Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6303 9.10 firmware

Advisor

Nokia 6303 9.10 firmware

Hi, I read on some Nokia fan forums that there is new firmware (9.10) for 6303 model. But when I go to NSU still is info about 8.90 and this is same info when i go to Nokia website were we can check availability of new firmware for our phone. So will the new firmware available for this model?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

This question comes up time and time again.

The official response is:

Please note that your mobile service provider, operator or carrier may not have approved this latest Nokia device firmware. Nokia produces many different variants of each product (for different countries and languages) and not all variants have updated Nokia device firmware. It is our priority to update all variants as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any delay. Please note that not all operators endorse the latest software versions available.

(From here: http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/news)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

one bug which i ve found in 6303 messaging is that, in case you leave lines (more than 2) between lines and then continue writing the message below, while sending it merges the lines.
e.g.

hi

hello

bye

while sending ... it ll show as

hi

hello

bye

This is a very weird bug as it is not their in even the old nokia phones.

Unfortunately, this isn't still fixed in 9.10 firmware update :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have updated to the latest version 9.10 but this firmware doesn't support or have the GREEK language.What can i do to add the GREEK language or to put the previous version?The previous version was 6.4 and had the GREEK language.I bought the phone the previous week.I have done the procedure 3 times with both the greek and english Nokia Software Updater but i still don't have the GREEK language.

Also, every time i started the procedure the phone shut down and i had to put the pin code to continue.The procedure was completed all the times and i have the version 9.1 but without the GREEK language.

Is there a problem with the phone or with the firmware?

Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

I noticed such bugs which sometimes are hampering the use of phone.

Nokia 6303 classic V 09.10

When set the font of message on a small and in certain circumstances, message is displaying incorrect.

To demonstrate the display bug, I've included sample text:

:-) :-) Examples :-) :-) :-) :-)abc

(pay attention to spaces or the lack of the spaces)

Edit mode:

Display mode:

During the reading you can see that part of the "abc" is not displayed properly (disappeared) and you can see only a small portion of the letter "a".

Another bug and text of message:

Example text Example text :-)Continue

(pay attention to spaces or the lack of the spaces)

Edit mode:

Display mode:

In this example, the bug is that the smiley has been divided and partly moved to a new line.

The texts of these messages are an example to show the bugs which appear also with normal use - it's a matter of the length of text/words.

It would be nice if nokia fix these bugs.

Another problem is how the phone scroll the text. Well, the message is scrolled at the screen, and not by line. This is obviously a matter of habit, but the bug is that the scrolling is often imprecise. Very often the first and last line is displayed from the middle, which makes the scrolling text need to look eye to continue.

Interesting is also another thing. I don't know whether it is intentional or not... Path in menu is:

Menu -> Organiser -> Calendar -> Options -> Go to to-do list -> Back -> Back

It's a strange place in the menu - it's called "My files" and you can see there are three items: Gallery, Media and Organizer. When you press Back, the cursor is at the Gallery.

Is this normal?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

I would like to add one more bug of display message.

It's a sample text:

:-) :-) :-) Example text 1234

Edit mode:

Edit mode

Display mode:

Display mode

In this bug you can see that the digits overlap on the text.

If at the beginning will be more smiles, the text and digits will be more mixed.

Whether the Nokia will fix these bugs for all Product Code?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kamran_24

@Mikesz Yup! Bro, it is completely NORMAL in series 40 phone to show dat path of Organizer, Gallery & Media. My 6303c, 6300 & 3110c shows d same thing..
sent from Nokia E52
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

It's another bug of displaying message with the small font.

Text of message:

:-) Example  text?

Between the words, there are two spaces.

Edit mode:

Edit mode

Display mode:

Display mode

In display mode you can see, the words are not displayed in line and are linked - without space.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

In terms of firmware updates, Nokia probably abandoned this model. Pity for me, because I still use it

Please use plain text.
KRisz

northwood wrote:
Hi, I read on some Nokia fan forums that there is new firmware (9.10) for 6303 model. But when I go to NSU still is info about 8.90 and this is same info when i go to Nokia website were we can check availability of new firmware for our phone. So will the new firmware available for this model?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

It all depends on the product code.

For example:

for product code 0568391 the latest version is 10.12
for product code 0587471 the latest version is 10.10
for product code 0587558 (my phone) the latest version is 09.10

For some others product code is more older version of firmware.
I have the phone under warranty, so changing the product code rather is out
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikesz

Hi.

I want to report some bug in version 10.12.
Bug concerns the list of "Recently used" list.

For the purposes of demonstration I created three bogus contacts that return errors sent, but with real contacts it works too.
Also, if someone doesn't use the built-in mail client, this bug didn't experience.

My two contacts have phone numbers and one have e-mail address.

Tester1 (phone number)
Tester2 (phone number)
Tester3 (e-mail address)

At the beginning, clear all call list, or at least "Msg. recipients."
Menu -> Log -> Clear log lists -> All call lists.

Ok.

Send an SMS to Tester1
After that send SMS to Tester2
And now send e-mail to Tester3 (Menu -> Messages -> Create message -> E-mail meggase)

For this moment a list of recipients of the message looks like this:

SCREEN: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/odbs.png

Now send SMS to Tester1 or Tester2 but necessarily by use the "Recipients used" list.

After that go to Menu -> Messages -> Create message -> E-mail message and try to select Tester3 from "Recipients used" list.
I get a display message that "No e-mail addresses found", but after all it's not a truth.
To be convinced of this bug, go to Menu -> Log -> Msg. recipients. You can see that the contact e-mail address is listed.

Is version 10.12 is definitely the last version?

Please use plain text.