120 Classic."             

Please use plain text.
Advisor

That is not going to be soon, I think..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Good news!

There's a 6.51 FW for customer care centers. Let's wait for the official NSU to include this update. Actually, I can give a link to some russian and czech forums, where this version is already available for offline downloading, but it will be a certain violation of the posting rules:smileyhappy: Use search engines to find it yourself!

P.S. Yet no info about fixes/changes in this new FW.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Great news. :smileyhappy:

I put it on my phone. Now the phone is much faster with memory card and I think there is little java improvment but is still laggy.

I can't say anything about the battery right now, maybe I'll after 2-3 days. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by tooner on 04-May-2009 11:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miyra

Nokia 6120 classic Firmware update

My Nokia 6120 classic is currently using a firmware version 4.21. Few months ago I found that there was a new firmware update for Nokia 6120c, v5.11, but I didn't consider updating my phone's firmware to the version of 5.11. Now there was a latest version of Nokia 6120c firmware update available (v6.01). If I missed the last firmware and skip updating to the v6.01 firmware, will I missed any updates offered in the last firmware (v5.11)? Someone please help me!!! I'm confused!!!
3310 >>> 8250 >>> 3120 >>> 6070 >>> 5300 XpressMusic >>> 6120 Classic >>> 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6120 classic Firmware update

[ Edited ]
You are not going to have any problem. You can update form 3.70 to 6.51 if you want, there will be no difference. But I think you should wait for NSU release of 6.51 and then to update.
Message Edited by tooner on 05-May-2009 10:43 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotshotbg

Please if anyone works with the new 6.51 firmware for a couple of days can you report how's the battery life (better/worse than 6.01) and how is CityBloxxx working? 

Please use plain text.

City bloxx still lagging like hell, and battery seems to be little better (cant tell for sure, because i am doing pretty long calls lately) sorry
Please use plain text.

Can please somebody put a direct link to download the 6.51 firmware?? I can`t find it via google. Thx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

fraenze wrote:
Can please somebody put a direct link to download the 6.51 firmware?? I can`t find it via google. Thx

www.nokia.com/softywareupdate. Nokia only releases updates via the NSU application, so you'll get the latest version for YOUR specific phone's product code.
Please use plain text.