Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6300 firmware v7.30

Registered Member

Nokia 6300 firmware v7.30

So I have seen this mentioned and have even downloaded an .exe file of it.

But when I use Nokia Software Updater it says my current firmware 7.21 is the latest, even when I have 7.30 sitting there!

But I have no idea how to use the exe to load 7.30 onto the phone.

Again I bet there are no release notes. Hopefully it fixes the bugs like not remembering new words I "save" in SMS.

But since I can't load it to the phone, I have no idea!

Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

Re: Nokia 6300 firmware v7.30

depending on the phone variant that you currently have, u might not be able to update the phone software

have u tried checking ur product code on http://www.nokia-asia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-up... to determine what the latest s/w version available is?

also what exe file are u referring to? the nokia software updater connects to an online database to download the appropriate updates and then installs it onto the phone, it doesnt depend on a separate downloaded file on the desktop of ur pc

if u have confirmed that 7.30 is the latest s/w available for ur phone but u are unable to update it using the nsu, then i would suggest u take it to a nokia care point for a technician to do it for u so that u dont affect ur warranty. details of the nokia care points can be found by clicking on the Contact Us link

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ajaybasankar

i have changed phones body..... :smileysad:and now i am not geting product id..........

how can i get it???????????

i also used *#0000#  code but i didnt get that product code.............

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nafay

men you can use *#92702689#
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sadashiva

hello i'am useing nokia 6300    v 07.21

05-11-08

RM-217  but problem is the camera when i use camera my phone get blank and  get's hang and nothing work at that time and i should take out the batter out then puting back the then it work good and i can't play the videos in my phone and the same problem phone get blank and  get's hang and nothing work if you can help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked via Nokia suite on your PC if there are any firmware updates available for your device? if there are any, please update to the latest version offered. failing that, you can try re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite, and if that doesnt' work, then Restoring your phoen to factory settings.

Failign the above, you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.