Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6300 firmware language problem

Nokia 6300 firmware language problem

Hi there,as a loyal Nokia customer I never had any problems with any Nokia cellphone, except my Nokia 6300 (RM-217).

So I decided to update it's firmware.

I just updated the firmware to the latest version 7.21, using the *greek* Nokia software updater, it updated sucessfully but I lost my Greek language! I especially used the greek version cause I thought it would use the greek firmware!

Greek is not available in the language sets anymore.

How can I fix this problem?

I really need my phone to be in greek, I purchused it in greek!

There should be a warning about what languages are supported in the firmware update.

Is there a way to select the last firmware that supported Greek? Which is it and how can I install it?

Please help me.

Thank you.

Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Re: Nokia 6300 firmware language problem

maybe your phone wasn't ment for greece (assuming you bought it here). whether you download the english or the greek version of nsu, it will give you the same firmware. the only thing that changes is the nsu language and not which server it will connect to take the firmware. the only thing you can do is to take it to a nokia care point and ask them to install the greek for you.

[giafto na protimas panta ton "germano" i ton "ote"]

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

christos1, did you install Greek language support from a Nokia Care Point? In that case it is a language pack that was installed. After a firmware update, you will have to reinstall the language pack. And for this, you WILL have to take it to a Nokia Care Point.

I assume that you haven't tampered with the product code.

As rightly pointed by the post above, regardless of the language you choose for NSU, you will get the firmware binary that is meant for your product code that would support a certain set of languages.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...

Thank you for your answers people, I took the phone to the point of purchace and they fixed it so problem solved. :smileywink: