Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6233 Software Version 05.60 released

recently i successful to update my 6233 to version 05.60,but can i recover to my original version??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anson

No, because you update the latest version of your phone's software.
Please use plain text.

Hello, I have 6233, SW version is 5.60.
I have problem with "Open log" rebooting.

Is it possible to solve this?

BTW there is "solution" for this but it is stupid:

Someone wrote:
***But later I have found that the call log works well when there are no records in the log or just dialed calls are present in the log. When there are incoming calls or missed calls in the log, the problem appears.***
Please use plain text.

Same issue. Get Operation Failed when I try to Modify or Add Details to an existing contact.
One way around this problem is to Delete this contact and readd the information or Copy it to the othere memory (Phone->SIM Card or vice versa) and then recopy it to the original location. That also works...
Please use plain text.

But if you have a contact image how do you save them?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Regarding contacts during business card sending issue. I experienced the problem as well. Solution is very easy and fast:
1. Open PCSuite on phone contacts.
2. Select all contacts in window and copy files (drag & drop) to some disk location (just to backup) - for each contact the single .vcf file will be created.
3. From phone menu delete the last contact on the list (just go to the end of the contacts list by scrolling up)
4. From disk location drag .vcf file with deleted contact to the PCSuite contacts window.
5. Some synchronisation will occur.
6. DONE :smileyhappy:
Looks like firmware upgrade doesn’t update some counters and it has to be done by such manipulations. Probably the same effect can be achieved by adding contact with name situating it at the very end of contacts list but I’ve not tested it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

HOW DO I UPDATE FIRMWARE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO
SOMEBODY HELP!! PLZ!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how to edit proxy settings in this handset please reply me in urgent
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

31-Aug-2008 12:46 PM
stickman wrote:
HOW DO I UPDATE FIRMWARE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO
SOMEBODY HELP!! PLZ!!

See www.nokia.com/softwareupdate - you will need the Nokia Software Updater program from this page and a USB connection cable (I believe it is CA-53 for this model, but check that to be sure).

NSU will give you the latest version available for your specific phone (there may be regional and network variations), and will do much of the work for you, there are no special settings you need.

You must backup your phone memory first, otherwise personal info like contacts and messages may be lost.
Please use plain text.

Had exactly the same problem which was sorted by simply turning the phone off and removing the battery. Must leave the battery out for 10 mins or more.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Got a strange one! On my Nokia 6233 I had upgraded to 5.60 some time ago. The phone developed a fault so I am using my daughter's old phone (need a 6233 so it fits car etc). Her phone was running software 3.4 so I upgraded - but it has only upgraded to 5.43.
When I go to update site & enter the phone serial number it lists 5.43 as the latest version - yet using my (faulty) other phone it lists 5.60

Any ideas?
Please use plain text.

hey, somebody help me where to download up
grades?
Please use plain text.
Sage
orno

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
@old_chap,

That just means that v5.60 firmware is not yet approved and available for the product code of your daughter's handset. If I were you, and the current firmware version does not have any problems, then stick with v5.43 as it is very stable in my opinion. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by josekym on 22-Sep-2008 08:54 AM
Please use plain text.

Hello every1

I have upgraded my Nokia 6233 from version 5.43 to 5.60 from Nokia Care. The problems which i faced after upgrading is:-

1) None of the application will work if your GPRS is activated. e.g GMAIL, opera mini, ebuddy

The reason is the browser support is nt the same which was in 5.43 version. I spoke to nokia people and they said now to access all these application we have to activate a connection from our provider.

For vodafone customer we need to activate VODAFONE CONNECT

For airtel customer we need to activate MOBILE OFFICE.

Both are chargable around 199. So it means when u upgrade the version the facility goes which nokia people dint intimate me in advance, so wt i was using thru GPRS now cannot be accessed. I have complained regarding this in NOKIA RnD dept. Lets see what reply i get. Please let me know if you guys r facing the same prob.

Regards,

Rupam

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi.i have upgrade the latest version 05.60 of my nokia 6233.but the quality of the camera decrease ;it's not like before .in the version 05.43 the camera was clear.can you help me .i need to understand.thanks .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clissical

I agree to update my phone
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seas_amar

how could I install the current 5.6 version to my mobile???

Please use plain text.
coolucky

How to Nokia 6233 Software Version 05.60 re-installing?

hello sir ,
i have nokia 6233. i was faced problem when my phone was in grantee it was getting restart randomly.
i visit nokia care then they format my phone with all the system files. but when grantee expired i realized about this think my phone was unable to detect by pc suit but when i connected it for many hours then detected.

tell me how to flash nd again re-install my phone’s firmware again.
deleting everything nd again installing.
then this problem will be solved.
i didnot find way how to flash phone nd re-install firmware. my phone is already updated.

one recently april 04 dated piture is attached .check it out.
help me out if there is solution. m waiting for reply.
regards.

Please use plain text.